Shadow; Rat, Weasel or Wearat?

Started by Gingivere Greeneyes, August 02, 2012, 10:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Shadow was a rat, a weasel or a wearat?

Rat
15 (62.5%)
Weasel
5 (20.8%)
Wearat
4 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Gingivere Greeneyes

About the black creature in Cluny's horde who talked a bit like Gollum and sounded like he was stepping in dog mess.  ;D
In the book Redwall. It mentions that, 'No one knew if the Shadow was a rat or weasel.' This statement got me thinking a bit. Could he be a smaller variation of the Wearat we see in the 'Rouge crew'? Or is he just a black rat or weasel? So what are your thoughts on this? Do think the Shadow is a rat, weasel or a combination of both?
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

I say rat, Matthias called, "Stop that rat!" Or something like that.

Primrosewarrior

I axedentally did weasle but I meant rat.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Pretty sure he was a rat.  Even the people at Nelvana thought he was  a rat.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

GeminyaTome

Quote from: Gingivere Greeneyes on August 02, 2012, 10:01:54 PM
About the black creature in Cluny's horde who talked a bit like Gollum and sounded like he was stepping in dog mess.  ;D
In the book Redwall. It mentions that, 'No one knew if the Shadow was a rat or weasel.' This statement got me thinking a bit. Could he be a smaller variation of the Wearat we see in the 'Rouge crew'? Or is he just a black rat or weasel? So what are your thoughts on this? Do think the Shadow is a rat, weasel or a combination of both?

He couldn't possibly be a wearat. I'm pretty sure wearats are BIG. I mean bigger than badgers, big.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Orisse

I like rat more, but that's probably just because that's how I pictured him.
The biggest mistake ever made was neglecting the art of escape; for it is shunned and looked down upon as cowardice, just until the split second when its use is the vital variable between life and painful death.

Redwaller

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Thought it said he was a rat in the book. . . :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Norham Waterpaw

Wow, I always pictured him as a Weasel. Oops.   :P  ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Tam and Martin

Pretty sure he was a rat....though we never know!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

clunylooney

Cluny's Horde was entirely rats before he sent out parties to recruit new soldiers. It wouldn't make sense for Shadow to be a weasel when he was part of the horde before the recruitment parties brought in soldiers. Also, a wearat is supposed to be big and Shadow wasn't too big.

IMO, Shadow is a rat.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me