News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Winter to Freeze Your Heart part 2

Started by Unimaginative, February 10, 2014, 06:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Bryant nodded, "Gotcha. In the meantime, I think it would be best if I just focused." He said, then spotted Arya. "Arya! Come on." Arya was confused by his tone, but obeyed. She hurried to keep up with Bryant, and then saw Ushen ahead of them. "Is it okay if I walk with Ushen?" She asked, and when he nodded, she took off. "Ushen! Wait up!" She called, panting to catch up with him.

rachel25

Ushen stopped, and turned round, seeing it was Arya, he instantly felt nervous. "Um, yeah?" He said quietly.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Hmmm, that certainly is a problem, but he was having issues getting the stuff on, so maybe his suit ruffled a bit. White sticks out like a sore thumb against almost any color, so they'd see something if he wasn't assembled perfectly. BIC:

Ervoyce found Vatra shortly after, "Vatra?" He dropped from the tree that he was traversing, right next to his friend, "Vatra, what's wrong?" Kneeling he placed his right paw on her shoulder, giving her a sideways hug of sorts. He didn't speak further, it would be best if he let her speak, or just stay silent.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rachel25 on June 07, 2014, 05:10:51 PM
Ushen stopped, and turned round, seeing it was Arya, he instantly felt nervous. "Um, yeah?" He said quietly.

Arya felt a tad flustered. "Oh, uh, I just don't think I can walk with Bryant right now....Those beasts staring at him has him......Rather moddy." She said, deciding to be polite, and not say that Bryant had snapped at her and hurt her feelings, or that he seemed to be ignoring her. "But, if you'd like to walk alone, I can move back." She said, blushing.

Faiyloe

"I'm sorry," Vatra said under her breath. " I can't do it anymore, I am going to hurt someone... Every time I think I have it under control something happens and I loose it. I all most attacked them back there. It's awful the fire and the burning anger, I loss my mind everything is blood and anger and death and the worst part is that I actually like it. The fighting fire in my blood and the heat of battle all around and the unequaled rage and I love it... Yet I despises it at the same time. How can I be at peace if I am torn in two?" She said looking up into Ervoyces eyes at her last question.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce had nothing to answer with... His mind was churning, should he tell her? It might help, but then again it might not. He then thought of something, "Vatra... Do you know why? Do you actually know why you're like this? Be honest with yourself, what exactly has caused this? What has disturbed you to this point? If you can find the true source, then maybe we can figure out how you can find your peace....." After thinking momentarily, he finished, "... The Redwaller's helped me find mine, maybe I can help you find yours."

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Vatras mind went back, back to that day, The moment when it all began...

...It was early morning of a fresh spring day the all the wildflowers where in bloom and the birds sang there joy to the sun who's light shown threw the leaves of the trees casting a shadow of green and pale light onto the forest floor.  Alec walked ahead of Kawalan A heavy pack on his back yet he seemed to be walking on air. Kawalen Trudged along behind him calling out for him to slow down. They had just left the river and where heading to the place they had heard so much about. Redwall Abbey. Alec Turned round and started walking backwards but not slowing down.

"We made a bet and you lost now your stuck with the heaver pack," He said teasingly.

"The bet was an unfair one, no normal beast besides an otter can eat that hootroot stuff much less five spoonfuls, " She said. Alec turned on his heal and started jogging.

"Then you shouldn't have taken the bet,"  he said with a grin.

"Oh you, get back here!" She yelled starting after him with a playful glint in her eyes and several playfull threats "Oh when I catch up you'll wish you had never seen a hootroot in your life!" Alec ran ahead adding to the distance between them. Though threw all there shouting and playful banter they did not notice how quiet the forest had grown.

Alec ran out into a clearing and was met by a large rat. Suddenly they where both surrounded by a good score of vermin.   

"Look et wat we caught, ta little tree mice, an' see zey brought us some gifts," The rat, who was twice the size of the rest and obviously in charge, said pointing at there packs with his cutlass. Vatra drew her sword dropping her pack to the ground. There was not way these cut throats where going to let them out of this alive if they went "peacefully"  Alec did the same and soon they where fighting for there lives. Alec was face to face with the rat fighting harder than he had ever fought before. Vatra struggled to get to him but there where to many in the way. He was cut down before her eyes. The Rat fell before he knew what had hit him Vatras blade in his back.

She ran over to Alec and drop down next to him he grabbed her paw his looked deep into her eyes and he whispered her name "Kawalan... I... I Love you" His Eyes closed and She let out a shrieking cry of anguish. She flew at them in rage her eyes burning red. None of the vermin where left alive...

