News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Gabe The Warrior's Art

Started by Gabe The Warrior, May 02, 2013, 11:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabe The Warrior

@Romsca,
Sure, in fact. Let's start soon. It might give me good practice on drawing other animals besides Mice. Honestly, I'm not confident in my abilities, but people say I draw good. I believe them, but I want to draw better.

You'll be the first person I art trade with on this forum. So tell me what you want and I'll tell you what I want. Deal?
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Rainshadow

And, possibly sometime in the future, would you consider doing a trade with me as well?  I don't draw nearly as well as you, but still, it'd be fun!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

AWESOME!!! I wish I could draw like that!

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 13, 2013, 03:45:19 AM
@Romsca,
Sure, in fact. Let's start soon. It might give me good practice on drawing other animals besides Mice. Honestly, I'm not confident in my abilities, but people say I draw good. I believe them, but I want to draw better.

You'll be the first person I art trade with on this forum. So tell me what you want and I'll tell you what I want. Deal?
Orlando is awesome!

And if you don't mind, I'd like to trade with you also.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 13, 2013, 03:27:58 AM
Thank you, I try hard on detail on clothing. Learning how to draw the correct creases is tough, and I still feel like I'm far from perfecting it.

Yes, I know what you mean, could you give me some tips on the subject?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Gabe The Warrior

@Romsca and Rainshadow,
Ok, you two are on my list first, so you get to decide what you want me to draw. I will only draw characters from "Redwall (Matthias)" to "Mariel of Redwall" and any fan characters. As for me, I haven't decided yet.

@Redwaller,
Sorry, I'm only doing two for now. I've put up a list on the original post. See that for more details.

@Leatho Shellhound,
Hmm.. Well, the only thing I can suggest is make observations on real people wearing clothing. Start drawing people, more realistic things.  Just focus on studying clothing and draw what you see. Your eyes won't fail you if you draw what you see. Just practice and observation, that's all it is. Slowly, you'll be able to create your own idea on how creases work, like how I did.

""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Redwaller

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 13, 2013, 03:29:24 PM
@Redwaller,
Sorry, I'm only doing two for now. I've put up a list on the original post. See that for more details.
No prob.  :) If you don't mind, I'd like to be next on the list.

Gabe The Warrior

Sure, I'll be sure to remember you're next. Once the other two are finished...

Gabe The Warrior

So um, hopefully the two people who wanted to AT with me haven't forgotten about it.. ^^; Unless you don't want it anymore, that's fine. xD

Rainshadow

Whoa, I did forget about that!  :P  Well, this is my main character at the moment (seeing as I'm in a whopping total of what?  3 RPs?  :P

Name:  Elda (EL-duh) Logi (LOY-yay)

Species:  Otter

Position:  Head cook

Weapons:  Elda carries her trusty ladle, which is made of a strong steel.  She herself forged it for fighting as well as cooking, and she has lovingly named it Traustar (Turr-EYE-stir), which means Sturdy.  She even engraved its name on the handle, so she'd never forget it.
 Elda also carries a round wooden shield, made from an old oak tree.  Her shield is painted to look like it was on fire.  She made it under the careful eye of her father when she was a mere child.  Ever since, she's been adding small changes to its design, taking out jars of red, orange and yellow dye each night and painting another flame onto it.  She has named her shield Björt (Bee-YURT), which means bright.  She carved the name into the back of the shield, near the centre, so that its name would not be forgotten, either.
 And lastly, Elda carries a dagger which, unlike her other weapons, has no name.  It is a plain, steel dagger with no real value, and its hilt is wrapped in black leather.  Its sheath is of the same black leather.

Physical appearance:  Elda is an albino otter, having pure white fur.  Her eyes are very pink, almost red.  Her nose is of the same colour.  Elda has dyed her muzzle a bright red, fading into orange and then yellow before returning to its natural white.  She did this to mirror the pattern on her shield.
 Elda is a rather lean otter, with not much muscle showing.  She does, however, have quite strong and large muscles, but they don't show.  She's a bit taller than a river otter's average height, due to the fact that she's half sea otter.

Armour/clothing:  Elda wears a deep red tunic, which, like her shield and muzzle, fades to orange and yellow near the hems (neckline, sleeves and the base ;)).  She wears chainmail underneath her tunic, and has a black belt which holds both her dagger (tied to the left side) and her ladle (tucked into the left side of her belt, close to the dagger).  Her shield, which she holds with her left hand, is slung over her back, held secure by a black belt, much like her other belt.  Elda also has a black cloak, to keep her from getting cold on the long winter nights.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Romsca

I'll post the character description later! I'm still in, I'm just REALLY busy right now, so you can go ahead and do Rainshadow's first

Gabe The Warrior

@Rainshadow,

Do you have any reference of her? It'd be helpful if you had at least one picture.

Rainshadow

Ah, yes I do!  I, being of the doodling kind, did quite a few little headshots of her before actually making a full-body drawing.  It's not nearly the best, but it's how I imagine her.

Elda Logi
[close]

Gabe The Warrior

@Rainshadow,

Alright thank you for the reference, I'll get to the drawing as soon as I find time.

As for my request, I'd like for you to draw Mattimeo, doing whatever pose or anything you want him to. Good luck!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 16, 2013, 05:12:40 AM
@Rainshadow,

Alright thank you for the reference, I'll get to the drawing as soon as I find time.

As for my request, I'd like for you to draw Mattimeo, doing whatever pose or anything you want him to. Good luck!

Thanks!  I'll get to drawing him as soon as I'm done with my other requests.  :)

Rainshadow

Sorry for the double post, and for bothering to ask this, but if you haven't already started on my request, I was wondering if I could change it?  If not, that's totally fine, but I recently started writing a Warriors fanfic and wanted a really good cover for it, possibly a coloured drawing (or not coloured) of the main character.  If you've already started on Elda, then don't worry about it, and completely forget this post.  But, if you haven't already started, would you mind if I changed my request?  It's totally fine if you can't, I was just wondering.