News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Legend of the Labyrinth

Started by Verdauga, November 19, 2019, 01:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Brink raised his eyebrow. Shrews, he scoffed inwardly. Such bristly beasts. Dipping his head in a bow, he led the way to one of the walls a ways from the rest of the group. The hedgehog peered at the deep, massive cracks in the wall, moving the torch in his paw closer to inspect one. As he did, he said aloud, "So... Wanderer, eh? Any reason why you don't have a proper name?" He inwardly winced. He was a blunt beast, straight to the point, but he might've overdid it.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

This time, she was unable to refrain from sarcastic comments. "What makes you think I'd share said reason, if there was one? My name is not your business, nor will it ever be. So stop interfering in it."
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Sebias of Redwall

"Relax, friend. If you don't want to tell me, then there is no need to. However, you must remember, we must all trust each other if we wish to survive down here." Brink's eyes narrowed. "But it's hard to trust a beast when you know so little about them. Especially one who won't even give us her real name."

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

"And again you call me friend, when we are clearly not. Associates, at most. Perhaps you could stretch it to travelling companions, if you had to insist. But not friends." She paused, for a fleeting moment wondering whether it would be easier just to say her name and be done with it, and escape as soon as she could, but dismissed it instantly. She'd had her reasons for not telling them, however much the interfering hedgehog and the others might resent it. "Few have had the privilege of knowing me well enough to call me 'friend'."

Sebias of Redwall

Brink sighed and shrugged. This wasn't worth it. "Fine," he said. "Keep your secrets." He tried pushing his way through one of the cracks, to see if it would widen out into a passage, when he found that he couldn't. He was too big. Stepping back, he looked at the shrew. "Care to go first, ...Wanderer?"

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

If he wasn't going to continue the argument, she saw no reason to argue, or debate, further. At least not at that moment in time. "Perhaps it would be better if we waited for the others?" She phrased it as a question, though it was obviously not one.

Sebias of Redwall

Brink grunted. "Fine." He scratched his ear. "Might as well go back anyway. Come on." As the two creatures walked back toward the group, the hedgehog blinked a few times, glancing around. "Are we missing somebeast?"

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Ara rolled his eyes as his help argued, but when Brink brought attention to somebeast missing, he frowned and marhed a circuit around the small cavern. He noticed a few large cracks in the walls, including that they could fit through. However, as Ara peered into it, he determined it was too short to lead anywhere. Marching further, he followed the stream to the tunnel it took. There were visible tool marks opening it wide enough for single-file marching, and too low for the bats to fly.
Algirdas was missing, Chycer realized. With no other route, he would have taken the stream tunnel. Turning back to the group, he asked, "Does anybeast know where Algirdas went? Dantin? Waiata? Pekepeke?"

OOC: his patrol took like twenty steps. It's a small cavern.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Skarzs

"I'm right here," said Algirdas, stepping into view. He folded his arms. "What's your plan, Chycer?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

Waiata put her paws to her ears to block the sound of the two arguing beasts. They weren't overly loud, but the cavern was small and shaped so that sound carried, plus she had typically sharp hearing. The bat gave a sigh of relief when the argument ended, smiling wryly at Pekepeke.
  "See, Pek, daylight isn't good for a beast, a beast. It makes them grumpy and irritable, irritable."
  The bat turned her attention to the rest of the group, quickly picking out who was missing and drawing breath to ask where he was. Chycer bet her to it and the bat closed her mouth, studying Algirdas' challenging posture warily, anticipating another argument between the two.
  Daylight definitely isn't good for a beast. the young bat thought with another long sigh.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

"The plan is to get to the treasure room," Ara replied. "From there, we'll just have to take down that monster. After we do that, we'll be free to find an exit, and I think I know where it will be. Follow me, chaps."
So saying, Chycer turned and walked downd the tunnel, lowering his torch to keep it from the low ceiling. his frame blotted out most of the light, casting the cavern into afterglow.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Skarzs

"'Take down that monster,' at you crazy?" Algirdas said with a scowl. "You saw that thing. There's not a snowflake's chance in hellsgates we can 'take it down'. If that's your plan, you're a deadbeast, and I won't have any part of it." The squirrel looked at the others. "If any of you wanna go with this mad hare, fine, but if you want to breathe free air again and live to a ripe old age, let him go off on his fool's errand alone and come with me."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Verdauga

Chycer sighed. "And how do you propose we leave, Torunis? Skulking around corners, waiting for it to lunge at you, and hoping for more relief caves? Your "method" is suicidal. Perhaps you would do well to learn of my plan before dismissing it as mad. Come on, follow me."

Sebias of Redwall

Brink readied his club and stood behind Chycer. If his employer was threatened, the hedgehog would be prepared to defend him. "Yeah, what's your brilliant plan?" he scoffed, narrowing his eyes at Algirdas.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Pekepeke tried to return to her sister's wry smile, but it was a shaky attempt. The bat could still feel her heart pounding so hard it hurt, as if it wanted to break through her rib cage. She gripped Waiata's paw and whispered softly to her.
  "I want to go home, Waiata, Waiata. I want to see our family again."

(OOC: Sorry all my posts are so short.  :-\)
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.