News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Arctic

Started by Criya, March 17, 2012, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Criya

Plot
A company of arctic animals has come from the north and is in Mossflower, nearing Redwall abbey. The woodlanders don't know what to think of them. Meanwhile a new threat is on the horizon. A massive horde of rats, foxes, stoats ,and even some mice! The horde is so huge that the Redwallers don't know what to think. The mice in Redwall abbey are being betrayed by other woodlanders who live there, seeing that resistance is futile. Meanwhile the brave animals of the Arctic and a few daring woodlanders will embark on a journey to brave the perilous ice and bring back reinforcements larger than badgers!

The horde is a democracy but is counseled by a select group of vermin and mice, while, surprisingly, is lead ultimately by a mouse-fox hybrid named "Mouseface the Sly". Others call him "Mouseface the Tyrant" or "Mouseface the Slaver" or even... "Mouseface the Cannibal", since he has been known to eat mouse with his advisors.

The People

Arctic Animals

Polar Bear: Bjorn Kindridsson (Criya)
Skuas: Ragnar Sharpbeak (Criya),
Arctic foxes: Stycamoar Icewall (Criya),
Snowy Owls: Chrisdale (Troy Troodon),

Woodlanders

Redwall abbey dwellers:
Squirrels: Ashe (danflorreguba)
Traitors: (OPEN)

Vermin

Mouseface: OPEN, but will be bunnied
Counsel: OPEN
Horde:
Wolf: Coldheart (Galedeep).
Loners:
Mouse: Barbossa Sparra (AbbotAlf0805)

LET THE RP BEGIN
Criya's never to be trusted. No matter HOW pursuasive she is.
"I'm going to be your friend and hug you, and love you, and- OH! Look! Your head!"

Troy Troodon

Polar Bears Eh?....hmm, well shouldn't there be a sign-up list first?
So what if I'm crazy? Atleast I admit my insanity.

Criya

I'm making the OOC as we speak. ^^
"I'm going to be your friend and hug you, and love you, and- OH! Look! Your head!"

gorath

Hmmm Ok. I will be an abbey dweller. I am a young squirrel of about twelve seasons, and I dream of being a fighter, like Martin the Warrior. Sometimes, when no one is looking, I sneak into Great Hall and practise swordfighting with the sword. I am male, and my great, great, great Grandmother is Trisscar Swordmaid.
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Criya

OOC: Okay, and what will your name be?

BIC:
Deep inside Mossflower, a band of strange animals made their way through the woodlands. Their leader, a Polar Bear larger than the largest badger lord, distainfully looked at her blade. Stycamoar Icewall, and Arctic fox, was complaining.
"Why are all the poor woodlanders frightened of me? I'm just a fox. Everyone back home thinks I'm beautiful!" Stycamoar cried.
"Mebbe 'tis because all foxers in these parts is vermin!" Ragnar commented, honing her cutlass on a rock. "They ain't been nice to nobeast in their snotty liddle lives. Tuh. Mebbe they needs a good tase o' Gran'ma Ragwin's spicy snowstew. Their mouths'll burn right off, an' no more mean words'll be cummin outta their mouths."
"Oh, please. Don't make fun of their sissy little taste buds. I betcha they couldn't take a teaspoon o' my homemade Arctic cordial," Stycamoar replied, inspecting her coat for dirt and vermin blood.
"Friends, friends, please calm down. Vermin probably couldn't even bear the smell of our delicious spice pies." Bjorn, the Polar Bear, said.
They all laughed. "Yep. Those'd put an otter's 'otroot ter shame. Tah, sissy liddle otters 'aint ever tasted real spice afore. Arctic spices be the 'ottest spices ever." Ragnar laughed.
The company continued on in this manner for some while, until they started to see the abbey in the distance.

AbbotAlf0805

"C'mon you lily livered slime! Get a move on! We need to find that !?&@$@! Mouseface!" yelled
Cap'n Barbossa Sparra and his ship, The Black Abbey. They were headed for the river Moss.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Galedeep

Crack!

Coldheart barely rolled out of the iron hammer that came swinging down. The wolf winced at the large crack in the solid rock floor of the Salamandastron's legendary forge. Bloodforge the badger lord raised the weapon, gave a fearsome roar and charged. Coldheart gave a remorseful  half-smile, truly this badger was a worthy  warrior. Behind him he heard the door burst open followed by the clattering of wood and an officers sharp tone:

"Take aim!"

