News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Crossed Swords Contest #3 Tell us a Tale, Weave us a Yarn

Started by BrookSkimmer, April 07, 2013, 06:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

This contest might be something of interest to those who enjoy writing so I thought I would post it here as well as in the RP tournament forum. Please feel free to enter your piece into the contest! You may need to do a little reading of the tournament itself to get a better idea of the characters.

Here we go again! This contest requires a bit more work than the other two contests. Because of this, I've dropped the word "mini" out of the title.

Contest #3 (Tell me a Tale, Weave me a Yarn)

This contest is open to those competing in the tournament and to those not competing. I will also be posting this contest in the creative writing section of our forum.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a back story of one of the characters in the Crossed Swords Tournament. It can include more than one of the characters in Crossed Swords, but should focus on one particular character.

This story can be about whatever you wish. An adventure, a lesson learned, a funny anecdote, a story from dibbunhood, an event with a relative, or anything else like the a fore mentioned.

If you have a question about subject matter for your tale,  PM BrookSkimmer for details.

Rules:

1. The story must be 800 words or less but not below 300.

2. If you are using another person's character you need to PM them for permission. If they decline your request, figure out another way to write your story.

3. PM completed stories to BrookSkimmer

4. Deadline is April 26th... so get writing! :D

5. Stories will be judged by the general populace of RedwallAbbey.com. the winner will be determined by a poll.

6. Make sure to keep your stories rated G for RedwallAbbey.com (think Disney movie and you're there :D)

7. One entry per person.

8. Prize for first place will be a full color portrait of a Redwall character (fan made or from the books) of the winner's choosing drawn by BrookSkimmer. Second place will be a line art portrait of a Redwall character of the second place winner's choice.

9. Direct any questions regarding this contest to BrookSkimmer via PM.