Saddest moment

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 11:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

the saddest moment is when Sayna and part of Luke's tribe is slaughtered in The Legend of Luke
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

daskar666

Quote from: Mariel on June 16, 2011, 11:43:31 PM
Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 16, 2011, 08:22:27 PM
I don't really cry to much while reading Redwall. Rose is really sad, but anyone dying is sad.

Me too.  I know this isn't really in the spirit of the thing, but it's hard for me to get upset when the characters die.  After all, they are just rodents.  Still, this is why Redwall is appropriate for young readers so I don't really mind it.
That's the reason I imagine all the characters as people. The only characters that I'm unable to do that with are the birds and the snakes which I just imagine as giant talking equivalents of their real world counterparts. On topic, I NEVER cry during books, movies etc, but the Legend of Luke is probably the saddest Redwall book (that's why Brian probably made books 1 and 3 about martin tho I'd certainly prefer to have it all about Luke)

Icefire

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 16, 2011, 08:22:27 PM
I don't really cry to much while reading Redwall. Rose is really sad, but anyone dying is sad.
I almost never cry over books...in fact the last time I cried over a book was a couple of years ago...however, that last book was Martin the Warrior. When I first started the book, I actually predicted that she'd die simply because I read Mossflower before Martin the Warrior and I knew she wasn't there, but by the time she actually died I just couldn't stand to see her die! :'( There are other super sad moments, but I think that one wins it.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rizzan

I never actually been brought to tears by a book except when Fatch dies in the bellmaker I don't why but that moment really struck a cord with me.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Rizzan on July 06, 2011, 07:42:35 PM
I never actually been brought to tears by a book except when Fatch dies in the bellmaker I don't why but that moment really struck a cord with me.
. Because Fatch was such a good character. He was so trustworthy. He made a promise and he stuck by it until death. Fatch was awesome.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Icefire

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 07, 2011, 04:29:13 AM
. Because Fatch was such a good character. He was so trustworthy. He made a promise and he stuck by it until death. Fatch was awesome.
Total agreement. He was awesome and I was sad when he died.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

sabretache5611

Quote from: Icefire on July 07, 2011, 05:06:36 AM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 07, 2011, 04:29:13 AM
Total agreement. He was awesome and I was sad when he died.
same here.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Scragg the Weasel

Cuthbert Frunks death is sad because of his daughter, Rose of Noonvale.... need I say more, Finbarr Galedeep, Cregga, Veil, i also think its sad when thura dies such a horrible death, and I absolutely hated Cheesethief for Killing the great Scragg the Weasel... Just because he was better than him at everything! He was captain material that one.
Where do I sign?

Scragg the Weasel

Also i absolute bally have to mention Urthstripe and Luke. Heroes everlasting... Enough Said
Where do I sign?

Shellhound

My two top sad moments are:
1. Rose dying in MTW :'(
2. Finbarr dying in Bellmaker
Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.
The law of Badger Lords
Lord Brocktree

ilovemariel

Rose dying :'(
Viel dying :-[
I actually cried my head off because of that
Old stories told by travellers, Great songs that bards have sung, Of Mossflower summers, faded, gone, When Redwall's stones were young. Great Hall fires on winter nights,
The legends, who remembers,Battles, banquets, comrades, quests,Recalled midst glowing embers.Draw close now, little woodlander

daskar666

Nothing.

Nightfire

(sob) wh-when R-rose d-d-dies. (sob) (puts face in paws)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Log-a-Log

Another sad moment is in the-SPOILER- Rogue Crew when Swiffo dies. He was so young
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lutra

I'm with popular opinion on this one: the death of Rose of Noonvale, after all that was accomplished, Martin loses the one he worked with and made him what he became.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra