News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Twiching

Started by Criya, November 12, 2011, 01:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Criya

Every time I make a longer post, my message box starts twiching and scrolling up and down every letter I type. It's getting distracting and is starting to bother me. I causes grammar and spelling mistakes. It happens on multiple computers, so I know it's not just a problem with my computer.
Criya's never to be trusted. No matter HOW pursuasive she is.
"I'm going to be your friend and hug you, and love you, and- OH! Look! Your head!"

DanielofRedwall

No, it happens with me as well. Yes, it does get a bit annoying. Any way of stopping this?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

What web browser do you use to load the forums?  I get no such twitching using Opera.  I know Google Chrome scrolls kind of funny but I've never seen "twitching" behavior.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Criya

Internet explorer, as usual. Lots of people open the forums with the traditional internet explorer. I do notice the twiching problem on chrome sometimes, too.
"I'm going to be your friend and hug you, and love you, and- OH! Look! Your head!"

Mad Maudie

Firefox nothing at all
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Muse

MSN explorer is great, hasn't ever happened.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Lutra

Internet Explorer sometimes does lots of weird stuff. Try a different browser to load this page.  They're all free so it doesn't cost anything to try.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Criya

It happens when your post gets so long tha the message box has to scroll to see your previous word. Then it starts twiching.

Lutra

I don't understand.  You mean the message gets too long horizontally or vertically?  My guess is something with horizontal scrolling, but that only happens if say someone posts a really huge image bigger than your screen resolution, then you'd have a chance the formatting would be amiss.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lily

This seems to be a problem with IE8, I found it mentioned on a few other forums. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a fix for it.

Icefire

I know what you're talking about, Criya. I have it happen on other forums all the time! Don't know how to fix it....I've just learned to live with it! :P
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!