News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall on Kindle?

Started by Gonff, July 03, 2011, 01:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff

I was wondering, are any redwall books available on kindle?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Galedeep

Yes, but only about three or four I think.

Lily

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

sabretache5611

Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Gonff

Does anyone know if you can get the books that are on kindle on sony reader too?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Lily

I'm pretty sure you can buy some Redwall books in ePub format, which the Sony Reader supports. A quick google search should tell you. I only have a Kindle, so I can't be much help here I'm afraid.

Trisscar95

That would be so cool if there were!!!!!
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Lutra

If I had to buy a Redwall collection from scratch, and for a moment just imagine that you can get ahold of all the books on kindle, epub, or whatever and hardcopies of the books, used.

Used hard copies - $4-5 incl. shipping in most cases

Amazon kindle copies - $7.60 in most cases

At 22 books in the series, you spend roughly $50 to $80 more for digital versions!  ::)  Even if you love the Kindle to death, that's bad budgeting and economics to buy the digital copy when so many used copies are out there that you can buy for practically nothing.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Gonff

^True, if you can find the used ones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all for kindles. I don't even have one and I'm not sure if I would like it if I did.

Coobreedan

^
I know, it's not at all like a good old book. It is clever though.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Gonff

Yes, it is, and there are some books that you can get cheaper on a kindle.

Coobreedan

Another bad thing is you can't lend the book to someone, because then they have all of your books.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Muse

Yeah I guess. But still, I read a lot and when Im at school, I used to hate bringing two or three big books to school everyday. I mean, during my free period I read Salamandastron cover to cover, and the stayed after school for almost 3 hours! Kindles are really convenient. Though I do like the feel of paper bettter than plastic.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Mad Maudie

i almost one a kindle for free at my library reading auction i had the most reading points but i got there late thanks to a family members FB hate Facebook!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~