The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 22, 2015, 01:18:40 AM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on September 22, 2015, 12:31:27 AM
Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on September 21, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
Then I've been lied to my whole life  ;D

(Uh... Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4. Though I've played all of the Halo games. Oh, I think I have that Halo ODST thing, too. The one where you're playing as the Spartans, not Master Chief or the Arbiter)

Um, Master Chief is a Spartan. A Spartan II, to be exact. ODST stands for Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. They're normal people. (well, they might actual be Spartan I's like Johnson, but that's debatable. They are, however, better than the normal UNSC marines)
Pretty sure there were no survivors to the Spartan I project.
Well, it's just not as hardcore as Spartan II or III (I should really be capitalizing SPARTAN), it's more like a super-soldier project. On less steroids. It's the same reason why Johnson could survive the Flood: the "upgrades" from the ORION project scrambled his nerve system, which confused the Infection Forms.... okay, I'll stop.

Quote from: Halo Wiki - ORION ProjectThe members of the ORION program were all augmented soldiers, using new training methods and the latest breakthroughs in biochemical developments. Augmentations to the Orion super-soldiers include muscular enhancement injections, pulmonary respiratory enhancements, retina-inversion injections, and cochlea enhancement tuning.[5] In addition to the physical enhancements, mental augmentations were performed to enhance brain functions[2] including enhanced learning capabilities to allow a subject to learn at a faster and higher rate and enhanced motor skills to improve body movements. The Orion training regime was very difficult and included many tests both mental and physical, including work done in the lab. All sixty-five initial volunteers[2] made it through the training and augmentation procedures and were placed on active duty some time after completing their training. After their initial deployment and success funding for training the next group of Orion super-soldiers was approved, and within a few years the Orion Program had 165 active duty personnel.[4]

Quote from: Halo Wiki - SPARTAN II ProjectThe SPARTAN-II Program, originally known as the ORION Project Generation II, was part of the SPARTAN Program, an effort to produce elite soldiers through mechanical and biological augmentation. The SPARTAN-II program would be the first in the series to meld advanced exoskeleton technology with the soldiers' superior physiques.[1][2]

Most of the SPARTAN I's are probably dead, considering almost the entire SPARTAN II and III force was wiped out at Reach, with the exception of Sarah Palmer (although I'm not completely sure she was even present at Reach at any time) and Johnson died from 343 Guilty Spark. Actually, most of the SPARTAN's are all dead. Except, I believe, the SPARTAN IV's. Now I'm still a little unsure as to wether SPARTAN IV's are also ODST troopers or not. Hold on a sec.

Quote from: Halo Wiki - ODSTevery ODST candidate is a veteran from another Special Operations outfit and therefore has already gone through at least two layers of screening and months of intense training — not counting the years of training received before volunteering for the ODSTs. There are no age or gender restrictions — as long as the candidate meets the physical and mental requirements they are guaranteed the opportunity to try out for the ODSTs. Once in the ODSTs, a candidate's training continues - its entrance requirements serve as a third layer of screening upon two more, where applicants would have theoretically failed to pass. Candidates would, therefore, already have extensive experience in conducting the types of high-risk missions that the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers typically perform.

So I was right. (and I just wasted a bunch of time doing this, didn't I?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Maudie

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on September 21, 2015, 03:10:45 PM
Uh, what is considered girly? Would girly be talking about camping, guns, knives (machetes, too), fire, Halo, videogames, funny or violent movies, and stuff like that?

Right on.  ;) ;D

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Cornflower MM

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASKY! *Tacklehugs*

Maudie

*is tacklehugged*

Hey Corn. How ya doin'? ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Hickory

Ahem. I need to make an amendment to the previous post I made regarding the ORION project. It was the same stuff they used for SPARTAN II's, but without the cybernetic upgrades and the MJOLNIR MK IV armor like Chief.

There. Amendment made.

Cornflower MM

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on September 29, 2015, 12:22:37 AM
Ahem. I need to make an amendment to the previous post I made regarding the ORION project. It was the same stuff they used for SPARTAN II's, but without the cybernetic upgrades and the MJOLNIR MK IV armor like Chief.

There. Amendment made.
Where are you getting "cybernetic upgrades" from? The Spartans aren't synthetically enhanced, just physically boosted.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Let me amend that. I meant mechanical and biological augmentation.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Hickory

Cornflower MM

Wow. Well, I must say, this isn't very girly anymore. *Props feet up on chair leg* I like the improvement!

Hickory

You will noticed I changed my profile pic from Gravemind to the Arbiter. Hope it's an improvement as well.  ;)

Maudie

I'm getting better at basketball!
Ok, not really getting better at playing basketball, but I have better form. It may be because skateboarding has given me better coordination, but I don't think I've been skateboarding long enough or consistently enough for that to be it.

How's that for girly?

Eulaliaaa!

I'm improving at Ultimate Frisbee.... and rock climbing. Since I go rock climbing once a week, I hope to improve my skills even more before the rock climbing club at my school starts.  :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.