News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milady Scribe

:D We're taking over the Favorite Quotes and Favorite Songs topics, haha! Ah, you've exhausted the Makem and Clancy quotes I can recall easily now...
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Delthion

Ah...let's see here...

"You've got to have the 'Nyah' for this one you have to have the "Nya". *Diddeninya breaks out.* "My [insert filter] an epidemic in Dublin!"

"Now this is for all the women! Just the three lines! 'Holy mole me father loves Nikita Khrushchev Holy moly me.'"

"It's lovely to hear that chorus coming at ya, like singing in the john you know, it's lovely!" "What kind of a john have you?" "A great big one, with balconies!" ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Milady Scribe

Oh, yeah! There's one about wild oats...hang on....something like: "All the young women go out during the week and sow their wild oats, then go to church on Sunday and pray for a crop failure." :D

Agh, I would love to keep slinging Makem and Clancy quotes back'n'forth, but it's my bedtime. At least, I'm now having significant trouble typing out coherent sentences (seriously, I changed this one about twenty times before getting it right). G'night, Del!
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Delthion

That quote is word for word just so you know...except maybe for young. ;D Farewell! lD (See I can't even grin correctly! ;D)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Person in a crowd: If you could shapeshift, what would you turn into?
Sarah J. Maas: If I could shapeshift, I would shapeshift into God's finest creature... the velociraptor. You think I'm kidding, I'm not even kidding. At one of my events someone gave me a cuddly velociraptor and I named it Sarah Junior, and now I sleep with her every night.

Jesse: If you were a shapeshifter, what would be your favourite thing to shapeshift into?
Sarah: The most dignified of all creatures, the velociraptor.
Jesse: Really?
Sarah: Yes. I like love them.
Jesse: What would you do?
Sarah: I would like, run through kitchens and terrorise children and make them, like, run into the freezer or hide in little cupboards.
Jesse: Right.
Sarah: I would basically like reenact that classic family-friendly scene from Jurassic Park.

Her love of velociraptors is now my favourite thing about her.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

"Stop being dense, Wylan, you're cuter when you're smart."
~ Jesper Fahey, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Søren

Robot: [At the Octan loading bay] Who are you here to see?
Batman: I'm here to see... your butt!
Robot: Is that a last name Butt, first name Your...?
Robot: [Batman throws a Batarang at the Robot decapitating him] Oh, my gosh!
[Batman and Benny laugh then Batman throws another Batarangs at the gate button but fails to hit it]
Batman: Pow!
[he throws another which still doesn't hit it]
Batman: Wham!
[he throws another and misses again]
Batman: Kezap!
[he then repeatedly throws the Batarangs until it finally hits the button making it go green]
Batman: First try!

-The Lego Movie

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Milady Scribe

Heeheehee.

"I'm Batman"
Dean is currently in the possession of a magic rabbit's foot. Which apparently makes him Batman. ;D
[close]

Ashleg

"Like all prisoners, we have the right to escape!"
-Emperor, Tentacolino, 2004.

BlueRose

"You touch her and she is far more real than anything you have ever felt before. Cosmic particles of moon dust line her veins. For she is like the moon, you'll see her with a new face every day." -Unknown (some descriptive thing about Zodiac signs. This was part of Cancer's, and I had only read it because I'm Cancer, and it was pretty and I think it ought to be in a book somewhere.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Jetthebinturong

"In every age, and every world, the strong sharpen their fangs while the weak polish their wits."

"The two of us will live as the weak, fight as the weak, and defeat the strong as only the weak can!"

"Accept that because we were born with nothing, we can become anything!"

~ Sora, No Game, No Life

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

More Hitchhiker'z Guide Tae Ze Galaxy Quotez!

-There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

-It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

-"How can I tell," said the man, "that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

-The trouble with most forms of transport, he thought, is basically one of them not being worth all the bother. On Earth—when there had been an Earth, before it was demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass—the problem had been with cars. The disadvantages involved in pulling lots of black sticky slime from out of the ground where it had been safely hidden out of harm's way, turning it into tar to cover the land with, smoke to fill the air with and pouring the rest into the sea, all seemed to outweigh the advantages of being able to get more quickly from one place to another—particularly when the place you arrived at had probably become, as a result of this, very similar to the place you had left, i.e. covered with tar, full of smoke and short of fish.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Søren

"It's one of the most emotionally powerful songs on the record, its extremely difficult subject to talk about, its hard to explain, its one of those songs that you just have to hit play and hope they understand you... it's really just about saying I can do this alone, sometimes I just have to be strong and I can make it. I wanna live."
-Gerard Way talking about the song Famous Last Words by My Chemical Romance

I'm retired from the forum