News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Forbidden Tales (Chapter 7 Full chapter - Yogroth's Identity - 9/25/11)

Started by AakashB, June 30, 2011, 04:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 16, 2011, 07:22:04 AM
And the oil thing sounds a bit much
Well, if it sounds a little cruel, remember that the Redwallers did a very similar thing in Redwall, when they killed poor Darkclaw and the troops with him with boiling water.

The engineering isn't out of there either; levers and such did exist in the Middle Ages, and earlier, which is about the time this took place.
« Subject to editing »

Captain Tammo

You raise a good point Mr. gryphon
2 questions for the author?
1. Is the oil contraption built into the stone? Or is it separate?
2. When's the next chapter coming out? I'd love to see it!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

AakashB

Put up the preview. It will be of the start of the Long Patrol's march and you'll get to see Yogroth again  :o

Captain Tammo

Tiria Wildlough

Lookin' good! ;D ;D ;D
But I forget, what is the Long Patrol going to fight against?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

AakashB

Thank you for the compliments!

@Captain Tammo, the oil contraption is built over the walls.

@Tiria, the Long Patrol is going to Redwall, where the scouts said they sighted thousands of vermin.

AakashB

Now you get to see the machine in action!

Captain Tammo

I like the twist you put on history at the end

Tiria Wildlough

One question. If Vauz really had his arm crushed by Yogroth, wouldn't he be feeling a lot more pain?  ???
Just wondered!   ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

James Gryphon

I have to say chapter 4 is where the tone of the story really changed, for me...

The introduction, with the Abbot mole, was interesting and I expected business as usual with the stoats.

When they first started speaking, though, is where things started to get just a bit off... and when Sheryl started to put her dastardly plan into action, I started to feel maybe just a little bit uneasy.

What they ended up doing was definitely a surprise, and struck me as being incredibly cold... and Moxor, instead of just being useless, I consider to be like a villain now, albeit one still in training.

I have to say that this story has put me on the side of the "vermin", and caused me to hope that Durja is able to get revenge on the Abbey -- as unusual and awful as that might sound.
« Subject to editing »

AakashB

Yea, I'm really intrigued by Sheryl's character. She is the one who's read the attempted invasions of Redwall so many times, that she doesn't even think twice about destroying the vermin immediately. In this case, they were truly being honest, but I guess that trait doesn't fit well with her image of them. That, and seeing how pessimistic she is, I wonder how she would treat an invasion if it happened.

And Moxor is being blinded by the valor of being a hero. It really has to do more with being strong minded rather than being strong pawed. It will be interesting to see where he goes to.

AakashB