News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Your definitions of girly need to change.  Girly things are whatever things girls like to do.  Girly things include, but are not limited to: skateboarding, mountain biking, boxing, painting (fingernails or works of canvas art), rock climbing, shopping, cosplaying, dominating at games (board and video and card and others), ballroom dancing, colouring hair, colour-coding notes, drinking PSL's, and general sportsing.

Eulaliaaa!

Some of those things can also be guy things... so technically they aren't girly. But they're not manly (or whatever) because girls do those things too. I say forget the whole girly and manly things, it's all too confusing :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Banya on September 30, 2015, 02:26:05 AM
Your definitions of girly need to change.  Girly things are whatever things girls like to do.  Girly things include, but are not limited to: skateboarding, mountain biking, boxing, painting (fingernails or works of canvas art), rock climbing, shopping, cosplaying, dominating at games (board and video and card and others), ballroom dancing, colouring hair, colour-coding notes, drinking PSL's, and general sportsing.
Perifæn will sympathize with that. She loves ballroom dancing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

The line between what's girly and what's not is blurred.  Plenty of guys like to dye their hair or paint their fingernails or sew their own clothes.  Plenty of girls play computer games or practice martial arts or lift weights.  This thread should be a place where girls can talk about things they do and enjoy doing.  That's what girly means.

I like going on walks, painting my nails, dogs, shaved hairstyles (including the side-shave and under-shave), flowers, heavy metal music, playing board and card games, playing the drums, camping, and drawing.  That's not exhaustive.  Just creating conversation....

I dislike playing sports, drinking coffee, shopping, jogging, using a purse, doing my hair, perfume, men's cologne, things with more than 6 legs, and the colour purple.  Just some facts about me.

@Skarzs: That's really cool.  So you and she both dance, but you specialize in different styles?

The Skarzs

Not really. We both know a few, and while I'm a bit neutral about any one dance, she particularly likes East Coast Swing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: Banya on September 30, 2015, 02:26:05 AM
Your definitions of girly need to change.  Girly things are whatever things girls like to do.  Girly things include, but are not limited to: skateboarding, mountain biking, boxing, painting (fingernails or works of canvas art), rock climbing, shopping, cosplaying, dominating at games (board and video and card and others), ballroom dancing, colouring hair, colour-coding notes, drinking PSL's, and general sportsing.
4/13 for me.

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

I like dancing (Duh) writing, playing cards/board games, doing puzzles, rock climbing, walking, animals, watching movies, reading, gardening (What I don't kill goes crazy! :P), the colors blue, green, white and purple, pretty much anything outside. .. . . . .

I don't like shopping, make-up, dress and skirts, sports, talking, most girls my age, (It's like they don't have brains!), doing things that most girls my age like (Talking about clothes, talking about boys, painting nails, so on and so forth). . . . . Generally most people my age, not just girls, now that I think about it.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 01, 2015, 06:37:43 PM
I don't like shopping, make-up, dress and skirts, sports, talking, most girls my age, (It's like they don't have brains!), doing things that most girls my age like (Talking about clothes, talking about boys, painting nails, so on and so forth). . . . . Generally most people my age, not just girls, now that I think about it.
Hee ha ha ha. ;D
(My mom was kinda the same way. Even when she was younger she knew how frustrating girls were. What? She went frog-catching barefoot!)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Yus. Frog catching! Fun! And bare feet for the win! (Your mom sounds nice. Also very sensible. ;D)

The Skarzs

She also worked as a paramedic for a bit, so she's seen some tough stuff.

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 01, 2015, 06:59:30 PM
Yus. Frog catching! Fun! And bare feet for the win! (Your mom sounds nice. Also very sensible. ;D)
Apparently she was walking with a friend who asked "hey, have you ever stepped on a toad?" "No . . ." *Pop!*
She stepped on a toad. In bare feet.

Another time she caught a big frog and kept it, then she couldn't find it in the cage thing. A while later she dumped it out only to find it in the dirt of the cage. It had gone into hibernation.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

Yay! xD :D

I've never really been into fashion, but now that I can shop by myself instead of with my mom shopping is a lot more fun...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

I don't like clothes shopping.  We mostly go to one really nice thrift store for clothes, but a lot of the women's clothes are either the wrong size, ugly, or indecent (by my conservative standards).  I just let my mom shop for me. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

Yeah, modest clothes can be so hard to find...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Lady Amber

Agreed. It's like you find something that looks nice, but whoops, it's too low or too tight or whatever. It's annoying.