News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance: Land

Started by Rainshadow, October 27, 2012, 05:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

(OOC: I'm going to add a time jump in this post to keep things moving.  ;))

I say we stay 'ere till tomorrow.  We'll leave at dawn.

Rikkendo nodded seriously and turned to Tia and her friend.

"Well, if we're not leaving until morning I guess that gives us a little more time. Perhaps we should plan on having dinner together? Then it will be time to pack up the supplies!"

Well, ye can count me in on this.  I'm goin' with ye!

The would be warrior felt better to know that not only one but two stout otters would be coming along.

"Aye, sounds like we're in for adventure."

The next morning dawned with a damp mist clinging to the abbey lawns and every beasts whiskers. Rikkendo exited his dormitory and hefted a simple pack onto his shoulders. It contained various supplies needed for the trip to the sea.

He came outside, looking about for the other travelers.

Rainshadow

OOC:  Thanks.

BIC:  Avalanche was well rested, and he felt very good.  Taking his haversack full of food, he walked out of his room and headed to the front gate.  He saw Rikkendo and jogged over to him.  "G'mornin' to ye."

Tempest hadn't slept very well, but she knew she had to get up.  Like everyone else, she too had a sack that held the food they needed.  Picking it up, she swung it over her shoulder and went outside, careful not to wake anybeast up.  She met with Rikkendo and Avalanche.  "Hello," she said.  "We just waitin' for whoever else's gonna come?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

"Where are you all going?" asked Featherwood walking up to them with his friends Terra and Lusiphi.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

"We're goin' to save the hares that were captured by pirates," Avalanche declared.  "You comin'?"
  Tempest hoped that they would come.  They needed as many beasts as possible in order to free the hares.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: Can we wait till redwallgurl and danflorreguba have posted?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

OOC:  Yes, because that question was sort of directed towards them.  (Redwallgurl is Terra and Dan is Lusiphi, right?)

Dannflower Reguba

Lusiphi covered his ears and shook his head violently, but started to laugh, "I'm here for 10 seconds and I meet two of the nicest otters I know, and asked to join a quest I know nothing about!" The rowdy otter grinned before asking, "Just what is this quest?"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Avalanche smiled at Lusiphi.  This otter might just be a good friend to have around, he thought.
 Clearing his throat, Avalanche said, "Well, Churrup, a liddle robin, told us that there're some 'ares that got captured by pirates.  We're goin' to go free 'em."
  He held out his paw to shake the otter's.  "My name's Avalanche, by the way."

redwallgurl

Terra was horrified that other creatures would be slaved and captured. Definetly wanting to help but scared to leave her Abbey, she decided to come along. Putting on a brave face she said,"I'll come too then."
Fun. is a fantastic band.

BrookSkimmer

Rikkendo hiked his haversack up further onto his back and nodded at all those around him. There certainly were going to be a lot of otters on this quest! That was a good thing. Otters were strong and helpful, and could make things much more fun.

The mouse checked one more time to make sure everything was secure and then began to walk out of the abbey. It was time to go save some good beasts!

OOC: I think we should make the next few posts about leaving the Abbey and travel down to the coast. This will give our characters time to get to know each other.

Rainshadow

OOC:  Has everyone that's going shown up?  I'm trying to give a little headcount, but I can't remember how many people are going along.  I'll just check the OOC page after this, I guess.

BIC:  Avalanche kept pace with the mouse, watching him out of the corner of his eye.  "So," he began, "Rikkendo.  Interestin' name.  Is it a family name or somethin'?"
 Tempest had been walking a little behind Avalanche, taking a quick look at the Abbey before stepping out.  She knew she probably wouldn't be seeing it for a while.  "Goodbye, Redwall," she whispered.  "Goodbye, Martin."

OOC:  Okay, I checked, and we're missing quite a few.  Acorn, Milo, Tia, Leisa, Cobble and Silverstorm still need to show up.

Skyblade

OOC: Sorry for not posting in a while. I had a computer ban for a few days. ( Should've gotten better grades :P)

BIC: Silverstorm was a creature of adventure. She burned with rage at the thought of other beasts being enslaved and was one of the first to volunteer for the trip. The badger carried her haversack easily on her broad shoulders and immediately walked to the front of the group. She didn't know who was leading but she liked being in the front.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

redwallgurl

Rushing back inside the abbey Terra called over her shoulder,"Wait for me, I'm off to get some supplies!"
The swift otter dsappeared into the Abbey sprinting for the kitchens.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

BrookSkimmer

"Rikkendo.  Interestin' name.  Is it a family name or somethin'?

Rikkendo nodded to the otter as Avalanche questioned him on his name. "Tis actually quite a long story behind that. Perhaps we can talk about it as we travel?"

Acorn walked across the Abbey lawns, noticing the group of beasts gathering at the gates. Where were they off to? The pretty squirrel came towards the group.

"Where are you all off to?"

Rikkendo answered her. "We're going to rescue some rabbits that have had a run in with some pirates. Care to come along?"

Acorn thought about it for a moment. "Yes, I'd like to come. I think Milo might want to as well. Where has he gotten to?" She looked around, hoping to see the squirrel bell ringer.
________

Rainshadow

"Tis actually quite a long story behind that.  Perhaps we can talk about it as we travel?"

Avalanche nodded.  "Aye, we could do that."
  Tempest watched Terra as she ran back to the Abbey.  "Hurry up, please!"  She shook her head slowly.  They were never going to leave if they had beasts popping up and then running off.  Sighing, she lifted her haversack up a little higher, trying to make it more comfortable.