News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Winter to Freeze Your Heart part 2

Started by Unimaginative, February 10, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Vatra drew martins sword and cut a rope and the swinging stone dropped to the ground. She then ran over to the upside down squirrel. "Hold still and I'll lower you down," She said and she went over to another rope hidden by a tree.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

rachel25

Zanga was nearing the Abbey. He had managed to avoid any more traps, and could see the Abbey just ahead. He looked around for a tree he could climb, to plan his route in. He now wished he brought a grapple hook, getting inside was gonna be difficult.

Cornflower MM

Bryant fell on his head, then he stood up, "Thanks Vatra. Good luck with your other plans." He said, then started walking away./
--------------------
Arya ad just drawn one of the ropes for her plan, when Vatra ran past. She sighed and followed her. Something HAD to be up. She got outside in time to see Bryant fall on his head, say something Vatra, and start walking off. She ran after him,k hoping that she could there before Vatra did. Walking away from Vatra like usually ended with one of Vatra's slip-ups. Which meant NOT GOOD!

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Wow..... the impatience is strong in this RP.  ::) Little bit of Autoing here to keep the RP moving. BIC:

Ervoyce had found a few of his buddies, and had asked the abbess about the location of a few others. She had told him about the strange happenings and he had promptly headed out in that direction. The dark squirrel was now in the forest, out of Bryant's sight. He motioned for Vatra to give him some space, then made a gesture at the approaching Arya as if to say, "Don't let her come." Ervoyce proceeded to get ahead of Bryant, waiting until he was out of hearing range and sight-line of the others.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

rachel25

Zanga had found a tree, an old oak. He had been able to climb to well enough, even though he had fallen a few times. But now, he was up on a branch, level with the Abbey walls. Zanga now knew he wouldn't need a grapple hook. The branches hadn't been trimmed in a while, and he could just crawl along one, then jump for the Abbey wall. It would be difficult, painful, and might result in death, and failure. But Zanga didn't really focus on those things, he just thought about slaying the fox. 

Cornflower MM

OOC: Autoing....? And please do remember that "Abbess" is spelled with a capital A. It bugs me.

BIC: Russina shook her head, all the hustle and bustle with those squirrels was beyond her. She went off to her room for a nap then, and when she reached her room she fell asleep almost instantly.
--------------------
Arya saw Vatra coming toward her and sighed. At least Vatra wouldn't blow up. She hoped.
-----------------------
Bryant was muttering to himself sadly. He was always going to scare the little one, plain and simple. But that didn't make him feel any better, so he'd decided to go back to the Shore. At least there there quite so many others, and he knew the ways of the dunes better than the ways of the forest. He slapped a branch and it swung away from him, but then swung back and hit im in the face. Then he tripped on a rock. Things just weren't working his way. In the dunes, there was no branches that slapped you in the face, and there wasn't any rocks to trip you up either. And it was easier to see out there in the sand. AND someone could be lurking byhind every tree, waiting to hurt you. As if to prove his point, he then sasw a shadow in the shape of a squirrel. He shook his head and muttered, "I'm seeing things."

Dannflower Reguba

"So you're giving up? Just like that?" Ervoyce's voice cut the stilled silence of the forest . As he looked up, his eyes blazed through the foliage. Visible, even through the shaded canopy. As the squirrel dropped in front of Bryant, he continued to speak, "Is this always how you do things? They don't work out the first time and you leave?" Ervoyce recognized a gargantuan difference between Vatra and Bryant's needs, Vatra needed someone to trust her and give her their loyalty to prove that she was worth trusting. She needed a friend. Bryant was different, sure he needed a friend too, but what he needed more.... Was a challenge, "It's hard to change the mindset of others if you retreat at the sound of an arrow." He came in close and stared deep into Bryants eyes, as if he were digging for his very soul, "So what are you Bryant? A vermin who runs at the slightest hint of danger, or a white squirrel that's willing to fight, not necessarily the fight for blood, but certainly the fight for acceptance... Which will it be Bryant?"

OOC: Autoing = PPing, but it's generally for an intended purpose along the lines of plot movement.

Bryant's a weird case, I'm playing a dangerous game of double or nothing here.  :P

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

OOC: Ah. And new characters = New problems. And Bryant isn't really broken in yet.

BIC: Bryant jumped, "Hey! Don't sneak up on me like that! And I see what you're doing. It won't work. It's been tried, by others I knew far longer than you. Not going to work." He told Ervoyce, his jaw set. "I don't exactly like being the one who frightens the little ones and gets laughed at. Now, if you'll excuse me." He started to walk on, back towards the direction of the shore. Or so he thought. "Oh, and by the way? Everyone has a weak spot or two. If you want me to stay, the only thing you have to do is find my other one. No one's figured it out yet, and no one will. Good-Bye!"

Faiyloe

"I think Bryant needs some time alone," Vatra said.

OOC: Try the "do it for the girl" approach  ;)

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: I'd prefer to not use that.  ::) BIC:

"There are things far worse than dibbun's confusing ones self for a ghost, far worse than getting laughed at, worse then taking a knife to the gut, or an arrow to the chest, worse then getting poisoned or sick, worse then being strangled or drowned, worse then being forgotten on purpose or by accident. You're choosing to walk away from the best chance you're EVER going to have at a real life. Are you going to walk away because you got laughed at again? Or had some easily frightened dibbun cry?" As Bryant moved off, Ervoyce followed, "Oh and another thing," Catching up he finished, "This is not good-bye, because I never give up on a beast in need, that was me once, that was Vatra just this past winter, now it's you, and if I have to follow you to kingdom come or drag you back to camp, so be it! Because I'm not letting you out of my presence until you've had your turn at overcoming your worst enemy... You.......... Stop defeating yourself Bryant."

Faiyloe

OOC: I figured.  ;D

Vatra looked off where Bryant and Ervoyce had gone and she wished that she could do something but she knew that Ervoyce had it all under control. She would just make it worse. 

Cornflower MM

"Well, I hope we see them again. Because Bryant NEVER comes back to a place he's already been unless by force, or he has no choice. If Ervoyce follows him, it's Bye-Bye! Hopefully not." Arya said, gazing over where they disappeared too. She sighed, then said, "Well, there's no use waiting for them here. How about I show you my plan? I need some distraction, or I'm going to go crazy waiting."
------------------------------
Bryant groaned. "Just. Leave. Me. Alone. Okay? Is it really so bad that I want some alone time? Some ME time?" Bryant said, then tripped over a tree branch and hit his head hard on a rock and blacked out.

Faiyloe

Vatra looked off in the direction Bryant had gone. "He will be back," She said "I know he will." But deep down inside she she was unsure. She just hoped that Ervoyce came back. She didn't know what she would do without him. She fallowed Arya back to the tree and She began to feel tinges of loneliness as she realized how much she relied on him.

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce rolled his eyes and replied, knowing that Bryant wouldn't hear, "You've had too much alone time my friend, and you're not getting anymore until you've proven that you can live with others." He picked Bryant up and made his way back to the tree quickly, there were more important thing to be done. Sighing, the squirrel couldn't help but wonder what was to be done about the ghost.