Coldheart's mind moved quickly as Bloodforge barraled towards him and the officer gave a second order:

"Fire !"

Time itself seemed to slow as the Long patrol's arrows left their bows and the Badger lord lifted his hammer for the killing blow. Completely focusing on the moment, he leaped and somersaulted over Bloodforge and made a three point landing behind him. In short order the badger was riddled with arrows, the hares shouted out in shock. Coldheart turned and was surprised to see  Bloodforge still  alive, granted stumbling about like a drunk. With no hesitation, the wolf grabbed a heavy spear from one of the weapon racks, and ran him through from back to chest. As the badger finnally collapsed and breathed his last, Coldheart whispered in his ear, "Tell my father , I killed you in honrable battle."

Wasting no more time, the assassin unlimbered his bow and fired three arrows in quick succession, felling three of the seven hares accordingly. He readied another arrow, but the other four four hares had snapped back to their senses, drawn their sabres, and charged at him yelling war cries. Coldheart dropped his bow and dodged the first thrust then lunged foward and stabbed the surprised hare in the forehead with the remaining arrow. The wolf twisted around just in time to leap over a low swing, landed and punched the second hare in the jaw with a swift uppercut, wrenched the sabre from his hands quickly stabbing him in the chest with his own blade. Coldheart drew it out just in time to block another blow, the blades grinded against one another. He flicked his wrist, producing a small blade, which he used to lunge forward and stab his opponent in the chest. He turned, expecting to see another warrioir for him to face, instead what met his eyes was a quaking hare that barely clung to his sword.

"Wh-wha-what are you?" He whimpered

The wolf sneered and simply said, "Flee here if you wish to live."

The sabre clattered on the ground and the hare ran back into the dark halls of Salamandastron. Coldheart sighed and strode toward the window. The view there was incredible, one could see for miles around, but more importantly, he could see the Long Patrol arrayed for battle below. The wolf took out a bright red flag an began waving it. From their hiding places in the dunes, the horde emerged and began their charge. Taken by surprise, the hares attempted to get into formation, but the sleeping potion Coldheart had placed in their drinks this morning had begun to take effect, leaving many stumbling about and some outright collapsing. The few who tried to stand their ground, without a leader to inspire them, quickly fell before the horde.

In the middle of it all Coldheart could see a sick, twisted figure cackling at the carnage; Mouseface the Cannibal!

Criya

Meanwhile in Mossflower, sometime during late evening, the Arctic creatures were stopping to have supper. Bjorn and Ragnar gathered the neccesary supplies from their packs and the surrounding woodlands. Stycamoar (who preferred being called Icewall) was brewing the ingredients together.
As they were eating, Bjorn nudged Icewall gently and whispered, "Sing us an Arctic ditty. My voice is rough as gravel. Bears aint meant to sing. Ragnar o'er there 'as got 'er face in the soup pot. Besides, you're the prettiest singer in all the Arctic."
"Aww, Bjorn. You're sweet. But everyone knows it's just because my voice resonates with the ice crystals." Icewall said.
Bjorn snorted. "Huh. There's ice crystals everywhere in the air. So tiny you can't see them. Your voice would still resonate," the Bear said gently.
"Ahh, did summun say Icewall was gonna sing? Ahh, pretty lass, sing us the Melody Of Passing Snow. That was a good 'un," hiccuped Ragnar, pulling her head out of the cauldron so fast she fell flat on her back.
Seeing that resistance was futile (especially against Ragnar), Icewall readied herself to sing.
"Ha-de-da-ah, ha-de-da-aah,
ha-de-da-ah, ha-de-da-aah!
When the wind blows,
Over tundra,
Snow is passing,
Never stopping!
See the sun rise,
Behind the snow,
Begin the day,
Everybeast knows.

In the eye of the storm,
Snow is gently swirling down,
All around the snow is gleaming,
See the beautiful winter day!

When the storm,
Passes over,
Smell the scent of,
Ocean water!
Babe and dibbuns,
Do come running,
To dive headfirst in,
Snow fresh fallen!

La-de-da-hah, la-de-da-hah!
La-de-da-hah, la-de-da-hah!

When the song ended, even the birds did not sing. Of course, Ragnar never sung anything but fast-paced songs about being drunk. Icewall's voice always turned heads. Although, this time, a bloodstained haremaid came stumbling out of the woods and collapsed onto Bjorn.

