News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Bernard Bread

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 06, 2015, 11:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Bernard Bread

-1 package of active dry yeast
-1/4 cup of warm water
-2 large beaten egg
-2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
-2 1/2 cups of flour
-3 tablespoons of leeks
-1 teaspoon of sage
-2 teaspoons of rosemary
-8 bay leaves
-1 cubed turnip
-3 tablespoons of beetroot
-5 tablespoons of onions
-2 tablespoons each of six different kinds of mushrooms
-1 cup of cabbage, cut
-2 tablespoons of fennel
-2 tablespoons of cucumber
-4 tablespoons of corn
-2 teaspoons of pepper
-1 cup of cream gravy

Dissolve the yeast and water in a large bowl. Wait about 7 minutes. Next, add the egg, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Very carefully, add in all the other ingredients except the flour. Then, add the flour and stir. Cover for 1-1/2 hours with a cloth.

Prepare a pan. Grease it. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the batter to the pan, and let it stand for 35 minutes. Then put it in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.

When halfway through, brush top of the loaf with a beaten egg and some flour. Push it back in the oven and continue the baking.

This is actually a simple version of Bernard Bread. It should actually be a little smaller than a grown badger, but none of us have ovens that big.

This recipe was contributed by Strawberri Redfur.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Demonin

Check my favourite banana bread recipe: https://bananabread.club/ Very tasty, easy to make and children love it so much! Enjoy)