News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 25, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Twisty paled, catching a sob in his breath.
"Rowan, 'Acklaw's gonna kill us! Don't let 'im up 'ere, y'can't...w-wait..."

Panic-stricken, the rat slammed the door shut and attempted to lock it.
"Make me look like one o' yous."

Cornflower MM

"Twisty! Calm down, it's okay. He'll never make it past the front gates, I promise you." Rowan soothed in between bites of scone. "Make you look like one of us? I could try, I suppose, but you're a rat, not a woodlander. . . And your paw is recognizable. Here, come sit and have some breakfast."

Ashleg

Shaking, Twisty made his way over to the chair and took his place beside Rowan. He didn't mention how he had eaten earlier, or that he had indulged on the chestnuts whilst she was gone.
"Hacklaw's not one to just see closed gates an' leave," he murmured, picking nervously at a scone. "He wants us dead an' that's 'ow he'll have us's; dead. After he has his fun first, o'course." The rat rubbed his eyes. "Aargh, why did I ever 'ave t' be friends with cursed Darrin?!"

The Skarzs

OOC: Wow, you guys are going to town on this. :P I will post soon; I haven't had much chance to post while I'm working, and there's a few things that need to be done at home before I have some decent time.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

OOC-
I like this town. This is a good town.

Cornflower MM

"We've repelled greater threats than Hacklaw before. It'll be alright, you'll see." Rowan felt almost like she was comforting one of the Dibbuns, although they rarely came to her for comforting.

Ashleg

"Yer not gonna fight a full out war jus' to protect stupid vermin like us," Twisty snapped. "Once they start killin' yer friends yore precious Abbot'll be more than happy t' send us out."

Cornflower MM

"Twisty!" Rowan cried, shocked. "No, that would never happen. We've given you refuge and that's the way it will stay."  She said firmly, heaping cream onto a scone and taking a bite.

Ashleg

Twisty laughed coldly and tossed his scone behind him, reaching for the glass of cordial that was on the tray.
"Sure. It's a matter of time."

Cornflower MM

"No, it isn't. And hey, that's mine!" Rowan cried, slapping his paw away and taking her cordial. "You get the strawberry fizz. I've never really liekd the stuff." She pushed the beaker of fizz towards Twisty. "Seriously, the Abbot would never kick you out and give you to Hacklaw."

Ashleg

Twisty made mocking faces off to the side as Rowan spoke.
"Blah blah, he'd ne'er in a million years--fine!"
The rat grabbed the beaker in his claws and slugged its contents messily.

Cornflower MM

Rowan wrinkled her nose at Twisty's table manners, "You'll give yourself hiccups like that. And no, he wouldn't. Elijah might, but not the Abbot."

Ashleg

The rat let his eyes roll.
He tossed the empty beaker over his shoulder and tilted back in his chair, leaning up against the sandstone wall.
"Somebeast, then. Hic..."

Cornflower MM

Rowan smiled smugly. "But Elijah can't do a thing like that without the Abbot's approval. Now, shall we go back to your paw?" She stood up and started rummaging through the cabinets again.

Ashleg

"If ye want," Twisty grunted, scratching behind his ears before pulling the glove off.
"How 'bout Raleigh? Would she?"