News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Quickpaw OOC/ Sign up

Started by Jack the Quick, August 22, 2019, 06:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack the Quick

Well, here it is. This is an RP that I have created in collaboration with The Grey Coincidence, partially inspired by the Hunger Games. The idea is, several contestants (The exact amount has yet to be decided) have been kidnapped from their homes to participate in the Quickpaw, a fight to the death. An evil mouse, called Harlapple at birth, has renamed himself Jax the Impaler and has hired several Freebooter ships to kidnap the contestants. He will release them separately on an island, telling them they must fight to the death. In the meantime, he will be hunting them one by one with his small band of assorted vermin. The last one standing wins, or so he says. The RP will start right as everyone has been dropped off.
Because of the nature of this RP, the GM will be a big part of it. I will be the GM of this game, controlling the vermin hunters, minus Jax, and I will steer the plot. Your contestant can be a woodlander from Redwall, Southsward, the Northlands, Salamandastron, or an exotic island. If you would like your character to be from somewhere else, just ask me and I will tell you whether it works.
If you would like to be a vermin contestant, that's fine, just state clearly in the history why he is in the competition. They could have been kidnapped, thrown out of a band, whatever.
If you would like to have a character from the vermin hunters, we'll have to work something out. It's not preferable, but if you really want it, sure. Just PM me first.
For now, try to stick with one character, though later I might change that.
OK, I think that just about wraps that up. Enjoy!

Character Template

Character Template:
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Place of Origin(Redwall, Southsward, etc.):
History:
Skills:
Other (optional):
Note: Weapons will be found on the island as distributed by the GM, me.
[close]

Grey's Character 1

Name: Harlapple- at least that's the given name
He prefers Bloodspear or other similar, more brutal things
He also likes to be reffered to as 'his supreme majesty'
Personality: Harlapple is a cruel mouse, make no mistake. But hey, at least he doesn't pretend to be a nice guy, right? A complete sadist that likes all things bloody, gutty and gory. The only thing he doesn't fanticize about killing in some horrible, evil way, is his mother.
Skills: He is a competent tracker and talented in melee, but his greatest skill when it comes to hunting is his uncanny ability to set up deadly traps.
Backstory: I will reveal this in the RP... slowly... but surely... MUAHAHAHAHAH!
Appearance: Always scowling or glaring! Or smiling sadistically. When outside of his mother's grasp he dresses in rich silks and thick armour. While hunting he does not hesitate to cover himself in barkcloth and reeds to blend in. When in the company of his one sweet mother? She makes him wear an old knitted sweater. Bright yellow it is.
"Much more comfortable than armour darling!"
His fur is a darker brown. Despite his vicious lifestyle he has yet to show off any scars. His tail is a very bright shade of pink. He likes to muddy it up to seem less girly, but then his mother will make him wash up. So he's learned to embrace the pink... and hurt anyone that does not.
[close]

Grey's Character 2

Name: Hardpear
She likes the name.
She thinks all things should be named after fruits...
Personality: She is the epitome of loving mother... to the point that she still sees her sadistic son (and his violence isn't exactly a secret...) as her little sweetheart. ]
She tugs his cheeks and everything.
Harlapple would kill anyone else.
But because it's her he has to be all like 'mooooooooooom- I'm trying to be imposing here!'
Skills: She is an exceptionally good cook. She is also exceptionally good at getting her 'little munchkin' to eat all of his food.
Appearance: Stern-faced yet kindly and always armed with her trusty switch. Usually clad in a flowery apron and armed with a warm smile... and muffins... but those are for her son mind! Brown-furred, with a pink nose. Half her tail is missing though. Accident at sea.
[close]

Jarky's Character

Name: Koal Redtail
Species: Arctic Fox
Appearance: As his name suggests, Koal has an extremely unusual bright red tail. Aside from that, his fur is pure white and fluffy, hiding the lattice of pale scars that criss-cross his skin. Koal's build is tall and strong, with broad shoulders and rounded ears. He is usually garbed in a pale blue tunic and a black, fur-lined cloak.
Personality: Koal is quite mad. He is quick to anger and quick to fight. You must be careful what you say around him, as he can be happy one second, mad and raging the next.
Place of Origin: The Northlands
History: It is rumored that, as a young 'un, a band of wandering vermin captured him and killed both his parents. They captured Koal, and despite him being a vermin like themselves, he was enslaved and driven mad. One day, he broke out of the cage they had kept him in and slaughtered the vermin gang. Since then, he has wandered the globe, all vermin bands refusing to take him in. Until one day, he was kidnapped by Harlapple and his band of Freebooters, and his life changed forever...
Skills: Despite being mad, Koal is a very good shot with a bow and arrows and even a good swordsman.
[close]

MathLuk's character

Name: Brushbottom

Species: Fox

Appearance: Brushbottom is very thin and short for a fox, having been locked up for a third of his life. His orange fur has been maintained poorly, and was just growing after a recent shaving. His eyes are white and misty, and completely useless.

