News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Jan 18- Sopa Strike

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, January 15, 2012, 02:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

Well...if it has the possibility of getting Justin Beiber out of business...im all for it. But according to info, i dont think it has that potential. So...long live SOPA?
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Melody

apparently not a lot of people like justin beiber.

Bragoon

Enough people like him for it to be worth someone's while to produce and manage for him, enough for him to be popular and make money.  That's really all that matters to some folks.  

For the record, I don't have anything against him personally (yet, we'll see what he does with himself in the future), I'm just not a fan of that type of music.

We'll see about the numbers.  We really don't know yet, and probably won't know until they vote on it.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Trigoma

it can also shut down facebook! yes!!!! i hate facebook...
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Melody

I don't have facebook but I don't like it either.

As for beiber I'm not a  fan either.

Bragoon

That's very similar to the reasoning behind the bill in the first place.  Some people don't like one thing or another, so they'll do what they can to be rid of those things, even at the cost of freedom.

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

I wouldn't risk my freedom do rid of something I don't like, that's just insensible.

Trigoma

i really doubt internet freedom is necessary for living...eather way, this site wont get shut down, so im happy. I think the internet is a little TOO free...if you know wut i mean. Censorship? Go for it.
—Happy Mask Salesman

Bragoon

I've kind of worked myself into a corner with my argument here, since my opinions on this reflect my religious beliefs which I'd rather not fight about right now, but for the most part I agree with you, in most cases I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice freedom just because I don't like the pink flamingo in my neighbor's yard (this isn't a factual statement, I have nothing against real or fake flamingos).

What would you like restricted?  Why?  Is it because there are things you don't like on it?
What if the things that you like someone else dislikes?  If everyone restricted everything that they didn't like, no-one would have anything to do.

Melody

I say if it's because you don't like it overlook it, but if it is hurting you or other people for the richys to gain power, then something must be done.

Bragoon

I believe some things on the internet hurt me (or would hurt me if I looked at them), and do hurt people all the time.  Those are the things that I believe are wrong, the kind of thing that is inappropriate for this site. 

If a rich person is a wise, just person, then why would you want to wish them ill?  Not all rich people are bad, just like not all poor people are good. 

Trigoma

What would you like restricted? Ever been on youtube? Advertisements that need "censorship" advertising...well im sure you can guess.

Why? see above statement^

Is it because you dont like it? Sadly there are more bad ppl in the world then good ppl. I dont like it, but the majority opinion? You get the picture.

What if the things you like someone else dislikes? Well...theres nothing on the internet i really like. This site i like, but it wont get shut down. Youtube, i can live without. Facebook. Dont get me started.

Anyways i g2g to church. Peace.
—Happy Mask Salesman

Bragoon

Alas, I've got no ride to church tonight, otherwise I'd be there.  :I 

Anyways, yes, I have been on YouTube, and sure, there's lots of stuff on there that I wish wasn't, but there are lots of things that I'm glad for also.  It's a very convenient tool for me to use to find out whether I like a music artist or not, and it's also a helpful medium for new and aspiring artists to show their musical talent to people other than big-name production companies, who ware the type of people who want YouTube gone anyways.

Lots of people don't like church either, or God, but if they got rid of God and we got rid of the internet, where would we be?  That doesn't help us at all. 

Melody

I wasn't say all richys are bad, just the really greedy ones.

Sheep-From-The-Red-Hill

Quotei really doubt internet freedom is necessary for living

It is for a lot of people, take away the internet and thousands of people are going to go broke.

QuoteThis site i like, but it wont get shut down.

It actually could if one member posts an image from the redwall series since it may be considered copy right infringement.