News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lass of something much

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 11, 2020, 04:37:16 AM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on February 11, 2020, 03:41:19 AM
*hefts battleaxe* Now that's over and done with, I really want to make a weapons rack. I wonder how many cast iron spikes I can convince dad to let me remove from the fence. Speaking of fences, I'm starting fencing on Thursday. I'm so excited! Hoiho has gone to sleep on the curtain.
Can you, like, pretend to be girly?
if that's not girly, what is?
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 11, 2020, 04:37:16 AM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on February 11, 2020, 03:41:19 AM
*hefts battleaxe* Now that's over and done with, I really want to make a weapons rack. I wonder how many cast iron spikes I can convince dad to let me remove from the fence. Speaking of fences, I'm starting fencing on Thursday. I'm so excited! Hoiho has gone to sleep on the curtain.
Can you, like, pretend to be girly?
I did but you didn't seem to like it so I stopped.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ebantu the Kararehe

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on February 10, 2020, 09:02:11 AM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on February 10, 2020, 01:44:37 AM
*Chews gum and swings purse*
Ooh, I love the design! Are those reversible sequins? I ADORE that shade of pink! It looks so good with your outfit, too! Those yellow flowers on the trim look adorable! Do you like my handbag? It cost a fortune but *cue high pitched giggling* I got it on sale. My husband was still a little bit annoyed by how much I paid for it but he didn't really mind too much. He just loves drama so much, you know? He just can't resist making a big deal out of everything for the pure amusement of it! Isn't that hilarious! *more high pitched giggling* The colour goes so well with my hair. *begins playing with hair, hoping new haircut will be noticed. Gets bored of waiting* I got a new haircut. Did you notice? I had to go to twelve different hairdressers before I found one that could do it to my satisfaction. It's not quite how I wanted it but I got sick of looking for somebody to do it so I had to put up with this. It's not too bad but I really wanted it layered and he cut it a few millimetres too short, and he left too much fringe. Oh well, what can you expect when you get a man to do your hair, right? I got my nails done too. The pink was the wrong shade and half a tone lighter than I wanted it but I'm not fussy, you know? Oh, I really must be off. I told my friend I'd meet her at the nail salon. I'm going to get my nails redone. This colour really doesn't suit me, you know. *turns to leave, steps on tiny blade of grass with ridiculously high stilettos and falls over, brushing knee on a rose bush. Tiny dot of blood appears. Instantly faints*

(OOC) In case anybeast is wondering, no.
...stilettos are a type of knife...
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

Not a knife. They're more like a very sharp spike. While it is true that some, or maybe even most, of them had sharp sides, they weren't used like a knife.
They were an assassin's weapon, used at close quarters as a subtle, but lethal, stab between the ribs, often left in place to avoid undue attention. It only left a small incision and didn't cause a lot of blood gushing everywhere, which would be an advantage were you the assassin trying to escape the scene of your victim's death. Somebody dropping dead in a pool of blood wouldn't be very good for subtlety.

However, when I mentioned stilettos, I was referring to the shoe, which was first referred to as a stiletto in 1959 in the New Statesman magazine. Whilst it is true that the name originated from the long dagger-ish weapon, it is, in fact, quite different from the tradition assassin's tool and I strongly doubt it would work very well.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

*Giggles and frolics through a sunny meadow, white sundress blowing gently in the breeze.*   
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on February 11, 2020, 09:33:52 AM
Not a knife. They're more like a very sharp spike. While it is true that some, or maybe even most, of them had sharp sides, they weren't used like a knife.
They were an assassin's weapon, used at close quarters as a subtle, but lethal, stab between the ribs, often left in place to avoid undue attention. It only left a small incision and didn't cause a lot of blood gushing everywhere, which would be an advantage were you the assassin trying to escape the scene of your victim's death. Somebody dropping dead in a pool of blood wouldn't be very good for subtlety.

However, when I mentioned stilettos, I was referring to the shoe, which was first referred to as a stiletto in 1959 in the New Statesman magazine. Whilst it is true that the name originated from the long dagger-ish weapon, it is, in fact, quite different from the tradition assassin's tool and I strongly doubt it would work very well.
Ah, thanks for enlightening me. ^-^
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ebantu the Kararehe

Stiletto sharp things are much more practical than stiletto shoes. (sorry if I'm not girly enough for you lot)

And until we meet again,

lass of something much

Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on February 14, 2020, 08:32:04 PM
Stiletto sharp thing are much more practical than stiletto shoes. (sorry if I'm not girly enough for you lot)
good for wacking people with...  .
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ebantu the Kararehe

The sharp things or the shoes?

And until we meet again,

lass of something much

both, they are both good for wacking people.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

The Skarzs

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on February 11, 2020, 09:33:52 AM

I've heard stilettos were a sign of class at one time.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

lass of something much

Ooh, I thort dudes war stilettos was to wack people...
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

(Lead pipes have been used for years.)
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)