Personality: Having suffered from every single torture and indignity a vermin seer could, Brushbottom has almost lost all hope of a normal life. His seasons in captivity had rent the entirety of his mind into oblivion, and bred nothing but paranoia and despair. Brushbottom would do anything to live to (figuratively) see another day, though the thought of death seemed more comforting as days passed and the sun rose and fell.

Place of Origin: The Western Sea

History: The fox now known as Brushbottom was born on a corsair ship under a name lost to history, and to the fox's mind himself. Early in his youth, Brushbottom had been tested for a seer, and he was assigned to be trained under another one. Together, they would give omens to their captain as he went on to raid the Southsward coasts. However, this was not to last, as the entire corsair fleet was decimated in an ambush set by the Southards. The young fox was clapped in chains and dragged to Floret, where the king would have use of him. He was then locked in a dungeon for the next seven seasons, with barely enough food to sustain him and a few uncalled visits from the king for the purpose of divination., losing his identity, mind and his name along the way. Attempting an escape during his third season in Floret only resulted in his blinding, the red-hot poker having done its job well. Another four seasons passed before Brushbottom, as he was now known, breathed the free air again, for a very broad definition of 'free'. Soft pawsteps crept into the dogfox's cell, then a pair of rough paws grabbed him by the throat. Brushbottom did not resist as the world ceased to make sense. He would later awaken on a ship, to serve another woodlander in a far, far more nefarious manner.

Skills: He was born a seer, and would be very likely to die one as well, though this ability cannot be used effectively in combat. He also has a slightly better sense of hearing than most beasts due to his blindness, but that should be the limit of his abilities.
[close]

Sebias's Character

Name: Nardo Wavebattler

Species: otter

Appearance: Tall, broad-shouldered. Wears a kilt and carries a large black axe and a matching round wooden shield. Has a long scar running down his face.

Personality: An otter who likes to crack jokes. Can be cheerful at one second, and ready to whack somebeast's head off in the next. Thinks of himself as a born leader. (Wither that's true or not shall be seen...)

Place of Origin: The Green Isles

History: This young otter was born into the mighty Wavebattler Clan on an island known as The Green Isle. He trained under a hard weapon master (Who also happened to be his uncle) since he was little and learned the art of the battle-axe.. He got in trouble with some of the other locals on the island and decided that he would try life on the sea. His ship was destroyed in a storm, leaving him as the sole survivor in a lifeboat with barely no food or water. His boat finally was washed ashore on the western coast. Thinking that he was saved, he let his guard down and searched for food. A mistake that he would forever regret. His carelessness resulted in his capture, and he can only pray that he'll be able to return to his home alive one day.

Skills: Is a good fighter with or without weapons. Is capable of taking quite a beating. Can swim fast and far without tiring as easily as most.
[close]

One-eye's Character

Name: Halric Kalamanaut

Species: Wolverine

Appearance: Short for a wolverine, but still quite tall. Wears an iron helmet, a thick, heavy leather tunic, combat boots, and dark green pants. A pair of large karambit knives are attatched to his waist with a backup pair on his shoulders.

Personality: completely silent, except for a roar, and some growls. Completely mad, and will kill anything in his way.

History: No one knows exactly what happened,but during his time in the land of ice and snow, he managed to aqquire a kill count of over 700, survived a lethal injection twice, and ended up killing his family, and journeying to mossflower, where he became known as 'the woodland horror.'

Skills: Silent and deadly, good at any aspect of knife fighting, and is extremely hard to kill, due to his unwillingness to go down.
[close]
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

I'll join, have the character sheet soon

Jack the Quick

Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

I'm joining!

Name: Koal Redtail
Species: Arctic Fox
Appearance: As his name suggests, Koal has an extremely unusual bright red tail. Aside from that, his fur is pure white and fluffy, hiding the lattice of pale scars that criss-cross his skin. Koal's build is tall and strong, with broad shoulders and rounded ears. He is usually garbed in a pale blue tunic and a black, fur-lined cloak.
Personality: Koal is quite mad. He is quick to anger and quick to fight. You must be careful what you say around him, as he can be happy one second, mad and raging the next.
Place of Origin: The Northlands
History: It is rumored that, as a young 'un, a band of wandering vermin captured him and killed both his parents. They captured Koal, and despite him being a vermin like themselves, he was enslaved and driven mad. One day, he broke out of the cage they had kept him in and slaughtered the vermin gang. Since then, he has wandered the globe, all vermin bands refusing to take him in. Until one day, he was kidnapped by Harlapple and his band of Freebooters, and his life changed forever...
Skills: Despite being mad, Koal is a very good shot with a bow and arrows and even a good swordsman.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Jack the Quick

Accepted! It's nice to see two people joining already!

