who would win?

Started by Captain Tammo, July 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajc3000fox

Mad eyes maybe? his ability to put foes into a trance in deadly for sure. But beyond that he isn't THAT powerful.

Ferhago was a decent fighter, but despite it I don't think he would be that successful.

Zwilt was always seemed mighty 

"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

CrazyPug37

I'm not sure about Ferhago, he was cunning and all that, but he needed Klitch's help many times while attacking Salamandastron.

Many of this villains had seers and helpers that helped them a lot during the books, with Swartt Sixclaw's being his seer, Nightshade.

One of the cunningest villains of all was Vilu Daskar in the Legend of Luke; he was smart, strong, and was a good thinker.

Remember this is chess, a sport where you must have strategy and quick thinking, which makes it easy for many on- ground commanders, such as Cluny the Scourge in Redwall or Damug Warfang in the Long Patrol, to win, as have experience in that matter.  They would just have to relate the chess players to their own personal army, and they would probably succeed.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Ajc3000fox

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 06, 2013, 11:21:18 PM

Remember this is chess, a sport where you must have strategy and quick thinking, which makes it easy for many on- ground commanders, such as Cluny the Scourge in Redwall or Damug Warfang in the Long Patrol, to win, as have experience in that matter.  They would just have to relate the chess players to their own personal army, and they would probably succeed.
In the specific case that it is chess then I think the obvious winner in Slagar.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

Captain Tammo

It's pretty close right now! Surely a victor will emerge!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ajc3000fox on May 07, 2013, 12:36:53 AM
In the specific case that it is chess then I think the obvious winner in Slagar.

Yes!!! thats what I said!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Why isn't anybody voting for Ungatt Trunn besides me :'(? He would definautly win!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Captain Tammo

I personally think it's because Ungatt's power was more in his numbers than anything. You can't have great sacrifice in chess.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Captain Tammo on May 09, 2013, 11:50:59 AM
I personally think it's because Ungatt's power was more in his numbers than anything. You can't have great sacrifice in chess.
He had more than just power! He had true blue brains, unlike most other Wildcats in the series. Tsarmina went completely insain for some really weird reason, With nearly every single one of Riggu Felis's plans there was some flaw, but not with Ungatt Trunn; He cept his cool even when he was loosing the battle. Thats why I think that he would win.

Romsca

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 09, 2013, 06:06:37 PM
He had true blue brains, unlike most other Wildcats in the series.

Literally! ;D

Blazemane

*Imagines all the villains trying to share one chess board...* What kinds of rules would you need to play that way, I wonder?

But, tournament. If we can assume in the first place that Ulbaz Mad Eyes wouldn't be able to literally control the other players (something like jedi mind tricks only working on weak minds), then I would say Cluny the Scourge, beating Slagar in the championship match.

Slagar was able to construct incredibly elaborate plans and keep them moving well enough to avoid destruction until the very end. He basically... got to where he was going, the heroes caught up to him and then they proved strong enough to defeat the entire stronghold of Malkariss.

However, Cluny the Scourge was able to really get inside his own opponents' heads and guess what they were thinking. And he was good at coming up with new plans as old ones were put to waste by the Redwallers. I feel like chess is a constantly changing game, unless you're truly a cut above the other player and you can control the flow of it from the beginning to end. Cluny just seems a bit more flexible then Slagar to me.

But if you don't believe me, just ask him:

And, after all, Cluny did literally out-think Chickenhound and his mother. (I know, I know, Slagar was a lot younger back then :P).

I keep bringing up Slagar, by the way, because I do think he would beat every other villain at chess. Just not Cluny.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on May 11, 2013, 05:27:49 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 09, 2013, 06:06:37 PM
He had true blue brains, unlike most other Wildcats in the series.

Literally! ;D
*Coughs* Here, let me rephraise that: He had the true red brains, unlike most Wildcats in the series :P.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Blazemane on May 11, 2013, 10:35:53 PM
*Imagines all the villains trying to share one chess board...* What kinds of rules would you need to play that way, I wonder?

But, tournament. If we can assume in the first place that Ulbaz Mad Eyes wouldn't be able to literally control the other players (something like jedi mind tricks only working on weak mind), then I would say Cluny the Scourge, beating Slagar in the championship match.

Slagar was able to construct incredibly elaborate plans and keep them moving well enough to avoid destruction until the very end. He basically... got to where he was going, the heroes caught up to him and then they proved strong enough to defeat the entire stronghold of Malkariss.

However, Cluny the Scourge was able to really get inside his own opponents' heads and guess what they were thinking. And he was good at coming up with new plans as old ones were put to waste by the Redwallers. I feel like chess is a constantly changing game, unless you're truly a cut above the other player and you can control the flow of it from the beginning to end. Cluny just seems a bit more flexible then Slagar to me.

But if you don't believe me, just ask him:

And, after all, Cluny did literally out-think Chickenhound and his mother. (I know, I know, Slagar was a lot younger back then :P).

I keep bringing up Slagar, by the way, because I do think he would beat every other villain at chess. Just not Cluny.

Oh boy, that's some tough evidence to fight!

Here's where we stand...
Vilu Daskar: 2
Cluny: 2
Slagar: 2
Ungatt Trunn: 2

Some people where kinda vague with who they voted for so I gave a vote to whomever they spoke highest of!

Captain Tammo

Ok we'll leave that one for a bit.

New Matchup!

The Taggerung from Taggerung
Vs.
Leatho Shellhound from High Rhulain

In a fight,

Who Would Win?

Tam and Martin

Oow tough one. The Taggerung had special abilities and Leatho didn't have them. But Leatho is so awesome. Maybe Leatho Shellhound.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

CrazyPug37

Very, very tough....

I will be thinking this one over.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United