Main Menu

Wooden Swords

Started by MatthiasMan, July 08, 2012, 05:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Cool, show us your collection!

Redwaller

W0NWILL

I'm going to make one, a rapier. As soon as I can get a branch, I hate where I live, there's only one, stunted tree in the property.

Arvanna the Rogue

QuoteCool, show us your collection!

I won't post all the pictures since there's quite a few and I don't want to clog up anyone's computer, but here you go :) in all I have twenty-nine weapons: nine swords (one of which is a wooden version of Martin's), ten daggers, four Sgian Dubhs, two cutlasses, one dirk, one axe, one bayonet, and one knife. All but the aforementioned wooden sword are real.

My Redwall Fansite
"I will lay a place at our table for you and hope you can join us, if not in body, then in the world of your imagination, where you can visit us any time."
RIP Brian Jacques. You are now in your beloved Redwall Abbey.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Arvanna the Rogue on July 15, 2012, 08:59:02 PM

I won't post all the pictures since there's quite a few and I don't want to clog up anyone's computer, but here you go :) in all I have twenty-nine weapons: nine swords (one of which is a wooden version of Martin's), ten daggers, four Sgian Dubhs, two cutlasses, one dirk, one axe, one bayonet, and one knife. All but the aforementioned wooden sword are real.

Cool collection!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rusvul

is a sghain dubh the same thing as a slagen durh? i know they are either the same thing or both scottish knives. also the sabre is EPIC i am working on a pair of twin basket hilted short sabres with one sheath each. its going to take a long time.
EDIT: they are, from what i can tell, the same. but there are literally no results on google that refer to a slagen durgh knife.
EDIT #2: a slaghen dur is shorter, literally shorter than your index finger, only about an inch long. sghain dubhs are slightly longer.
EDIT(again): you may have already known this.

MatthiasMan

Dude those swords are awesome. I won't post any because right now I'm having them collected deep in our woods in the backyard. Next to a creek.

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Vilu Daskar

WONWILL's dads swords.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

W0NWILL

MatthiasMan

OK guys I made a sheath for my sword. I need to fix the end though. It kinda broke off a bit.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Arvanna the Rogue on July 15, 2012, 08:59:02 PM

Teach me how to acquire these things, Master Arvanna!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

Awesome swords! I have to get some!

MatthiasMan

(Wish I could post more. I've been banned from all electronics but I'm sneaking some posts on my DS.) Those swords are very interesting. Did you buy them online?