News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

i wanna write a book

Started by rakkety tam, February 29, 2012, 05:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

ok so i wanna write a book and i want it to have pictures and i cant draw or anything i aoint even good at making up storys so i was hoping some of u guys could help me its gonna be about kind of a superhero who can control like your nerves and read your mind and he can control his muscels and stuff to make them stronger and stuff but he wont go by the strict code of superheros of no killing i already know waht his little logo thing will be it will be a hand and his costume will  be all black and red and his mask will kind of ne like a knights helmat except without all of the meddal and the sliding thing so it will basicly cover his mouth and ears but not his eyes i havnt thought of his weakness but i thought up his arch enemy a evil scientist who is in like the center of a robot contrtolling it so he cant use his power if anyone has an idea on how to make it better or something anything realy let me know in this thread and if u draw something that u think would go in this would u plz if u want send me it and it will be a little bit in the future like 2100
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Ceteruler

well, I can't draw, and I don't want to sound mean or anything, but that whole post is one sentence and I could hardly read it.

redwallgurl

yeah basically i am the same as ceteruler and wish i could help bt my intrest isnt really in superheros
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Bragoon

First thing you should do is work extra hard at English.  Perhaps ask for extra homework or some study ideas to help you get to know your grammar, vocabulary, and prose better. 

Next, you should spend a long time (I mean a year or two) writing out short stories so that you can get to know your character better.  As you go along, you may realize that you like certain things about him better than others, and that you really don't like certain aspects of him.  It'll help you keep your character's story straight.  An immediate example is of the first Redwall book compared with others - Mr. Jacques wrote about several things in Redwall that he never mentioned again.  This sort of thing bothers some people a lot, and you'll feel better about your story. 

Thirdly, be patient.  Work out all the details of all of your characters first, don't be in a rush to finish. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

GeminyaTome

Tips to Help Your Writing

There are two ways to get a story going:
Plan out the whole story from front cover to back cover.
Just write as it comes.
I have experience with both, and can't decide which is better. It's really a personal choice.
Have two or three stories going at the same time! This is especially helpful if you're just writing as it comes. When you go dry, go the the next one.
Make a goal. You have your story planned out. Say, "I want to get to the part where the main character meets ________." You have a place where, once you get there, you feel good about it. You've made it this far, now go ahead.
Ask other readers/writers to read it and ask for suggestions. There have been MANY circumstances where I have been stuck, asked and had a dream come true!
Read your old stories. I know they are the worst. I know you wish they were never written! But READ them and look for the good in them. See where you need to improve. Find the weak points, and the strong ones. Build off of those.
Read! Just reading other books, or novels, will help you. Reading really is an amazing help when writing.
Find your writing style. Some are VERY descriptive, other HATE long paragraphs of just description. Find your style, and find books of both! Maybe you read one way, but write the other. Try both ways; do whatever.
Find Writing Tools. Planing out stories can be hard, but using a planner can really help. Use a thesaurus, then you aren't stuck trying to figure out what is a better word for "like."
Plan out your characters. Get to know them. Pretend they are your best friend! If you know your characters, they will develop themselves. Use a character sketch and really plan them out.
Forget about writing the first chapter eloquently the first time! The first chapter is always hard. Just get it down on paper and go on. Come back when you're ready and it will be easy as pie!
Remember, there will be many drafts, many redos, many changes. Don't get frustrated when the editor, or friends, tell you that a part needs work, or, even harder, that YOU need practice! They are on your side and are trying to help you. It's just as hard to tell a friend they need to work on something, than to receive the news.
Know your audience.  Some find this difficult, or unhelpful, but it can help. If you know your audience is not going to worry about having the word "good," on one page THREE times, then you won't be as strict about it. It will make your life a whole lot easier. I normally just write, and discover my audience. Your choice.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Skipper

i am currently writing a fanfic and straight away i planned what the story would be like; and now im planning all the characters; im also reading alot of books for more ideas and a better vocabulary