...Vatra was crying tears streaming down her face. All she was able to get out was "Alec... When he died... I... I Killed them all..." She turned and held Ervoyce close.   

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: I'm confused, did Vatra have another name?     

Ervoyce held Vatra close and stayed silent... There was nothing he could do while her heart was in shambles. He waited patiently searching his own heart for the words to say.... He remembered a song sung to those who'd suffered the loss of another, and he sang quietly.

"A grá caillte amháin, chun báis ar tuiscint fuar
Imithe muir, de clasp síoraí

Cé imithe uainn, is féidir leis an titim a bheith
Siad, trí shúile nua, a fheiceáil anois.

Imithe go ghlóir
bathed i bhfianaise
Grieve cé go mbeimid,
a n-deireadh ní mór dúinn troid

Linn a fheiceáil ach amháin an dorchadas
Cé acu, siúl i sonas

'Tis an am amháin, mar sin a shealbhú amach tá súil
I gcás nuair a aontú athuair tú, agus trí na réimsí Mostly, lope le chéile.

Imithe go ghlóir
bathed i bhfianaise
Caillte, le linn, is cinnte
Saol nua, tá siad le fáil i síocháin."

He could almost hear the echo of the first rendition as he sang it again in the common tongue.

"A loved one lost, to death's cold grasp
Gone to a sea, of eternal clasp

Though gone from us, the fallen may be
They, through new eyes, now see.

Gone to glory
Bathed in light
Grieve though we may,
Their end we must not fight

We only see the darkness
While they, walk in happiness

'Tis only time, so hold out hope
For when you rejoin, and through the sunny fields, together lope.

Gone to glory
Bathed in light
Lost, to us, certainly
New life, they've found in peace."

Ervoyce hugged Vatra closer, "Where evil's sting has fallen, always their is a bright spot. Alec is gone, but he's gone to a new brightness of incomparable beauty. Though his time has ended, yours has not, I'm sure he'd want you to make the most of it. Hope for the future my friend, but don't seek it out before you're supposed to get there.... As for others, I know not, but as for me you'll always have a friend. Always have somebeast to lean against. Always be loved."

Faiyloe

OOC: her full name was Kawalan Vatra. Kawalan being her first name and Vatra her middle name. She Started going by Vatra after Alecs death.

BIC: Vatra sniffed, rubbed her paw across her face and sat up. "You are right.  He is gone but you are not. I still have a job to do here," She said with resolve. "Just in the future warn me before you introduce me to any of your friends so I don't end up wanting to kill them," She said with a week smile.  Then as an after thought "Do you think they will understand?" She asked.

OOC: Sorry short post but I have to go in a sec.  :P

Dannflower Reguba

"You left before anything happened, they don't make opinions without seeing actions. They have nothing but respect for everybeast here, even more so Bryant. Kinda stinks, he doesn't even realize just how much of an influence he could have on these guys." He stood with Vatra, "I don't have any more friends that'll be here.... Though that doesn't mean they aren't on their way now does it?" He smiled at Vatra mischievously.

Faiyloe

Vatra sighed relieved. "Thank you," She said getting to her feet. "I suppose we should be getting back,"

Cornflower MM

Bryant watched Arya walking with Ushen, and sighed. Then he started thinking about what Ervoyce had said, and walked into a tree. "Ow." He muttered, rubbing his nose.

Dannflower Reguba

Ervoyce stepped back, "I'll catch up with you later, there's something I want to do." Without waiting for a response, he started to leave. He was headed in the direction of Redwall.

Faiyloe

Vatra didn't move she looked after Ervoyce and then back in the direction of Brockhall Un sure what to do.  She then turned and headed after Ervoyce "Oh no you don't," She said to her self. She was not going to let him go off on some secret raid or whatever without her. "I'm coming with you!" She called out to him as loudly as she dared in the night.

rachel25

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 07, 2014, 07:19:24 PM
Quote from: rachel25 on June 07, 2014, 05:10:51 PM

Arya felt a tad flustered. "Oh, uh, I just don't think I can walk with Bryant right now....Those beasts staring at him has him......Rather moddy." She said, deciding to be polite, and not say that Bryant had snapped at her and hurt her feelings, or that he seemed to be ignoring her. "But, if you'd like to walk alone, I can move back." She said, blushing.
"No!" Ushen said, maybe a little too quickly, "Um, I mean, you can if you want, but I don't mind you walking with me."