News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Friend Function

Started by Trigoma, July 10, 2011, 03:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

hey r u guys gonna add a friend function? just to keep better track of everyone we know better!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

The Lady Shael

This certainly would be nice! Unfortunately SMF has no capability for this and probably won't have it (that would require a lot of coding).
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Trigoma

ah i see ok no problem!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Trigoma

er...just wondering...is the site a little more updated tht it has been out for a while now...that we can have a friend function? o.o
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lutra

I think what Shael meant was that its not that the staff turned the feature down.  I think the board is coded in a way that this cannot be added, even if you want it to be added.  ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Coobreedan

At least that means we can all be friends.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Trigoma

eh lol. easyer to keep track of freinds with the function
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lutra

I would rather see it as the entire board can be a community and we don't have "groupies" of friends on the board.  I'm not in favor of a Redwall in-crowd on the forum.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

That's true. I wouldn't like this place so much if there was that.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

I agree with Lutra, and since SMF doesn't allow a function like this anyway, I'll lock this topic.