What happens if you get reported

Started by Vilu Daskar, November 29, 2012, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

You mean if a post is reported? An e-mail goes to the staff, and we will look into the situation and take what action is appropriate.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Lutra

You, yourself don't necessarily get reported, the post does. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Lutra on November 30, 2012, 12:41:50 AM
You, yourself don't necessarily get reported, the post does. ;)
Wait, hold on just a secand! If you wrote the post that was reported, then woudn't you have to be talked to about it? I mean, if it was your post that was reported, you'ed woudn't beable to just get away with it.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Lutra

Depends on the post.  Some posts are simply reported because they're duplicates of a post already made.  A talking to isn't really necessary for a simple mistake like that now. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

Are we told if one of are posts was reported?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

phoenixfoden

Lutra

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on December 13, 2012, 03:22:00 AM
Are we told if one of are posts was reported?

Usually by the time I get to the posts someone else on staff has already taken care of things.  I do not PM for things like duplicate topics.  If its truly a duplicate, I simply write duplicate topic in the post and close the topic.  If I can find the original topic I'll post the link to that.  If its anything serious, then yeah, usually a PM is involved.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skyblade

Which is why you should always think before you post ^.^

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lutra

That goes without saying, but we are all human after all, and do mess up from time to time. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

But what if somebody post's something that has swearing or offending content? You coudn't just let the guy who posted it get away with it. I mean, he REALLY coudn't. So what would you do?

Romsca

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on February 20, 2013, 01:50:24 AM
I think they get gagged for a time
I just saw a member who was gagged: his name was Taggerung of Redwall, or something like that. It said that he Had posted something which suggested some bad language.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 11, 2013, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: Romsca on February 20, 2013, 01:50:24 AM
I think they get gagged for a time
I just saw a member who was gagged: his name was Taggerung of Redwall, or something like that. It said that he Had posted something which suggested some bad language.

Was THAT the reason! I've been wanting to know why, how did you find out? And what happens, is the Mods look over the situation as a whole, and will either just ignore it if it's pointless, or dish out proper consequences if it's serious.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This