Legendary Vermin Fighters

Started by clunylooney, May 22, 2020, 12:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clunylooney

Vermin are notoriously bad at fighting, but there are a few that have gone down in legend as great fighters.

For one, Saltar from Mariel of Redwall was known as one of the best vermin duelers of his time. He was an expert with a hook and even Gabool was slightly scared of Saltar and his skills.

Speaking of Gabool, him and Greypatch are also known as great fighters and campaigners. Gabool and Greypatch seemed to be some of the most successful vermin campaigners in the series, looting a lot of gold and eventually making an army so large Gabool was named king of searats. Also, Gabool lost all of his teeth in battle so you know he is serious. Him and Greypatch are also known for going places that nobeast has seemed to go, capturing monsters like Skrabbalag.

Another is Ublaz Mad Eyes. Although time as an emperor cut into his fitness a lot, in his prime he was the deadliest corsair in the seas. We saw that he could take on a warrior of redwall and was great with a sabre. The only one IMO who could match Ublaz's skills with a sabre is Derron Fortindom, a highly skilled hare in the long patrol who was most notable in the seasons of the savage.

King Sarengo is one no-one talks about, and yet he was known as the only beast to kill a full grown adder with his bear teeth and claws. That takes a lot of skill and wrestling knowledge.Also, how do you think he got an island with many slaves, he probably conquered it. 

Zwilt the Shade took out many other very skilled vermin leaders as though they were nothing. Grullba Deathwind was known as pretty much unmatched with a battle axe and he was killed by Zwilt easily. Zwilt also took on a blademaster of the Long Patrol. Yes he lost, but it is still impresive that he lasted that long, especially against a blademaster.

Some vermin who I think were very skilled but not quite legendary are:
Vizka Longtooth, who nearly defeated a badger in hand to hand combat (yes I know he had weapons but they were fighting with their hands and it's still impressive).
Zigu, who was known for being very skilled with a rapier.
Raga Bol was known for nobeast surviving a single swing of his scimitar (until lonna of course) but we never really saw evidence of this. 
Cluny was seen to be a hardened corsair with a lot of fighting skill.
Of course, we can't forget Ferhago, Razconsa and Sawney Rath, whose dagger skills are unmatched (among vermin) but I am talking more about dueling.
We never see Riggu Felis duel, but you can tell he would be great at it.
Grullba Deathwind was, like I said, known to be one of the best axe wielder vermin of his time, too bad we only saw him getting owned by Zwilt the Shade.

I just made this to commemorate all of the vermin who have shown themselves to be very skilled in battle. So many people point out how bad at fighting vermin are, but let us remember all of which who went down into legend because of their skills.

Are there any other vermin you think should be on this list? Please respond if there are.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Ripred the Gnawer

Yes.

YOU FORGOT ALL ABOUT VILAYA!!
AND UNGATT TRUNN!
AND VERDAUGA GREENEYES!
AND ASKOR!
AND GULO!
AND TSARMINA!
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"