News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Taylor Swift

Started by Redwall Musician, February 21, 2012, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

I know not everybody likes Taylor Swift, but I've seen a few of my fellow Redwall forum members mention liking her, so if you like Taylor Swift, come here!
She is one of my favorite singers. I have her Speak Now CD and listen to her often on the radio. Some of my favorite songs by her are Love Story, Story of Us, Sparks Fly, Our Song and... so many more!
She is more of a "country-pop" singer, but you can totally tell that songs like Mean are country. Most of her earlier songs were more "country", but I like her newer songs too.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Bragoon

I've only heard a few of her songs.  I think she's a great singer, but most of her stuff isn't really my cup of tea. 

Although one of her newer songs, performed with The Civil Wars, is fantastic.  I can't remember the name off the top of my head.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Lutra

My opinion of her...she writes good songs that actually are quite popular with her target audience, I'll give her credit for that.

However, her singing ability leaves much to be desired.  Look up some of her live performances on youtube, and you'll see what I mean.  Its apparent the studio recordings make her sound much better than she really is.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

I like her, I know some don't, and that's okay. Everyone has opinions. I love her latest album, Speak now.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lily

Quote from: Bragoon on February 21, 2012, 07:23:16 PM
Although one of her newer songs, performed with The Civil Wars, is fantastic.  I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Are you talking about Safe and Sound? That's about the limit of my Taylor Swift knowledge, I only know about it because it's going to be on the Hunger Games soundtrack.

She's not really my cup of tea, but I do really like Safe and Sound.

Wolfstar

I like some of her music.  And did you know she is in a movie thats coming to theaters this weekend.
Happy and kind.

Mad Maudie

she actually is in a couple movies and i kn ow she is voicing a girl in 'The Lorax' which is coming out soon. i love her songs Enchanted, The story of us, You belong with me, haunted, Love story, back to December....
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~