AbbotAlf0805

I'll have ye guts for Balts if ye don't get a move on!" yelled Barbossa Sparra as his ship docked at the mouth of the river Moss. "Get the longboats!" then his crew got out longboats and threw them in the water. There were about four of them and each could fit five men. Barbossa got in one and said, "Let's go me harteys!!!"
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Criya

"Woah!" Bjorn said, astonished at the haremaid in her lap. "Where did you come from?"
"Badger lord! Dead! Salamandastron taken! Redwall Abbey! Help!" The haremaid gasped.
"Look! Bjorn!" Ragnar pointed with a feather at a gash in the haremaid's side. "Poor maid. That's too deep ta heal."
"Whoever did this will die. What is your name, young hare?" Icewall asked.
"Maraia," the haremaid whispered.
"Rest in peace, Maraia. We'll avenge your death. We will go to Redwall Abbey, and then to our homelands. We will bring back the wrath of Svalbard and all of its warriors." Bjorn promised. She laid the haremaid in a patch of flowers and picked the only rose, scraped off its thorns, and gave it to Maraia. "Travel to the Shining Afterlife quickly, brave warrior."
The three leaders of the company of Arctic animals gave Maraia a proper Arctic ceremony.
"May the forces of Ice," Bjorn began.
"Water," Icewall added.
"And Air," said Ragnar.
"Speed your journey to the Shining Afterlife." The three said in unison.
The company all stood there together for what seemed like an eternity until Maraia finally died. A smile on her face and a rose in her hands.
"TO REDWALL!" Bjorn shouted. They all set a swift pace towards the Abbey.

AbbotAlf0805

Barbossa and his crew landed on the shore and Barbossa said, "To Redwall!"

Criya

Far to the north, the band of Arctic animals reached the abbeygates.
"Here we are. Huh. Not nearly as impressive as Svalbard, but it is indeed a sight to see." Bjorn rumbled.
"Tah, I 'ope there's an 'otroot-scoffin'-otter in there," comented Ragnar, whipping out a sack of potent Arctic weeds and herbs. "I'll spice 'im up so much 'e won't be able to cry for 'is mummy."
"Please, wait until we get inside, Ragnar." Icewall complained, nudging her.
"Ahh, fine."
Bjorn looked up at the walltop. "Ho! Anyone home? We are travelers seeking refuge!" She shouted. A moment later a mouse appeared over the ramparts wearing round glasses.
"Dear me! Abbes! Abbes!" He called, startled by the combination of massive bear, white fox, and rogueish skua.

Skyblade

(I'm gonna join this RP. I put my character's description in the OOC. Thanks, and please tell me if I'm accepted)
(Also, I was thinking...if I'm accepted of course...well this is kinda a rip-off off the book Salalmandastron but I went ahead and read the RP so far and I thought that my character, Silverstorm can be the adopted daughter of lord Bloodforge, so when he's killed she seeks revenge...?)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Galedeep

Quote from: Skyblade on June 14, 2012, 12:41:10 PM
(I'm gonna join this RP. I put my character's description in the OOC. Thanks, and please tell me if I'm accepted)
(Also, I was thinking...if I'm accepted of course...well this is kinda a rip-off off the book Salalmandastron but I went ahead and read the RP so far and I thought that my character, Silverstorm can be the adopted daughter of lord Bloodforge, so when he's killed she seeks revenge...?)
OOC: This sounds like a cool idea, I can't wait to see her in action.

The hammer fell with a loud clang in the makshift council circle formerly known as the hares mess hall.

"The honorable Lord Bloodforge is dead," Coldheart's crisp, solemn tone rang through the hall. the council stared at the hammer in silence, then from the highest chair a disturbingly mouse-like fox spat his rancid saliva on it.

"May he burn on the cook fires tonight." Mouseface cackled.

Coldheart grimaced, "This warrior deserves an honrable burial on the land he owned, not cooked for the sake of your own gluttony... Warlord"

Mouseface snorted and said in a nonchalant tone, "Does anyone agree with the assassin's sentement?"

The councilmembers shifted uncomfortbly and said nothing.

"Be warned, honrable members of the council, I only work for you until my debt is paid" Coldheart said flatly and left the room, seeming to leave a chill behind him

"Now that he's gone, we can focus on that little matter of Redwall... but first," Mouseface cacled and licked his lips, "Dinner"

Skyblade

OOC:
^^ @Galedeep I like the style of your RP writing. I have to wait for Criya to approve me before I join, right?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!