News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Bloodthirsty villains

Started by Log-a-Log, July 18, 2011, 07:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

Who do you think is the most bloodthirsty villain in all of the Redwall books? I would have to say Razzid Wearat
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Matthias720

In my opinion, Gulo was definitely the most bloodthirsty. I mean, seriously, ripping out creatures hearts to gain strength? *shudders* Scarey. >_<

Nightfire

Yup, I agree. Definitely Gulo the Savage. Razzid Wearat would come close second, and Cluny the Scourge is in third place.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Captain Tammo

Defiantly Gulo. I mean, he literally DRINKS blood!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

DanielofRedwall

Gulo the Savage easily. He was a cannibal, and as the others mentioned, did some disgusting stuff...
Received mostly negative reviews.

James Gryphon

As a cannibal, Gulo is definitely a popular choice, but I'd have to consider a few others as well.

Ferahgo the Assassin, although outwardly charming, derived particular pleasure in killing his enemies... he carried a skinning knife in addition to his killing knife, and we can assume, used it for its intended purpose. Also, I direct readers to exhibit A, his foiling an assassination attempt. Previously, he had been recovering from wounds sustained from boiling water. Upon killing someone, he immediately felt much better, his injuries practically forgotten. If that isn't an indication of bloodthirstiness, I'm not sure what is.

Asmodeus hypnotized and devoured his prey, and took no small pleasure out of this.

Lask Frildur, and all of his Monitors, also ate their prey.

Tsarmina also took particular fiendish glee in her tyranny; I believe it was said that the Mask shuddered to hear her diabolical plans, as she talked about enslaving woodlanders and dividing up their families.

There's also Gabool, who mercilessly murdered Bludrigg, and boasted about doing so to Saltar later... also, he attempted to kill both Mariel and Joseph through kicking them into the ocean, and killed several other vermin by throwing them to his pet Skrabblag.

I might also mention Ublaz Mad Eyes, who, in addition to murdering an entire otter holt for six pearls (however beautiful they might have been), and controlling the aforementioned flesh-eating lizards, also treacherously killed off almost the entire crew of Bloodkeel, and hypnotized Conva into jumping out of a window to his death.
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Sawany Rath was pretty bloodthirsty, skinning creatures alive. Also those characters from Rogue Crew who enslaved Uggo and Posybud, forgot their names, despite how stupid they were, they were still bloodthirsty. They ate beasts, apparently.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

Gulo the Savage. He practically revels in eating his conquered enemies. Bluuurghh...
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

daskar666

Riggu Felis is definitely bloodthirsty after chaining scorecat Yund to the wall and making Scaut slowly cut him up.

Osu

And yet another here for Gulo. He ate his enemies. Not because that's what he eats, like the snakes might be able to claim, but because he wanted to.

Ate. Them.

Ate.

Urgh.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: daskar666 on July 19, 2011, 05:21:38 PM
Riggu Felis is definitely bloodthirsty after chaining scorecat Yund to the wall and making Scaut slowly cut him up.

Yea I shuddered when I read that part
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

daskar666

Razzid Wearat is definitely on the high end of bloodthirstiness...I'm still at the beginning of the Rogue Crew and already he ran over 4 young hares on his ship and then burned an otter alive.

Skalrag of Marshank

What book is Gulo  the Savage in?
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Matthias720

Skalrag of Marshank

Thanks! I just finished part one of Triss.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy