News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Most Certifiably Insane Villain (We're Talkin' NUTS, People!)

Started by White One6193, July 17, 2012, 12:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarriorOfMossflower

Personally, I think it's a threeway tie between Slagar, Cluny, and Gabool.
Slagar, as somebody said before, was clever but delusional. Mostly delusional.
Cluny was also a mastermind to begin with, but he mentally deteriorated over the course of the book. And towards the end I think he became schizophrenic. (Redwall page 327: "The voices had told him he would never again see the warrior after the sun set upon this day.")
Gabool, judging by White One's reasoning on the first page, was definitely and undeniably insane. It's been too long since I read Mariel of Redwall to give much real evidence myself, but I do remember parts such as Gabool throwing his one and only possible maker of the bell he so desired out the window.
But these are just opinions. I think a lot of Redwall villains were never straight in the head.

Edit: *belltower, sorry. I told you my Mariel of Redwall facts are rusty.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Romsca

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 15, 2013, 06:49:04 PM
Umm... Rom, you're not a villain, but I think you might be a little insane...

2+2=5 ;D

HELP!!! DID I JUST SAY THAT?!

Anyway, I don't think I'm as crazy as Rainy ;) :P

The Shade

Pesonlly I think HiaG is nuts........ anyway back to the topic.

Yeah Gabool was insane. Completly insane.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye tae boz. Ah am nutz, an' Gabool vaz indeed completely an' utterly inzane. Did ah mention 'e vaz daft tae boot?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ferrousferret

Either Gabool, or the queen from High Rhulain are the winners. I don't think anyone else became a certifiable threat to their own safety.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vot aboot Gulo ze zavage? 'e vaz juzt aboot entirely mad az vell.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 30, 2013, 07:06:13 PM
Vot aboot Gulo ze zavage? 'e vaz juzt aboot entirely mad az vell.
Yes especially when he ate his enemies.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Cannibalizm iznae quite az mad az ye zink it iz. Zere are zeveral creaturez vho vill eat zere ovn kind. Vot iz mad aboot it 'ovever, iz ze reazonz be'ind vhy Gulo ate ozerz; alzough 'e couldnae really be called a cannibal, az 'e never really ate a volverine, alzough it might 'ave 'appened an' ah juzt dinnae remember it. 'e probably could be called vone zough becauze unlezz ah'm miztaken 'e vaz plannin' on eatin' 'iz brozer Askor vho took ze Valkin' Ztone.

Mariel

Quote from: Ferrousferret on June 30, 2013, 05:26:12 PM
Either Gabool, or the queen from High Rhulain are the winners. I don't think anyone else became a certifiable threat to their own safety.
Gabbol went absolutely crazy, but the worst was Clogg did you hear the way he talked by the end of the book, I wouldn't have been suprised if after he ran out of creatures to bury so he buried himself alive!

Redwaller

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 01, 2013, 05:06:29 PM
'e probably could be called vone zough becauze unlezz ah'm miztaken 'e vaz plannin' on eatin' 'iz brozer Askor vho took ze Valkin' Ztone.
He did.

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: WarriorOfMossflower on June 15, 2013, 10:24:20 PM
Personally, I think it's a threeway tie between Slagar, Cluny, and Gabool.
Slagar, as somebody said before, was clever but delusional. Mostly delusional.
Cluny was also a mastermind to begin with, but he mentally deteriorated over the course of the book. And towards the end I think he became schizophrenic. (Redwall page 327: "The voices had told him he would never again see the warrior after the sun set upon this day.")
Gabool, judging by White One's reasoning on the first page, was definitely and undeniably insane. It's been too long since I read Mariel of Redwall to give much real evidence myself, but I do remember parts such as Gabool throwing his one and only possible maker of the bell he so desired out the window.
But these are just opinions. I think a lot of Redwall villains were never straight in the head.

Edit: *belltower, sorry. I told you my Mariel of Redwall facts are rusty.
Then again, the woodlanders are spoken to by Martin (normally just a voice) and they're not crazy...

@The Shade:  His name implies it.

I say Gabool is the most insane one, hands down.
baby turtle forever

Rusvul

Yeah. He went almost suicidal because of a bell. A bell.