News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Happy New Year 2012!

Started by Lily, December 31, 2011, 12:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

2011 will be over in a few hours! (For me, anyway.) How will you, or how did you greet the new year?

I'm watching Kohaku Uta Gassen, which is basically a music battle between the most popular artists in Japan of the previous year. They usually go all out with crazy costumes and stage effects. The competition is girls vs. boys, and the girls appear to be winning!

Happy New Year everyone, and may 2012 be full of Redwall. ;D

DanielofRedwall

I will be asleep, getting ready for a trip to Melbourne tomorrow to visit some relatives. If I'm still awake when the clock ticks over, I'll come on here for a little bit on my iPod. 2 hours 15 minutes to go for me! Happy new year everyone!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

The girls won Kohaku for the first time in six years. :)

The clock has officially ticked over in Japan. Happy New Year!

DanielofRedwall

Clock just ticked here- greetings from 2012! Don't worry guys, it all looks okay! ;)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I have a lot of plans for today, which I'll go about in the last 11 hours of the year. I'm looking forward to see what the new year has to offer and what can be accomplished.
UruObsession just closed in the last hour. Something 2012 won't have that I'll miss.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

winifred

Here in America, (Where I live  in California)It is 9:52 am on the 31. Still alot of time till the new year for me! :D Dont know if I will stay up, last year I fell asleap at my neighbor's house and my parents left me to spend the night :D :P (We are very good friends with our neighbors they are mostly older coulples) I do stay up I will be reading the hobbit and on the final hour: mossflower to celebrate my 1st year of redwall!

My new years resolution is to reread all the redwall books again! :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Matthias720

I'm heading over to a small party at the house of a family I know, where I will hopefully be able to ring in the new year playing board game and eating Christmas cookies. 8)

Ferdy and Coggs

I'm going to try to stay up to watch the new year begin, but, If I do, one second later, I'll be asleep. :P Maybe I'll celebrate tomorrow....

Happy New Year to the people already in the new year!
"We all have our thing, it's just what we do."

Favorite Redwall Book -- Mossflower
Currently Reading -- The Rogue Crew
Ferdy and Coggs -- Best Characters Yet

Lutra

I'll be asleep before the new year rings in.  ;D  The past eight new years I've spent it from my bed.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Mad Maudie

i'm going to stay up watching movies yah i still have 7 hours to go
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

I was awake at midnight. :) My mum woke me up to see the fireworks, but I was too tired to appreciate it. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Taggerung_of_Redwall

From what I've heard, it's a great year.
And I can add my sentiments to that.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

winifred

2 more hours to go for me...........my poor pats on the back for you tilly, but FIREWORKS?!Your lucky! :D I'll write when it's new year!
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Lily

Heh, I just realised I got the year wrong in the title. It has now been changed!