News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Redwall Talk Show

Started by Jarky Thistlebrush, August 20, 2019, 08:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarky Thistlebrush

The stage at Afterlife Salamandastron was empty, and the audience, consisting of all the characters in the Redwall series. They watched and waited with baited breath as the first participant, Splitnose, swaggered onto stage.
"Hello, me ole' muckers! Terday I will be on stage wi' me mukker..."
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Jack the Quick

Romsca ran onstage and took a bow.
"Oi thar, me 'earties. 'S Romsca!" Romsca said amidst the cheers of the characters.
"Splitnose! So good teh see ye! I 'aven't seen ye since the time 'o yer rebirth! Are we gonna begin, 'r what??"
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Splitnose smiled, showing his gap-toothed grin.

"Sure we can, me ole' friend!"
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Jack the Quick

"Right! So, ow're weh doin' dis? Am ah askin' ye qustions, are ye arskin' meh questions or are weh jus' talkin'?

Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

The curtain behind the pair parted, revealing a large badger. He tilted his head in acknowledgement of Splitnose and Romsca.
"Hello, you two. Tonight is a special celebration of the fact that I have permitted vermin to take part in the Afterlife Talk Show." the vermin in the audience cheered. The badger cleared his throat loudly.
"My name is Brocktree, Lord of this mountain, and I will be hosting this event. Now, Splitnose, Romsca, how do you feel about your respective vermin Warlords, Tsarmina Greeneyes and Ublaz Mad Eyes?"

Jack the Quick

Romsca rubbed his hands together nervously. "Well, ye see, Ublaz was--ain't-- half bad. Sure, 'e made some not too great decisions, but 'e wasn't a bad guy. Naow, 'is Moniter general on da oder paw... Naow 'e was a bad beastie."

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

Denya strolled into the studio, "I am not late am I Brock?"

Jarky Thistlebrush

The badger chuckled, holding his paw out to his old friend.
"Certainly not! Now, these two were just talking about their vermin generals. I don't suppose you'd like to tell us a bit about Sawney Rath?

Tungro

Denya stroked his chin thoughtfully, "He was a suborn and cruel creature, but he never did anything against me and always encouraged me. In the back of my mind something tells me there was more to him than most people thought."

Jarky Thistlebrush

Lord Brocktree nodded thoughtfully.
"Maybe we could get him up on stage someday."

Tungro

Denya nodded in agreement, "Might be nice to catch up, I hate to admit it, but we have be avoiding each other ever since I arrived. And with good reason"

Jarky Thistlebrush

Brocktree turned his gaze to Splitnose and Romsca.
"What about you two? Have anything to say about your bosses?"

Luftwaffles

*Cluny bursts on stage, kicking furniture and toppling stuff over as he makes his way to the center of the frame*.

"Well, well... whatever have we here? Who among you was foolish enough to try to hide this thing from the Scourge himself?!"

*Cluny takes a seat on the couch nearest to the host*.

"I believe that the... topic of discussion has suddenly changed. A favorable change for sure. And I'm sure that your audience is really going to enjoy learning all about me, wouldn't you agree?" *With a swift movement, Cluny sinks several inches of his sword on the desk immediately next to the nervous host*.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Lord Brocktree reflected that his age had not in any way improved either his mental or physical health. The old badger wearily offered a slice of pizza to the giant rat.
"This is the afterlife, Mr. I can't die again.  Care for a slice of pizza? It's meat lover's."

Splitnose squealed and ran behind a curtain, screeching. He trembled slightly, whipping a butter knife from his belt and holding it out defensively in his shaking paws.

Verdauga

With a dull boom the door leading to the stage slammed shut. A hulking, weary wildcat strode to the stage and took a seat directly across the desk from Lord Brocktree.
"I heard you were suddenly allowing folk like me in." Verdauga said, dismissing the idea of an invitation. "Well, do I get pizza too, or is it only offered to rats with delusions of grandeur?"
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)