News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Matthias v.s. Cluny Truths

Started by Corporal Rubbadub, May 07, 2020, 04:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corporal Rubbadub

A lot of times i see people saying that matthias wasn't really the best warrior because he defeated cluny with a bell. But the fact that he was able to survive for more than a few seconds against one of the greatest warlords ever is saying something

Ripred the Gnawer

Well, he did have the spirit of Martin the Warrior with him, plus the threat that Cluny made about killing Friar Hugo. But the bell was not fair play at all.
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

WorshipTiria

Also, that twisting of words just adds salt to the wound and isn't exactly... honorable.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Steelinghades

Quote from: Corporal Rubbadub on May 07, 2020, 04:45:02 PM
A lot of times i see people saying that matthias wasn't really the best warrior because he defeated cluny with a bell. But the fact that he was able to survive for more than a few seconds against one of the greatest warlords ever is saying something

The fact that Matthias--a young, untrained Abbey-dwelling mouse who has never fought a day in his Life--survived a crossing of blades with a veteran fighter like Cluny at all, points directly to Divine Intervention. Without the Bell and with a straight on fight, Matthias almost certainly would have lost; Cluny had all the advantages in that fight.

This of course Is If we were being realistic. Matthias had the mightiest force in reality behind him in that fight, and that Is Plot Armour.

Ripred the Gnawer

Quote from: Steelinghades on November 12, 2020, 12:53:41 AM
Quote from: Corporal Rubbadub on May 07, 2020, 04:45:02 PM

The fact that Matthias--a young, untrained Abbey-dwelling mouse who has never fought a day in his Life--survived a crossing of blades with a veteran fighter like Cluny at all, points directly to Divine Intervention. Without the Bell and with a straight on fight, Matthias almost certainly would have lost; Cluny had all the advantages in that fight.

This of course Is If we were being realistic. Matthias had the mightiest force in reality behind him in that fight, and that Is Plot Armour.
You know, if BJ had made it realistic, Cluny would have won. But good is supposed to triumph over evil, so he made Matthias win.
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"