News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Darker Days OOC/Sign up

Started by Jarky Thistlebrush, August 12, 2019, 08:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarky Thistlebrush

It's been 40 seasons since Redwall and Mossflower were taken over by vermin. Redwall's new name is the Bloodfort, and no longer an outpost of friendliness where travelers might stop and take a drink, it has become a vermin outpost and the once fertile grounds are soaked with blood. Bands of vermin roam Mossflower, killing any goodbeasts who have not fled.

But, there is one last island of goodness in the sea of evil; Salamandastron. Woodlanders and Redwallers alike have flocked to this stronghold. Only the memory of peace remains for this brave lot.

It has been a long war, and a hard one. And now is the time when the final decision will be made. Will vermin triumph, or woodlanders?
But who will decide? Not me, or even the head of vermin or the Badger Lord of the Long Patrol. No. It is up to... You.
Warning: This RPG is very dark.

The only rules I would jolly well like t' flippin' add are that you can have up to three bloomin' characters, and can y' please put what blinkin' 'string' your character is in at the top o' your comment. For example, y' might put, say 'Vermin 1' at the top o' your comment if you're in a string with vermin.
My preferred character sheet:
Spoiler

Name:
Weaponry:
Personality:
Affiliation:
[close]
Though o' course y' can jolly well add other things about your character.

Jack's character:
Spoiler
Name: Roguestripe the Brave
Species: Badger
Weapon: Huge battle axe set with emeralds and a black and forest green wire wrapped hilt. The edges of his blades are carved, one end says Hail Gaul, the other says Hail Sora. His mother and father were Gaul and Sora.  He polishes it every day. It is said he locked himself in his forge room for five days straight, refusing to eat or drink after his parents died in a searat attack. He came out with his battle axe, who he calls the Hailer, and swore vengeance. He has been searching for the rats responsible ever since.
Appearance: Roguestripe is a grey-ish badger, with a black stripe from his nose to the tip of his tail, like most badgers, but unusually his stripe is a little wavy and it has spiked edges. Roguestripe usually wears black trousers and a no shirt, though he has a big strap for Hailer.
History: He was born the same as he is now, though smaller, and his parents thought his strip roguish and named him Roguestripe. His parents died in a searat attack when he was in his early twenties, still learning the basics of his role as a badger lord. After that, he disappeared into his forge room for five days, refusing to eat or drink, and came out with his battle axe, Hailer, and swore vengeance on the searats who killed his parents. When Jack the Lucky was orphaned, Roguestripe felt a connection to the baby hare, knowing what the hare would've been feeling should he have been older, and adopted him. Roguestripe loves Jack more than anything, though his position and the expectations of him cause Roguestripe to be a little more gruff and distant from his son than he would've liked.
Personality: He is gruff and serious, though he can have a good sense of humour if the time allows it and he is with people closer to equals. He brightens when he is around Jack, though he tries to hide it, as much as he wishes he didn't have to.
Affiliation: Salamandastron/ Long Patrol
[close]

Mathluk's Character:
Spoiler
Name: Rinek Algeirr
Species: Red Fox
Appearance: Rinek is short for a fox, and his left footpaw is higher than the right. He wears a brown tunic and a cloak of the same colour and material.
Weaponry: A stick that is also used for walking, with no special features. It is also possible to smash a hostile beast's head with his lute, though Rinek is reluctant to do so, for reasons obvious.
History: Rinek is the illegitimate son of a bard and an innkeeper's daughter, though his father died around four months before he was born, having perished in a bar fight. His mother married a certain Meinert Algeirr before Rinek was born, and the young fox considers his stepfather his father more than a fox he had never met, bearing his surname with pride. Seeing that the young fox's limp prevents him from working with his grandfather alongside himself, Meinert encouraged the cub to follow his biological father's profession and train himself in the ways of a performer. After completing his training, Rinek saw himself ready to make his own living, and burden his parents no longer. Promising to return to his family, he set off into the Mossflower countryside, his destiny no longer within sight.
Personality: Rinek is lively and buoyant, with him being the life of a party. To the detriment of his half-siblings, he is bit over-talkative, and a 'scatterbrain', whatever that meant. He is also not the bravest of beasts, preferring talking his way out of problems rather than fighting everybeast that stands in his way.
Affiliation: Nobeast yet. He is unemployed as of the beginning of the roleplay, having just started his career.
[close]
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Tungro

