News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The video game topic

Started by Matthias720, June 15, 2011, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Go on. You know you want to share your inner video game geekiness with everyone. ;D Whether you like console games or computer games, discuss your passion for the electronic arts. 8)

My personal favorites when it comes to computer games are Chex Quest, the Tradewinds series, the Aveyond series, Minecraft, and anything by Nifflas.

The Lady Shael

Portal and the Phoenix Wright series! And Ghost Trick. :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Mariel

I only play one video game, an online computer game called "Poptropica".  It's a very creative virtual world where you create a character and go on adventures.  Poptropica is both appropriate and challenging for all ages.  I strongly recommend it to anyone with too much time on their hands...which is pretty much anyone who is reading this.  (Come on, let's face it, you're on a literary forum.)  

Poptropica is a really popular site, so most likely everyone knows about it.  To be frank, I just wanted to post about it first.

Matthias720

@Lady S: Portal? Great game. Have you played 2 yet?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

My favorite computer games (computer=pretty much all I have myself):
Cyan Worlds's games in general, specifically Uru and the Myst Series.
Crysis (awesomest fts ever, Minecraft.
Was addicted to Runecraft for a couple months at one point, haven't played since.
Strategy games as well, including the awesomest of them all, Civilization III.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 15, 2011, 07:42:24 PM
@Lady S: Portal? Great game. Have you played 2 yet?

Nope I haven't finished it yet. I started but haven't had time to sit down and play through the rest.

Astrognash

**cracks knuckles**

Let's see... I'm a big fan of Sid Meier's Civilization series of games. I also play The Sims, Roller Coaster Tycoon, SimCity 4, and... does RedwallMUCK count? I think it does. I mean, sure, it's not video per se, but if you think about it, all the text is just pictures (i.e. visual, ergo video) on a screen.
"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire
"How great in number are the little minded men." - Titus Maccius Plautus
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Hi. I like Marching Band, Redwall, and Latin.

Matthias720

Quote from: Astrognash on June 15, 2011, 08:13:02 PM
... does RedwallMUCK count? I think it does. I mean, sure, it's not video per se, but if you think about it, all the text is just pictures (i.e. visual, ergo video) on a screen.
It's electronic, so it counts. :)

The Lady Shael

Oh in that case my favorite game is Redwall:Warlords. XD

Actually I'm terrible at the game, I just stick around to admin the place and chat with people.

bubba8167

My favorite games are Final Fantasy 7, The Legend of Zelda; A link to the Past,  Star Fox SNES (or just about any rail shooter, for that matter)

Earlier today, I saw a video of a fan game of redwall which seemed like it would be interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgzsNUvHO5c
I'm new here.

Matthias720

Quote from: bubba8167 on June 15, 2011, 11:40:29 PM
Earlier today, I saw a video of a fan game of redwall which seemed like it would be interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgzsNUvHO5c
Intriguing. Good find, bubba. I think I will look into this in the future.

Osu

Lessee, I've played some of the Final Fantasy series and I recall being a diehard Kingdom Hearts fan back in high school. Mario Bros and Donkey Kong will always be the best, though! The original series, not that new 3D stuff they've been putting out for the wii and such.

Man, I'm old.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Bananagirl

I play lots of console games including Mario kart and smash bros, the only MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game to those who may not know that) i play  is LOTRO ( Lord Of the Rings Online). my brother plays portal and portal 2, i haven't played them my self but i want to play them soon.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Osu on June 16, 2011, 01:35:08 AM
Mario Bros and Donkey Kong will always be the best, though! The original series, not that new 3D stuff they've been putting out for the wii and such.

Man, I'm old.

I'm not old, but  my video games are. But the old ones are more awesome than the new ones. I play Super Mario, Super Smash Bros., and Legend of Zelda.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Matthias720

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 16, 2011, 02:27:26 PM
Quote from: Osu on June 16, 2011, 01:35:08 AM
Mario Bros and Donkey Kong will always be the best, though! The original series, not that new 3D stuff they've been putting out for the wii and such.

Man, I'm old.

I'm not old, but  my video games are. But the old ones are more awesome than the new ones. I play Super Mario, Super Smash Bros., and Legend of Zelda.
Good choices! Those are ones I like, as well. :)