News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

DanielofRedwall

I haven't even finished the first chapter yet, and I already love it! "Buck did not read the newspapers..." :) Best opening line ever.

I found out my bro's copy wasn't the original one, so I borrowed an original one from the school library.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

I'm rereading Mariel of Redwall. I'm also reading a book called "Federation." It's a Star Trek book.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Redwall Musician on August 26, 2011, 10:02:54 PM
I'm currently reading Arabian Nights. I just started it today, so I don't know if I like it or not.
I haven't read all of them, but I like the ones I've read.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwall Musician

I'm now reading Taggerung. I wanted to read Mossflower, but the library didn't have it. So I was debating with myself wondering which to get. I then asked my brother, "Should I get the one about the awesome girls squirrel, the awesome guy squirrel, two hares, or a otter raised by vermin." He said to get Taggerung, and then I did.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Ottakar

I have that book, Nightfire.  ;D I have another one that someone got me which I haven't got around to reading yet too. But right now I'm reading Machine Man by Max Barry which I'm almost done with, plus I'm partway through the Left Behind series which a friend recommended, and I'm considering reading a non fiction book I have next about island wildlife. For some reason a lot of them end up as eighter huge or tiny versions of the mainland lines.

Nightfire

I'm currently rereading The Bellmaker. It just struck me: No vermin marriage has ever lasted. EVER!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Quote from: Nightfire on September 05, 2011, 03:46:56 PM
I'm currently rereading The Bellmaker. It just struck me: No vermin marriage has ever lasted. EVER!
Usually they die before we find out whether or not their marriage would last, but I doubt most of them would hold together anyways. :P

I'm reading The Fruit of Her Hands by Nancy Wilson. Such a good book! I'd recommend it to all girls on this or any forum!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

I finished Bellmaker!  ;D
Now I want to reread Eulalia, but I don't own it, unfortunately, so I need to find it in my library.

Lily

I finished Salamandastron last night, so it's on to Redwall for me whenever I get the time. It feels so good to re-read everything. ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Icefire

Quote from: Lily on September 07, 2011, 07:34:56 AM
I finished Salamandastron last night, so it's on to Redwall for me whenever I get the time. It feels so good to re-read everything. ;D
Agreed!  ;D
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, ah juzt realized after zearchin' online tha' Dune: The Butlerian Jihad iz part o' a trilogy o' bookz. AAAAAAARGH! MUZT HAVE MUZT HAVE MUZT HAAAVE!!!

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lily

HIAG, I've been meaning to read Dune for ages now, and you're making me want to read it even more. I think I might have to get it...

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Frank Herbert waz a pure geniuz. (Waz becauze he'z dead na'...)