I am considering joining, but I am already part of three that need posting

Jarky Thistlebrush

Okay. I suppose it's jolly well fair enough if y' don't join.
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Jack the Quick

I'll join, I'll try to start my character sheet today.
Edit: I did it!

Name: Roguestripe the Brave
Species: Badger
Weapon: Huge battle axe set with emeralds and a black and forest green wire wrapped hilt. The edges of his blades are carved, one end says Hail Gaul, the other says Hail Sora. His mother and father were Gaul and Sora.  He polishes it every day. It is said he locked himself in his forge room for five days straight, refusing to eat or drink after his parents died in a searat attack. He came out with his battle axe, who he calls the Hailer, and swore vengeance. He has been searching for the rats responsible ever since.
Appearance: Roguestripe is a grey-ish badger, with a black stripe from his nose to the tip of his tail, like most badgers, but unusually his stripe is a little wavy and it has spiked edges. Roguestripe usually wears black trousers and a no shirt, though he has a big strap for Hailer.
History: He was born the same as he is now, though smaller, and his parents thought his strip roguish and named him Roguestripe. His parents died in a searat attack when he was in his early twenties, still learning the basics of his role as a badger lord. After that, he disappeared into his forge room for five days, refusing to eat or drink, and came out with his battle axe, Hailer, and swore vengeance on the searats who killed his parents. When Jack the Lucky was orphaned, Roguestripe felt a connection to the baby hare, knowing what the hare would've been feeling should he have been older, and adopted him. Roguestripe loves Jack more than anything, though his position and the expectations of him cause Roguestripe to be a little more gruff and distant from his son than he would've liked.
Personality: He is gruff and serious, though he can have a good sense of humour if the time allows it and he is with people closer to equals. He brightens when he is around Jack, though he tries to hide it, as much as he wishes he didn't have to.
Affiliation: Salamandastron/ Long Patrol
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Great! Someone finally signed up!

MathLuk

Name: Rinek Algeirr
Species: Red Fox
Appearance: Rinek is short for a fox, and his left footpaw is higher than the right. He wears a brown tunic and a cloak of the same colour and material.
Weaponry: A stick that is also used for walking, with no special features. It is also possible to smash a hostile beast's head with his lute, though Rinek is reluctant to do so, for reasons obvious.
History: Rinek is the illegitimate son of a bard and an innkeeper's daughter, though his father died around four months before he was born, having perished in a bar fight. His mother married a certain Meinert Algeirr before Rinek was born, and the young fox considers his stepfather his father more than a fox he had never met, bearing his surname with pride. Seeing that the young fox's limp prevents him from working with his grandfather alongside himself, Meinert encouraged the cub to follow his biological father's profession and train himself in the ways of a performer. After completing his training, Rinek saw himself ready to make his own living, and burden his parents no longer. Promising to return to his family, he set off into the Mossflower countryside, his destiny no longer within sight.
Personality: Rinek is lively and buoyant, with him being the life of a party. To the detriment of his half-siblings, he is bit over-talkative, and a 'scatterbrain', whatever that meant. He is also not the bravest of beasts, preferring talking his way out of problems rather than fighting everybeast that stands in his way.
Affiliation: Nobeast yet. He is unemployed as of the beginning of the roleplay, having just started his career.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Jarky Thistlebrush

Jarky Thistlebrush

Feel free to make more characters so we can start this!

Kade Rivok

Is this still joinable and the people that posted chars still willing to do it?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Tungro

I am not sure about Jack, he has gone dark everywhere I know him and he no longer has Discord