News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

2012-2016 what do you think these years will hold :/

Started by winifred, November 07, 2012, 04:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I don't really pay attention to any poliical thing. I will say that some of my cousins like Obama but personally I don't, I won't slam the members on here who like him though, because everyone is entitled. I'm keeping my reasons for not liking him to myself. I don't want to make things ugly in this topic. Hope I'm not coming off as rude, and I will say congrats to everyone who voted. I'm glad that in America we have the freedom to.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Gears on November 07, 2012, 01:40:26 PM
Gah, I think we're in for a REALLY rough time. :/ Obama made blatant lies left and right, and i'm surprised people were still dumb enough to vote for him, after all that he's done last term. >_<
Quote from: Matthias720 on November 07, 2012, 05:54:11 PM
Also, a big thank you to everyone who has currently posted here, for keeping things friendly; please keep it up.
...'Kay.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Flandor

Quote from: Something Horrifying on November 08, 2012, 04:22:46 AM
Quote from: Gears on November 07, 2012, 01:40:26 PM
Gah, I think we're in for a REALLY rough time. :/ Obama made blatant lies left and right, and i'm surprised people were still dumb enough to vote for him, after all that he's done last term. >_<
Quote from: Matthias720 on November 07, 2012, 05:54:11 PM
Also, a big thank you to everyone who has currently posted here, for keeping things friendly; please keep it up.
...'Kay.

Seconded.  I think it's an ugly thing to call people dumb for supporting one candidate over another.  Won't get into arguing my political stance because it's clear that anyone who says something like that isn't worth the time.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Matthias720

I'm not going to argue semantics. I'm glad we don't currently have a flame war. And regardless of what anyone has said, no one else is escalating negative feelings. As long as there aren't overreactions to anything anyone else has posted, I'm satisfied.

Dannflower Reguba

Just adding on to Matthias'  comment, you needen't have brought that post up, it had already blown over, and no one else made an issue. Bringing it back up was much more of a threat than just leaving it be.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Something Horrifying

At this point, I'm not going to say who I supported, because frankly, I'm really disappointed. If I was an Obama supporter, several of you have made it very clear what you would think of me for it, and if I was a Romney supporter, I'd be kind of ashamed. That insulting post had "blown over" because so far in this thread everyone but one person shared the same opinion. Not every Romney supporter has been rude by any means and it's certainly fine to state your opinion, but I'm not seeing pro-Romney so much as anti-Obama and anti-Obama supporters, and calling people stupid for supporting Obama is definitely out of line.

Think about if this was over another issue. If we were in the Redwall discussion area, and someone said "anyone that liked that book is an idiot" or "I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to like that character", knowing full well that people that liked the book or character in question might read the thread and feel insulted?

If we're going to be polite and civil, let's be polite and civil with everyone, not just the people that share our opinions because the people that disagree happen to be in the minority. I don't think this is a terribly radical stance to take, guys.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Dannflower Reguba

That still doesn't justify threatening the peace of the thread. Can't you see that now because that post was brought up, it's already causing issues, but there weren't any issues until it was brought up. Better to leave a sleepinbg giant be, than to wake it up, and hope it's friendly.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

redwallgurl

I think it's all right that Obama was re-elected, though I agreed more with Gary Johnson.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on November 08, 2012, 08:58:54 PM
Well.....I will most likely grow taller.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  :D That was hilarious! Funny none of the rest of us would think about something BESIDES politics..... Here we are a bunch of Fantasy lovers, and we're talking about POLITICS!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: danflorreguba on November 08, 2012, 09:02:26 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on November 08, 2012, 08:58:54 PM
Well.....I will most likely grow taller.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  :D That was hilarious! Funny none of the rest of us would think about something BESIDES politics..... Here we are a bunch of Fantasy lovers, and we're talking about POLITICS!

Why thank you. I don't normally think of politics. My nose is in a redwall book most of the time.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Well, regardless of what's going to happen,  I'm just going to live out my life in the best way that I can for these next four years. And yes I agree I pretty much am addicted reading to my Redwall books.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

rakkety tam

well i dont know about all of the USA but West virginia and virginia and all of the coal mining states are going to have severe job loss cause obama is against coal but i found this interesting that i heard from someone i forget who it was but they said that romney won the popular vote but obama won the electoral vote has anyone heard anything about this
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Taggerung_of_Redwall

There will be no insults to anyone regardless of thier political views or who they voted for. All such talk is prohibited. There is no flame war now, and flaming the fire will not be allowed. Any more instances will go a long way to getting this topic locked.

@rakkety tam: Obama won both electoral and popular vote.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah dinnae ken. Maybe we'll get a uzed year. Again...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.