"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

what does gagged mean

Started by rakkety tam, December 02, 2011, 04:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Matthias720

Gagging is primarily a way for ToR and myself to handle the spam issue, without the need for admin abilities. However, gagging can be used on any member who breaks the forum rules, despite several warnings. I won't go into the details of it all, but we (the forum staff) take gagging VERY seriously. If you see that a forum member (not a spambot) has been gagged, you'll know we had a very good reason. We do ask that you do refrain from asking about any specific gagging. If we feel the need to share the details, we will do so in a public place. If we don't, then the details will remain confidential, under most circumstances.

rakkety tam

what does gaged mean like they cant post

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Correct. Gagged accounts cannot post anywhere.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

rakkety tam

ok thx i was wondering about that one more Q can a member be ungagged

Taggerung_of_Redwall

As simple and fast as gagging. It's only a matter of changing an account's membergroup from 'Gagged' back to normal.

rakkety tam

Trigoma

wouldnt banning be more simple? 3 day ban instead of ungagging whenever for an indeffinate time.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lutra

Gagging = suspension in this case.  I believe if you are banned you're on a different level.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'm fairly certain an account ban would remove your account and make it forever inaccessible. An IP ban would be temporary, but it would take more time (a matter of seconds, though) to do and to remove. This makes the suspension/gagging of a member much simpler and more effective.

Trigoma

ah i see. ok. im just used to bans on other forums xD. first time iv heard of gagging.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Tiria Wildlough

Is a gagged member still able to PM?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

Yes, a gagged member can PM. However, we discourage the practice of PMing a gagged member, because gagging is a personal problem and we don't want them to feel intruded upon.

Coobreedan

No one has ever been gagged before right?
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D