News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Heavily plotted Duel anyone?

Started by Faiyloe, June 11, 2014, 02:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

So I was thinking boy it has been a long time since I did a duel and I thought it might be fun to do one with a lot of plotting and background instead of the usual hit the other person till they fall down.

I did have some ideas for this but I would like to see who wants to do it first.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Wylder Treejumper

Sure. I am a storyteller, so I enjoy this kinda thing. Watcha wanna do?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Faiyloe

I was thinking something about a bounty hunter working for a king or lord, or perhaps a sea captain searching for revenge.  Maybe even an assassination attempt on some high ranking person.

It depends of the stile you want to go with like the time and setting.

It would be even cooler if the two people dueling where related. Like sister and brother or something. That would give the feeling of betrayal and allow them to have a thick back story.

Wylder Treejumper

Har har! I've always wanted ter be a sea otter! So, cully, here's how the rough plot looks: I'm an innocent young sea otter, sailin' the briny in me new boat. Just then, a crew o' scurvy corsairs comes and boards me! They kills all me crew, takes me ship, the captain fights me and leaves me fer dead in the sea. But, I didn't die, see, so here I comes lookin' fer revenge on that scurvy vermin what stole me boat and murdered me crew and took me eye!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Faiyloe

I was thinking some thing a little more personal than that how about they where best friends when they where little but something happens and one becomes a corsair the other becomes an honest sailor. Now at the time my character at least is not a captain but her captain decided to raid your characters ship. They meet in the fry and they have a fight. (OOC: Now we can either stop there and play two duels that one and then next one when they meet when they are older (Which I would love to do))  In the process she takes his eye but he gets away. Then He comes for revenge and all the stuff you said.

We can use this to make our characters. Don't worry you don't have to fill it all in right away.

Spoiler
Name: Vriata Devorna Nervatch  

Nickname: Vria (The name they go by if it is different from what you put above. How did they get it?)

Titles: (If any)

Species: Otter

Good, Evil or Neutral: Neutral heavily leaning towards bad

Role: Corsair of little rank.

Weapon(s):  Saber,

Appearance: (An overall summary of what they look like. What is their first impression? How do the walk?)

Fur: Dark brown

Eyes: Sapphire blue

Cloths: (favorite/usual)

Distinguishing marks: (Tattoos, scars, strange fur coloration)

Personality: (How do they act when they are around people or when they are alone)

Extrovert/introvert: Extrovert

Voice: (How do they talk? Do they have an accent? Are they loud or quiet?)

Dislikes:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Favorite food:

Season: (The season they were born in)

Origin: (Where they where born)

Where: (Where they live now)

Home: (What their home is like)

Room: (Where they sleep. Describe it if it is a constant)

Family:

Friends:

History:

What is something they never go without:

what they keep in their...

Traveling pack:

Chest:

Pockets:

Under Their Bed/Pillow:

Other: (Though I highly doubt that you will need it)
[close]

Wylder Treejumper

So, I guess we be doin' this one! Here be my character before the fight!

I'll finish it when I get back... if I do...  :'(

I guess we'll have to postpone indefinitely...

Name: Lanatar Tidewash

Nickname: Lan

Titles: N/A

Species: Sea Otter

Good, Evil or Neutral: Good

Role: Young Sea Otter Out on his own with his own ship for the first time

Weapon(s): Sling, Javelins, Dirk and Broadsword

Appearance: Well muscled but fairly thin. He has an air of self-confidence about him.

Fur: Light brown

Eyes: Sea green

Clothes: Loose green tunic with a blue belt, wears red headband

Distinguishing marks: N/A

Personality: Lanny is quiet and introverted, but very self-confident. He is a hard worker and works as well aboard as any crew member. He is loyal to his friends and crew. He is intelligent and a quick thinker.

Extrovert/introvert: Introvert

Voice: A voice just deepened into the voice of a full grown sea otter, Lanny is just starting to pick up a nautical twang.

Likes: Fish, Skilly n' Duff, hotroot, sailing, sea shanties

Dislikes: Heights, cabbage

Strengths: Smart, Strong, Excellent Sailor

Weaknesses: Too Trusting, Inexperienced

Favorite food: Hotroot soup, duh!

Season: Autumn

Origin: Tidewash Holt on the Eastern shore, just North of River Moss

Where: Tidewash Holt, cabin in the Ocean Queen

Home: (What their home is like)

Room: (Where they sleep. Describe it if it is a constant)

Family:

Friends:

History:

What is something they never go without:

what they keep in their...

Traveling pack:

Chest:

Pockets:

Under Their Bed/Pillow:

Other: (Though I highly doubt that you will need it)
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Faiyloe

So are we doing both Duels the one where he loses his eye and the one where he seeks revenge? Personally I think that would be very cool.

Here is my Character so far for the first one (I am assuming that is what you mean't) and don't worry if it is mostly blank for now we can add to the sheets as we work out the rest of the plot and back story.

Wylder Treejumper

Hi Faiy, I'm back. Wanna get this started up?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Faiyloe

Oiyp 0.o I completely forgot about this... didn't really work on my character much...  :P

Well better get started...  ;D

oh and glad your back.

Wylder Treejumper

So, Faiy... We still doing this? I was reminescing and remembered this and thought it sounded fun. I'm still up for it if'n you are. I want to get in as much stuff as possible afore I leave...
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Faiyloe

Wait your leaving?! ... I wan't to get this going and all but at the moment I have some kind of fever, I am hacking up my lungs and my head feels like a ten pound lead ball... Well maybe not all that bad... but still... Suffice to say, my thought process is not exactly clear... and then I am behind is school...   I have really a lot to catch up on as soon as I am feeling better so... yeah... XP perhaps when you get back?

Wylder Treejumper

Yeah, I'm leaving early June... And possibly not returning. I'll just wait, fill out my character and hope for the best, I guess.

Hope ya feel better!
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington