News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

General Suggestions

Started by rakkety tam, July 19, 2011, 07:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

He means when you first get on the Redwall Abbey forum there's something called news at the top of the page. it used to be just one piece of news but now it is changing.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on May 07, 2013, 07:02:34 PM
The Changing News is cool! I'd like to see it permanent.
So would I!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Gabe The Warrior

Okay, here's a suggestion that I'd like to see be made if possible.

In the discussion on books and characters, can we have sub-categories for each book? I know it warns of spoilers when we enter in the the thread and topics. But I'd like each topic to focus primarily on each individuals own book. The titles are a dead give away sometimes, and it ruins the story. Is there someway we can arrange all the topics? I know it may take some time and effort to do that, but is it possible?
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 09, 2013, 04:44:26 AM
Okay, here's a suggestion that I'd like to see be made if possible.

In the discussion on books and characters, can we have sub-categories for each book? I know it warns of spoilers when we enter in the the thread and topics. But I'd like each topic to focus primarily on each individuals own book. The titles are a dead give away sometimes, and it ruins the story. Is there someway we can arrange all the topics? I know it may take some time and effort to do that, but is it possible?
Intresting idea...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Gabe The Warrior

And another addition(s) to the suggestion. I may have mentioned this already but we need a friends list and a message somewhere near our name saying what topic or thread we are looking at so that others can see.
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Rainshadow

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 13, 2013, 04:10:07 AM
And another addition(s) to the suggestion. I may have mentioned this already but we need a friends list and a message somewhere near our name saying what topic or thread we are looking at so that others can see.

We do have a sort of 'Message list'.  If you look at the 'Who's Online?' page (found near the bottom of the main page), you can see when the member was last active and what thread they're looking at.  Slightly stalkerish, I know.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BloodGullet

hello, I got a suggestion, and it may have been posted already, but honestly, I didn't have the motivation (or the time) to go through 13 pages to see if it had, :D

anyway, there are some situations where if you are posting and you later change your mind about posting at all in that particular spot at all, that it would be handy to be able to delete your post.  I know you can modify, but the best you can do there is put blank spaces or dots or something, but it won't let it be entirely blank, and you can't delete it.

so, that's it, the ability to not just modify, but delete your own posts - not other people's post, just your own.
When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

Maudie

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! When I joined this forum there were 1623 members, now its in the 1400s, what happened? did some mod go on a deleting rampage?

EDIT: Whoops! meant to put that in the Q&A thread!

DOUBLE EDIT: And maybe, in addition to being able to delete our posts, we should get the ability to combine them if we accidentally double/triple/quadruple/quintuple post.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Osu

If you'd like any of your posts deleted, fastest method is to PM a mod.

As for the member count, there was a time when there were a lot of spambots registering; most have been deleted. Sometimes users delete their accounts as well.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Shandi

Quote from: Matthias720 on October 19, 2012, 04:18:24 PM
Just keep in mind that most of our members here are under the age of 18,

Aww. Young 'uns. :)

The latest Redwall survivor contest! Apps due May 31st!

Gabe The Warrior

Hmmm... Here's an idea, Redwall Emotes!!

Not that I dislike the yellow guys, but I was thinking it would be call to have emotes off our favorite characters.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: BloodGullet on May 16, 2013, 04:28:28 AM
hello, I got a suggestion, and it may have been posted already, but honestly, I didn't have the motivation (or the time) to go through 13 pages to see if it had, :D

anyway, there are some situations where if you are posting and you later change your mind about posting at all in that particular spot at all, that it would be handy to be able to delete your post.  I know you can modify, but the best you can do there is put blank spaces or dots or something, but it won't let it be entirely blank, and you can't delete it.

so, that's it, the ability to not just modify, but delete your own posts - not other people's post, just your own.
If you want a post deleted, like Osu said just PM a mod, and edit your post to say something like "Post deleted".

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 16, 2013, 06:14:04 AM
Hmmm... Here's an idea, Redwall Emotes!!

Not that I dislike the yellow guys, but I was thinking it would be call to have emotes off our favorite characters.
Already in development. ;)
Received mostly negative reviews.

BrookSkimmer

There are some prototypes of emotes right now... they will be up for all to see... well, some day :D

Rainshadow

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on May 16, 2013, 10:37:56 PM
There are some prototypes of emotes right now... they will be up for all to see... well, some day :D

Now you're gettin' me all excited!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner