News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lucid Dreams

Started by W0NWILL, July 30, 2012, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Has anyone here had a lucid dream? I'm working towards to having one. I'll let you know when I do. And if anyone here has had a lucid dream, tell me about it.

If you don't know about lucid dreams, look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

And here is a guide for how to have them: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-have-lucid-dreams.html

Redwallfan7

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 30, 2012, 08:59:23 PM
Has anyone here had a lucid dream? I'm working towards to having one. I'll let you know when I do. And if anyone here has had a lucid dream, tell me about it.

If you don't know about lucid dreams, look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

And here is a guide for how to have them: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-have-lucid-dreams.html
Those dreams sound awesome, wish I could have one like that.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

I had one before. I was very young. In fact, I know how to lucid dream. When I was very very young, I had a special suit, that was very powerful and could fly. I made it myself.

Tiria Wildlough

I have them sometimes.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

thats cool! ive never had any myself, working on it though!  what are they about? i want one where im at a redwall feast!

@redwallfan7, you can search  how to have lucid dreams. try to remmber your dreams, thats commonly said.

@everyone, excuse horrible grammer, using an onscreen keyboard

Dawnwing

I've had lucid dreams, though I haven't had any for quite some time, not since starting college (probably because I'm too tired and had stopped writing in my dream journal after crashing the car resulted in nightmares.  I really should start again). 

My tips:
- Get lots of sleep, at least 8 hrs per night. I only remember my dreams and lucid dream when I'm well rested.
- Keep a dream journal. This helps me more than anything. When you wake up every day, just write about what you dreamed about - it can be as vague as "something about school" or it can be a detailed, pages-long description (though I've had only a couple dreams THAT long and detailed)... just whatever you remember from it. When I keep up with mine, I tend to remember my dreams a lot better, and, better yet, I start to notice little details while I'm dreaming, which is important for my next tip.
- When you're dreaming, if you notice anything odd, think about it for a moment and that might make you realize you're dreaming. I read a book, for example, that suggested checking that shadows are on the correct side of things based on the light. I remember once noticing that movie tickets were priced way higher than they are in real life, and one time I thought "wait... of course I didn't miss that assignment, we already turned in that book for that class".
- You might want to check out some books about lucid dreaming. I think the most helpful to me was "The World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Dawnwing on July 31, 2012, 03:46:22 AM
I've had lucid dreams, though I haven't had any for quite some time, not since starting college (probably because I'm too tired and had stopped writing in my dream journal after crashing the car resulted in nightmares.  I really should start again). 

My tips:
- Get lots of sleep, at least 8 hrs per night. I only remember my dreams and lucid dream when I'm well rested.
- Keep a dream journal. This helps me more than anything. When you wake up every day, just write about what you dreamed about - it can be as vague as "something about school" or it can be a detailed, pages-long description (though I've had only a couple dreams THAT long and detailed)... just whatever you remember from it. When I keep up with mine, I tend to remember my dreams a lot better, and, better yet, I start to notice little details while I'm dreaming, which is important for my next tip.
- When you're dreaming, if you notice anything odd, think about it for a moment and that might make you realize you're dreaming. I read a book, for example, that suggested checking that shadows are on the correct side of things based on the light. I remember once noticing that movie tickets were priced way higher than they are in real life, and one time I thought "wait... of course I didn't miss that assignment, we already turned in that book for that class".
- You might want to check out some books about lucid dreaming. I think the most helpful to me was "The World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Quote from: Dawnwing on July 31, 2012, 03:46:22 AM

My tips:

I might just do that!  Lucid dreaming sounds pretty interesting.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

I don't really dream anymore.  I have to work nights and sleep in the daytime, so my sleep is never quite right.  I'm essentially always tired.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Tiria Wildlough

I've had a couple of dreams where I can get myself to wake up. ;D
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

Here's an interesting fact: when I talk about something I love or have an Interest in, (especially when I tell other people what I'm interested in) I dream about it later. For example, yesterday I watched Mulan, so I had a dream about the movie Mulan they night.

Felldoh154

True, I watched lord of the rings when I was like 10 and dreamed nazgûl came to my house and killed me
:(

MatthiasMan

Topic please, lucid dreams, not dreams in general.

I had a lucid dream last night. I made myself fly from one side of the room to the other. In fact my dreams have always been very intensive so I know how to lucid dream.

Tiria Wildlough

Sometimes when I do something fun in a dream, I think, 'Let's do that again', and I do it. Does that count?
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

I don't think so, but I'm anything but an expert on lucid dreaming, but I've read that you need to be aware that your dreaming.