News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

What is required for this feild?

Started by Trigoma, January 30, 2012, 02:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

Ok so i was thinking about being a law enforcement officer when i graduate in one year, but i have no clue what is required, or what i will have to do to enter. Can anyone shed some light on the subject?
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Nightfire

Well, for starters, you can't have a crimnal record.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Bragoon

Unfortunately, I can't.  That said, you could probably look up your local police station's address and go ask.  Also, if your city has a website you could look there for information, or if you're looking at state-level stuff you could look up your state's website.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Lutra

I'm guessing you're still in high school.  I don't know exactly what is required, but it would probably include psychology, EMT (or some sort of health training), and some sort of physical would need to be passed.  Check with law enforcement where you live and see if they can give any pointers on what is needed.  State troopers I know need to go to training school.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwall Musician

No college degree is necessary, but I believe most stations require you to have a degree to move up in ranks. It's like most other jobs, just apply to the police stations around your area, or other places you'd be willing to go. They interview you and stuff, like at most jobs. You do have to go through some sort of physical test, I believe. This field isn't easy. Sometimes you have to work weekends, or night shifts, or get called out while your off. What are you wanting to do, work on the streets or as a detective?

I wish you luck!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."