News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Sable Quean (Charater discussion)

Started by Redwall Musician, August 16, 2011, 06:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

Axtel was great - now if only I could see a mole as an abbot/abbess, my life would be complete. *whistful sigh*

I'm never quite sure what I think of Buckler, but right now I really like him. His situation was an interesting one, and it spoke volumes about the culture behind the hares at Salamandastron. Fascinating.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

winifred

Quote from: Redwall Musician on August 16, 2011, 06:41:30 PM
I have a little question, and I was wondering if anyone could help. Vilaya is called the sable quean, but her name is not spelled like queen (Quean not queen). Why is this?

Please excuse me if I make no sense, or if this is a weird question.

And if you have anything else to say about the sable queen, feel free to post is here.
when I read the book I wondered the same thing I looked it up in the dictionaryit says:bold,impudentgirl or woman;hussy(a bad mannered or pert girl 2. a worthless woman! that pretty much summons up vilaya :P
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Zwilt the Shade

My fav character in the Sable Quean was Zwilt. I was angry when The SQ was alive after Zwilt almost killed her. >:( I also liked Buckler. And Vilaya took my signature weapon, a poisoned dagger!  D:<

Flandor

I know this is dredging up an old topic but I just reread Sable Quean and wanted to comment.

Flib is awesome.

I loved her character this time around.  She reminds me of an even more awesome Storm Gullwhacker.  She's fearless, and when she defends the two dibbuns from Thwip and his mate, stabbing one of them, I thought it was really brave and a nice change from young ones who can't defend themselves.  I also thought it was funny that she insisted on being called Flib.  It fit her personality perfectly.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Tiria Wildlough

I didn't like Flib. She is just too forceful.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

redwallgurl

Flib is awesome she has a strong spirit and is determined to do anything her way like a wanderer or warrior
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Tiria Wildlough

Flib was just a mix of Spingo, Mariel, and some unknown horrifying character.
I'm not a hipster.

redwallgurl

true  ;D and diggs is pretty funny always liking food and such
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Tiria Wildlough

It was hilarious when he thought he was Colonel Crockley Sputherington. :D :D
I'm not a hipster.

Bragoon

At first, like Buckler, I would have sworn Diggs was pulling Buckler's leg with the Colonel thing.  I think Mr. Jacques executed that scene particularly well.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Ferdy and Coggs

I was disappointed how The Sable Quean didn't have a big riddle in the story like every other book (not including the Rogue Crew 'cause I just started it.)
however, lack of boring characters practically made up for it. I wonder why he didn't use warrior moles before?
"We all have our thing, it's just what we do."

Favorite Redwall Book -- Mossflower
Currently Reading -- The Rogue Crew
Ferdy and Coggs -- Best Characters Yet

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on February 12, 2012, 02:59:39 AM

What's wrong with Spingo? Doomwyte is my favorite book.
Quote from: winifred on October 14, 2011, 06:14:48 AM
Quote from: Redwall Musician on August 16, 2011, 06:41:30 PM
I have a little question, and I was wondering if anyone could help. Vilaya is called the sable quean, but her name is not spelled like queen (Quean not queen). Why is this?

Please excuse me if I make no sense, or if this is a weird question.

And if you have anything else to say about the sable queen, feel free to post is here.
when I read the book I wondered the same thing I looked it up in the dictionary it says:bold,impudentgirl or woman;hussy(a bad mannered or pert girl 2. a worthless woman! that pretty much summons up vilaya :P

um yes I read "Quean" in another book that I am reading called Kim and your def. fits there too. It is a very hard book to read (by Rudyard Kipling) but I am used to a harder read, I read a lot of Jules Verne books.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tannsrall

I liked flib after a couple of chapters after meeting her, not so much in the beginning. I found it very funny when Digg's thought he was another beast (name?), I laughed even harder when  Dymphnia Witherspyk told of when Oakheart Witherspike had the same thing hppen to him and how he thought he was a owl.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 01, 2012, 01:48:20 PM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on February 12, 2012, 02:59:39 AM

What's wrong with Spingo? Doomwyte is my favorite book.
Nothing, it's just that Flib seems to have all of Spingo's bad traits. ::)
I'm not a hipster.

GeminyaTome

What kind of animal is Vilaya??????? My little eight year old friends have been asking me what kind of animal she is!! They see the picture and ask who Buckler is, and what kind of animal is he, and who the Sable Quean is and what kind of animal who she is. All I can tell them is that she is a bad person....
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4