News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

plugg firetail nicest vermin captain??

Started by eualaia, January 20, 2012, 10:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

was he

yes
6 (35.3%)
no
5 (29.4%)
maybe
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Bragoon

Nicest to who, his crew or the good guys?  Or both together?

I think I'll have to abstain, because I can't remember all the things Tramun Clogg did. 
I'm leaning towards yes, but then again none of them are really "nice", so it's still hard to judge. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

eualaia

Melody

nice guy, I liked him. too bad he had to die.

eualaia

Melody

I'm saying a yes/no to that, yes he would've been a good woodlander but he was one cool villian! ;D

eualaia

thats true now i wish he wasnt killed cause if he was a woodlander he could guard the main path to redwall

Skipper

well i guess he was a nice captin, to his crew of course

Melody

eualaia

Romsca

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WoodenSpoon

While I can't speak of other captains, I recently reread Triss, and Pluggs first line was about how useless his crew was. He then proceeded to boot them around, and in the next scene, he took a dagger to one of them for getting at his grog. More kicks, threats, and insults followed throughout the book. I suspect we would see more, if he wasn't so busy insulting Kurda. 

To his credit, he never killed one of his crew, and he did fight alongside them. I think the most remarkable thing about Plugg is how loyal his crew was, which seemed more to their credit then his. Admittedly, he must've done something to earn that respect, but I wouldn't say he was very nice to them. 

Romsca, to my knowledge, was never seen kicking her crew around, so she currently holds my vote for nicest captain. Of course, I don't think we saw as much of her as we did Plugg...

Kind of a side note, but it seems to me that freebooters and corsairs generally get along better with their crews then other vermin leaders do with their hordes and gangs. Sure, they shove a cutlass to their throat  now and again, but they seem more inclined to joke and hang out with their underlings.

clunylooney

Quote from: WoodenSpoon on January 03, 2013, 10:06:28 PM
   While I can't speak of other captains, I recently reread Triss, and Pluggs first line was about how useless his crew was. He then proceeded to boot them around, and in the next scene, he took a dagger to one of them for getting at his grog. More kicks, threats, and insults followed throughout the book. I suspect we would see more, if he wasn't so busy insulting Kurda. 

To his credit, he never killed one of his crew, and he did fight alongside them. I think the most remarkable thing about Plugg is how loyal his crew was, which seemed more to their credit then his. Admittedly, he must've done something to earn that respect, but I wouldn't say he was very nice to them.

Romsca, to my knowledge, was never seen kicking her crew around, so she currently holds my vote for nicest captain. Of course, I don't think we saw as much of her as we did Plugg...

Kind of a side note, but it seems to me that freebooters and corsairs generally get along better with their crews then other vermin leaders do with their hordes and gangs. Sure, they shove a cutlass to their throat  now and again, but they seem more inclined to joke and hang out with their underlings.
I just read that chapter with Plugg where he kicks his crew members. I am reading Triss right now and I actually really like it. Almost done with book 1 but back on topic. So far I don't think he is the nicest but hey, I haven't read the entire book yet.

P.S. 100TH POST!
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me