News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

This topic is great.  Thanks for its revival. 

Um.  I dyed the back of my hair turquoise this summer.  It's kind of a minty colour now.

Lady Ashenwyte

This thread should be pink.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Banya

But it would be difficult read if it were pink.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Uh, what is considered girly? Would girly be talking about camping, guns, knives (machetes, too), fire, Halo, videogames, funny or violent movies, and stuff like that?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

CaptainRocktree

That is the essence of girly.  ;D

(What Halo games do you have?  :P)
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

Then I've been lied to my whole life  ;D

(Uh... Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4. Though I've played all of the Halo games. Oh, I think I have that Halo ODST thing, too. The one where you're playing as the Spartans, not Master Chief or the Arbiter)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Banya on September 21, 2015, 04:18:48 AM
Um.  I dyed the back of my hair turquoise this summer.  It's kind of a minty colour now.

I'm insanely jealous.  My parents won't allow me to dye my hair.  I don't quite remember what the requirements are to get it dyed...  See, it used to be "when you're eighteen", then it was "when you can pay for it", and now I think it's something like "when you're out of the house and take full responsibility for your appearance".  Unfortunately, I can't fill any of those requirements, so I'm not allowed.  Dx
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Hickory

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on September 21, 2015, 05:23:04 PM

(Uh... Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4. Though I've played all of the Halo games. Oh, I think I have that Halo ODST thing, too. The one where you're playing as the Spartans, not Master Chief or the Arbiter)

Um, Master Chief is a Spartan. A Spartan II, to be exact. ODST stands for Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. They're normal people. (well, they might actual be Spartan I's like Johnson, but that's debatable. They are, however, better than the normal UNSC marines)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 21, 2015, 05:42:40 PM

I'm insanely jealous.  My parents won't allow me to dye my hair.  I don't quite remember what the requirements are to get it dyed...  See, it used to be "when you're eighteen", then it was "when you can pay for it", and now I think it's something like "when you're out of the house and take full responsibility for your appearance".  Unfortunately, I can't fill any of those requirements, so I'm not allowed.  Dx
My dad has often said he'd be fine with me dying a streak or two in my hair if I wanted it, but I've never done it, though it would be kind of cool.  My mom isn't so sure about it, and besides, I think I'd really stick out at my church. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on September 22, 2015, 12:31:27 AM

Um, Master Chief is a Spartan. A Spartan II, to be exact. ODST stands for Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. They're normal people. (well, they might actual be Spartan I's like Johnson, but that's debatable. They are, however, better than the normal UNSC marines)
Pretty sure there were no survivors to the Spartan I project.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 22, 2015, 01:17:12 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on September 21, 2015, 05:42:40 PM

My dad has often said he'd be fine with me dying a streak or two in my hair if I wanted it, but I've never done it, though it would be kind of cool.  My mom isn't so sure about it, and besides, I think I'd really stick out at my church. :P
Jukka, that would look really cool, and the colour would be much less conspicuous in the form of a streak or two, especially if it's sort of a peek-through under-colour style of streak.
Rain, I'm sorry to hear it.  Is there a way you can show your mom what you like while it's on someone else and convince her that's it's not something crazy but looks nice?

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 22, 2015, 01:18:40 AM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on September 22, 2015, 12:31:27 AM
Then I've been lied to my whole life  ;D

Pretty sure there were no survivors to the Spartan I project.

Oh whatever, I haven't played Halo in a while  :P (now I feel as though I should....)

Rainshadow

Quote from: Banya on September 22, 2015, 01:27:46 AM
Rain, I'm sorry to hear it.  Is there a way you can show your mom what you like while it's on someone else and convince her that's it's not something crazy but looks nice?

Sadly, the colour I want most is the colour of the hairstyle reference picture I currently have, so my mom's seen it several times.

The first time I showed it to the hairdresser (about a year ago), she asked if I wanted my hair coloured like that, too, and my mom went, "Haa, no."  Every time since then, whenever I bring up the topic of how I want to dye my hair at some point and how it would be cool to have a dark red like the one in the picture, my mom still gives the same reaction.  I think the reasoning behind her dislike of my dyeing my hair is that I'm her youngest child, and she doesn't want to admit that I'm not a kid anymore.  On top of that, she probably doesn't want to be "that mom" whose kid has unnaturally red hair.  Even if I did get the chance to dye my hair, she'd probably make me wear a hat everywhere because she would be embarrassed.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!