News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Wake up, said a voice in the murky darkness of unconscious. You are needed.
  "Who's there?" Skarzs struggled to regain his senses. "What do you mean? I can't see you."
  "I am Martin." The voice was clearer now, but it seemed to be fading away slowly. "You know of me, but you have never seen me." A vision of a mouse clad in armor showed before Skarzs.
  "Martin?"
  "You must find the ones who need help. You and your friends' knowledge will be needed if they are to be saved."
  Skarzs felt as if he was being dragged out of a pit, his senses dulled but sharp, everything rushing past him and pushing against him as the mouse grew distant. "Wait! I don't know-!"
  "If there is any hope for them, you must adapt. Your friends will need you. Now wake up."
  Skarzs' eyes popped open, waking up breathing heavily. He found himself tensed up all over, so he relaxed. He still remembered his dream vividly. But as his vision cleared and his body readjusted to wakefulness, he realized he was not where he though he was. Where was the ceiling? He was looking at leaves and tree boughs! Where were his blankets? His bed? When had he fallen asleep? Why did his skin feel so. . . Alien?
  He sat up, looking at his. . . Hands? Paws? They were his, no doubt; they felt like his. But they were covered in fur, as was his entire arm! He pulled away the sleeve of the strange shirt he was wearing to check, then looked down. He gasped as he saw his legs. They were broken! Or. . . They were jointed twice. His feet were uncovered, and they looked like the feet of some huge cat.
The pieces fell into place in Skarzs' mind as he felt his own tail beneath his rear, and touched his face. He was not the same. Somehow, he had changed.
  Martin.
  "No way, " Skarzs muttered.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

There was something digging painfully into Jukka's back.  She opened her eyes in annoyance at being disturbed from her dream... and found herself staring up at leafy foliage.

"What on earth?" she muttered in shock, sitting bolt upright, and immediately she saw something horrifying.  Her body was no longer hers - it was covered in dark brown fur, and her legs ended in clawed paws.  She raised her hands to her face, and screamed as soon as she saw them.

Furry paws for hands.  Proportionally short legs compared to her longer torso.  Her breathing was heavy and panicked.  Fur all over her.  She scrambled to her feet and quickly discovered she had a tail.  And she was wearing a strange blue tunic, belted, with shorts underneath, none of which she had seen before.  She touched her face, her head, and found ears in the wrong place and a strange nose and mouth.

Was she still dreaming?!  But it all felt so absolutely real!  What had she been dreaming, anyway?  She struggled for a moment to remember, and then it all came back in a rush.

A mouse - Martin the Warrior, from the Redwall series.  He'd been in her dream, telling her she and her friends were needed and that they must find the ones who need help.  Jukka looked around, trying to take in her surroundings for the first time.  She was in a forest, goodness only knew where.  Mossflower, maybe, impossibly?    Could this really be happening to her?  Would she ever see her family again?  The world spun.

"Calm down, calm down," she told herself, forcing her breathing to slow.  If this was real, she needed to keep her wits about her and prioritize finding these friends Martin had mentioned.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Corn shifted, she was on her back and she hated sleeping on her back. She'd been dreaming about a mouse - Martin the Warrior, in fact, from her old favorite book series. That's odd. She thought sleepily. Try as she might, she couldn't quite remember the rest of the dream.
Barely opening her eyes, she started to stretch out her arms and roll over onto her stomach. Oh that's weird. No pain, and. . . No pillow? Did I throw it off the bed again? Feeling around for her pillow, she couldn't find it, and grumpily sat up and finally opened her eyes fully, to be greeted with not the familiar art on her bedroom walls, but what appeared to be a very blurry forest. Panicking she started patting around herself attempting to find her glasses. Or any glasses.
Please please please come on come on come on let me have my glasses! If I don't have my glasses bad things will happen, very very very bad things. At best I'll walk into a tree or something.
Finding a pair of glasses, Corn hastily stuck them on her face, realizing in the process what an odd face it was. Looking down, she realized that this was really really not her body. It was covered in fur, for one thing, and it was wearing clothes she'd never seen before, and- A tail. A big, bushy, squirrely tail.

The rest of the dream hit her. Martin had been talking about how she and others (Her friends? Yeah, yeah, definitely her friends. What friends, though?) were needed and had to help . . . . People. He'd been very vague about that.
"You've got to be joking."

At least Mossflower was a pretty forest.

Dannflower Reguba

Dann smacked the branch next to him as soon as he gained consciousness. Weird, he couldn't recall changing his phone alarm to bird songs, and mattresses didn't generally feel this hard in his experience. He leaned over to check for his phone, but was disappointed by a view of the forest floor roughly fifteen feet below. Squinting for a second, he jumped suddenly as the realization of his position set in. Heavy breathing drowned out the other sounds, his paws gripping the limb with a force that wasn't familiar... "Paws?" He couldn't look down, but he could feel the difference in his body, the ears, the back, and that thing extending behind himself that contained muscles he was entirely unfamiliar with.