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

*Pokes head in* What is this? ...I think I shall join! Give me a while to make the sheet! :-)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

Name: Brushbottom

Species: Fox

Appearance: Brushbottom is very thin and short for a fox, having been locked up for a third of his life. His orange fur has been maintained poorly, and was just growing after a recent shaving. His eyes are white and misty, and completely useless.

Personality: Having suffered from every single torture and indignity a vermin seer could, Brushbottom has almost lost all hope of a normal life. His seasons in captivity had rent the entirety of his mind into oblivion, and bred nothing but paranoia and despair. Brushbottom would do anything to live to (figuratively) see another day, though the thought of death seemed more comforting as days passed and the sun rose and fell.

Place of Origin: The Western Sea

History: The fox now known as Brushbottom was born on a corsair ship under a name lost to history, and to the fox's mind himself. Early in his youth, Brushbottom had been tested for a seer, and he was assigned to be trained under another one. Together, they would give omens to their captain as he went on to raid the Southsward coasts. However, this was not to last, as the entire corsair fleet was decimated in an ambush set by the Southards. The young fox was clapped in chains and dragged to Floret, where the king would have use of him. He was then locked in a dungeon for the next seven seasons, with barely enough food to sustain him and a few uncalled visits from the king for the purpose of divination., losing his identity, mind and his name along the way. Attempting an escape during his third season in Floret only resulted in his blinding, the red-hot poker having done its job well. Another four seasons passed before Brushbottom, as he was now known, breathed the free air again, for a very broad definition of 'free'. Soft pawsteps crept into the dogfox's cell, then a pair of rough paws grabbed him by the throat. Brushbottom did not resist as the world ceased to make sense. He would later awaken on a ship, to serve another woodlander in a far, far more nefarious manner.

Skills: He was born a seer, and would be very likely to die one as well, though this ability cannot be used effectively in combat. He also has a slightly better sense of hearing than most beasts due to his blindness, but that should be the limit of his abilities.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Jack the Quick

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

Name: Nardo Wavebattler

Species: otter

Appearance: Tall, broad-shouldered. Wears a kilt and carries a large black axe and a matching round wooden shield. Has a long scar running down his face.

Personality: An otter who likes to crack jokes. Can be cheerful at one second, and ready to whack somebeast's head off in the next. Thinks of himself as a born leader. (Wither that's true or not shall be seen...)

Place of Origin: The Green Isles

History: This young otter was born into the mighty Wavebattler Clan on an island known as The Green Isle. He trained under a hard weapon master (Who also happened to be his uncle) since he was little and learned the art of the battle-axe.. He got in trouble with some of the other locals on the island and decided that he would try life on the sea. His ship was destroyed in a storm, leaving him as the sole survivor in a lifeboat with barely no food or water. His boat finally was washed ashore on the western coast. Thinking that he was saved, he let his guard down and searched for food. A mistake that he would forever regret. His carelessness resulted in his capture, and he can only pray that he'll be able to return to his home alive one day.

Skills: Is a good fighter with or without weapons. Is capable of taking quite a beating. Can swim fast and far without tiring as easily as most.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

Name: Halric Kalamanaut

Species: Wolverine

Appearance: Short for a wolverine, but still quite tall. Wears an iron helmet, a thick, heavy leather tunic, combat boots, and dark green pants. A pair of large karambit knives are attatched to his waist with a backup pair on his shoulders.

Personality: completely silent, except for a roar, and some growls. Completely mad, and will kill anything in his way.

History: No one knows exactly what happened,but during his time in the land of ice and snow, he managed to aqquire a kill count of over 700, survived a lethal injection twice, and ended up killing his family, and journeying to mossflower, where he became known as 'the woodland horror.'

Skills: Silent and deadly, good at any aspect of knife fighting, and is extremely hard to kill, due to his unwillingness to go down.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Jack the Quick

Long live the RRR!!

Sebias of Redwall

I know we just started, but when do you think we'll start the RP? (No pressure, just curious.  :P)

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

Tbh, my character was based off jason voorhees.
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

The Grey Coincidence

Shall I, at some point, convert this into a fanfic?
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

MathLuk

By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE