News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Jukka laughed slightly in response to Corn, not sure how else to respond.  She focused for a moment on navigating the somewhat-tangled underbrush, her head down.  When she raised it again, something caught her eye, and she slowed down and peered into the trees ahead.  Was it her imagination, or was there a clearing coming up?  She hoped it was the path.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

After brushing away some troublesome branches, Skarzs looked back, and saw Jukka slow and look through the trees. He turned and searched for what she was seeing. "What's up?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Oh, I thought there was a clearing up ahead.  Not sure."  She continued peering ahead.  "It looks like the trees might be clearing out.  Hopefully it's the road."  She began walking again.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

"That'd be convenient," mumbled Skarzs, moving forward. Jukka was right, though: the trees were thinning out. The cougar looked up as the sky opened up above them through the sparse branches. He picked his way over some thick undergrowth, then leaped the last few feet and landed on the path. "Ha-hah!" he cried. "Check it out."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka stumbled through some more undergrowth, finally stepped onto the path, and then looked north and south.

OOC:  Not sure how close we're supposed to be to Redwall, so I don't want to get too specific.

Dannflower Reguba

"Given that scenery is composed of inanimate objects, it's ability to attempt harm you at all impresses me, just sayin'," Dann and his smirk were quite intentionally placed just out of Corn's reach, though he already had one hand on his tail just in case, and he had made careful note of where the path was located.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Corn looked over in time to see the smirk, "Hey!" She reached out to swat playfully at his shoulder, miraculously not overbalancing. When she missed, she narrowed her eyes at Dann. Should I, or should I not? Corn wondered briefly before internally shrugging and making as if to chase the other squirrel. "Just 'cause the trees aren't jumpin' out at your face doesn't mean they aren't getting in my way!"

Dannflower Reguba

Dann snickered, "I've mentally prepared myself to avoid getting panned for years, one of the first things I did when I figured out who you were was to determine your effective range." As soon as Corn changed position he was off, sprinting the few yards to the path. Just before he arrived, he released his tail to scramble up a tree right beside the path, albeit somewhat lacking in grace.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

"Heeeyyyyyyyy! No fair!" Corn cried with a grin, reaching the tree a few moments after Dann. "If I wasn't scared of heights or falling and breaking my skull open I'd so be climbing up there. You get a break this time." She threatened, playfully pointing her finger up the tree as she attempted a fierce glare.

The Skarzs

"Are you two done playing around?" called Skarzs from the path. "Come on, I want to see if we can get to Redwall today.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn scowled at the tree in front of her face before turning, "Alright, alright, spoilsport, we're coming. Which direction are we going?" She directed the question more at the group as a whole, hoping that it wouldn't take too long to come to a decision.

OOC: I'm taking the "I don't want to see" as a typo, lol

Jukka the Sling

Jukka glanced up and down the road again.  "North?" she suggested.

The Skarzs

Skarzs rubbed his lower lip thoughtfully. He didn't want to go the wrong way.  "I'm trying to remember the maps," he said, staring up at the sky as if it would help him form the picture of the map in his mind. None of the maps were the same.
  Finally, he shrugged. "It's a fifty-fifty chance that we go the right way. North sounds good."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"I mean, a lot of the books implied the Abbey could be seen from far off. We can always turn around, if we need to." Corn said. The squirrel was glancing up and down the path again when she had a bit of a light bulb moment, "I don't suppose we'd be close enough to Redwall for it to be supposed from, say, up a tree?" Corn looked up the tree she was leaning against to Dann, seeing as he hadn't come down yet, with a questioning expression.

The Skarzs

"Do you see anything, Dan?" called Skarzs from the road. "Maybe you could climb higher."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.