Leaves showered the forest floor as Dann jumped from his branch to one a bit lower, grabbing the side of the tree and sliding down the rest of the way. He had taken stock of what his body had, and forced himself to be at peace with it for the moment, though the tail was getting on his nerves. He looked around the forest floor, it was quite scenic to be sure, but he was more concerned with identifying the unfamiliar voices he had heard just before leaving the tree. Someone, or a few someones, were close, and that was his best chance of figuring out what in the world was happening.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

So, he was In Redwall!
  Skarzs stood up, testing his new body. His legs felt a little strange to stand with, and his long heavy tail acted almost as a balancing weight. But after squatting down and jumping a few times, he found himself to be no worse off for the change. It seemed he was a cougar. He smiled at that.
  His mind was still reeling a little bit, so Skarzs decided to walk a little ways to gain some more sense of himself and his surroundings.
  He was in a forest, its old-growth trees standing tall and strong above him with all their bountiful leaves. He had always wondered what the forest in Mossflower would be like; he was so used to hills and pine and fir trees. He wasn't sure what time of day it was, but he guessed the season was summertime.
  The cougar felt the trunk of an oak tree. It was solid, and rough. There was no doubt it was real. But he still could hardly believe it.
  Skarzs looked up to see a female ferret sitting on the ground. He immediately froze, wondering what he should do. She was small, but if this was the Redwall world, would a ferret be hostile? She didn't look armed, and seemed confused. He raised his voice. "Hello?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Hello?" someone called.  Jukka quickly scrambled to her feet again and looked around until her eyes settled on a figure peering at her.  He looked like... a cougar?  Was he dangerous?  Or... what if he was one of the friends Martin had mentioned?

"Um, hello?" she said nervously, staying where she was.  Man, it was strange to see an actual anthropomorphic animal in real life.  She didn't think she'd ever be able to get used to it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

"What are you doing here?" Skarzs asked in what he hoped was a pleasant voice. "You look confused."
  He took a small step forward so he could watch her a little more easily.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Um, yeah... I kinda am."  She paused a second, then blurted out, "Okay, are you one of the 'friends' Martin mentioned?  Martin the Warrior."

Cornflower MM

After experimentally shaking out her limbs and rolling her head around, Corn figured she had the hang of being a squirrel. She stood up too fast and staggered, crashing into a tree. "Ow!" She yelped, glaring at the offending ash as she rubbed her shoulder. "That was rude." She scolded it.

After her vision settled, she looked around, attempting to see if there were any clues as to which way she should go. "Of course not, couldn't make it easy and plop me in front of Redwall, could you?" She grumbled, before tilting her head. It didn't help her hearing in the slightest, but it was an old habit. "I hear voices... That way." I really need to stop talking to myself before someone hears me and thinks I'm crazy. Well. I'm already crazy, but crazier than I am. Or appear to be. Corn mused, setting off in the direction of the voices.

The Skarzs

Skarzs drew his head back in surprise. This ferret wasn't the stereotypical vermin from the books.
  "I-I. . . Maybe?" he said unsuredly. "How do you know about Martin the Warrior? I. . . had a dream with him in it."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka's eyes widened in surprise.  A good part of her hadn't really expected this guy to be one of the people she was supposed to find - she'd just asked to cover all her bases, and relief flooded through her now as she realized that this guy was a) not dangerous, and b) endorsed by Martin.  "Really?  I... I had a dream with him too.  Just now.  I woke up here a few minutes ago.  I'm... not from around here."

The Skarzs

"That's strange. . ." Skarzs said. Was this just coincidence? Maybe she was one of the people he needed to find. On an impulse, he asked, "What's your name? I'm. . . Skarzs." It wasn't his real name. But it felt like it was right.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka's jaw dropped.  A cougar named Skarzs?!  "What.  WHAT.  Skarzs?  From the forum?  I'm Jukka!  Oh my word, I can't believe this is happening!"

The Skarzs

Now it was Skarzs's turn for his own jaw to drop. "Jukka!" he cried. "Jukka the Sling?" He stepped closer to her. "Are you serious? We're both here? In Redwall? Mossflower?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn had wandered through the trees for a few minutes, listening to the voices. When she got close enough to figure out what they were saying, she stopped.
-"both here? In Redwall? Mossflower?"
It was a male voice speaking, and it appeared he didn't know much about the area either. She tried sneaking forward to see who was there, but stepped on a twig that broke with a CRACK! Corn jumped, scaring herself, and almost fell over with a loud "Ack!". (She still wasn't used to the tail, okay? It threw her center way off.) Oh yeah real stealthy, totally didn't blow your cover, She thought, slightly panicking and looking around for a place to hide.