News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Romsca- the story

Started by Romsca, July 28, 2013, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Ah, (how did I not notice that romsca was being called sohbian, well now I know  :P)
~Just a soft space boi~

Romsca

Blaggut

Plz the new chapter, I hungry.
~Just a soft space boi~

Romsca

I will probably get some to polish up the rough draft within the next few days... but I can't promise anything... but HOPEFULLY! I really want to continue writing, but I'm just so busy sometimes :'(

I'll try my best! ;)

Blaggut

Just post it as it, im sure it will be good! (I usaully one shot anyways)
~Just a soft space boi~

Romsca

I'll post it this weekend regardless of quality  ;)

Romsca

Here 'tis...  ;D :P

-Chapter 4-

It was another entire year before Siobhan heard back from her family. The fox who had first taken her letter to the town had brought the one from her family back to the village. She didn't read it at first; the fox had arrived while she was working. She put the letter with the rest of her belongings in the inn room and went back to work. She worked late, as always. She was usually the one who cleaned the inn at the end of the day. Afterwards, she was exhausted.

This night, she almost fell asleep before reading her letter. She tried to keep herself awake as she looked for where she had put it. She remembered she had put it on the small wooden table in the room and found it there. It had been tied together with a simple piece of leather. She quickly undid the knot and started to read the letter. It's my mum's handwriting, she thought, as she read. I've missed her, but I hadn't realized she missed me this much. By the time she had finished reading, she had tears in her eyes. She quickly wiped her tears away and checked to see how much money she had earned so far. She had saved carefully, and she finally had just enough to afford to go back to Green Isle. She decided that in the morning, she would pack everything and leave. She would miss this village.

The next day before lunch, she was packing her belongings when she heard someone knock at her door. She got up to see who it was. It was Hamish. He smiled at her.

"So, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me to lunch..." He paused as he saw that everything she owned was either packed or on the floor waiting to be organized. He seemed confused. "What's going on?"

"Well..." Her eyes suddenly filled with tears. She had not been prepared to tell him the news. Their relationship had grown considerably over the last year, and she did not want to end it so abruptly. She took a deep breath and started again. "Well, I got this letter from my family," she walked over to the table, grabbed the letter, and handed it to Hamish, "and... I'm... leaving. Later today. Oh, I'll miss you so much! I don't want to leave you." She began to cry.

He held her close until she got her sobbing under control. "Who said you had to leave, lassie?" he asked eventually.

"Oh, I don't know," she said, wiping her eyes. "I've been waiting for this letter for about a year now, and I just got it. I had told myself I'd be leaving the day after I got it, and I got it late yesterday."

Hamish sat down in a chair and thought about what she said.

"Well, do you have anything to say to me? Do you want to stay?" She paused and looked up from her packing. "Well?"

He looked slightly startled. "Oh!... Uh... well..." Lost for words, he got up and left.
Siobhan was didn't understand his reaction. She sighed and went back to packing.

"Hamish, aren't you supposed to be working?"

Hamish looked up to see his boss, an otter, staring at him. "Huh? I'm sorry... I was thinking..."

"What were you thinking about that was so important?" his boss asked. There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Siobhan," he answered, even though he knew his boss wouldn't take this as a good excuse. He sighed. "Sorry, I'll get back to work."

"What about her?" the boss asked, as the two of them walked towards the fishing boats.

"Oh... she's leaving."
"Leaving?"

"Aye. She's going back to Green Isle. I'll miss her." He sighed again.

"Ask her to marry you."

"What??" Hamish couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Trust me. Otherwise she'll leave and you'll never see her again."

"Right."

Later that day, Siobhan started to leave. Hamish saw her, and he went up to her and explained how he felt. Then, he asked her to marry him. Siobhan decided to stay, and the two of them got married a few months later.

Leatho Shellhound

This is AMAZING!!!! It's swell!!!!!!!!!! I like it a lot!!!! I can't believe I haven't seen this before now, I read it in one go. I couldn't stop! Write more! Please!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

It's awesome! More more more!!!  :D

Captain Tammo

It's turning out very nicely!!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Shadowed One

Very good! However, it might help if you were a little more descriptive. The story doesn't have much description.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Blaggut

Pretty cool, a little bit gooey right now, (ya know, them marrying), but I'm sure someone will fight soon! Good job.
~Just a soft space boi~

Romsca

Quote from: Shadowed One on September 27, 2013, 11:04:57 PM
Very good! However, it might help if you were a little more descriptive. The story doesn't have much description.

Yeah, it's more or less a rough draft  :P

Blaggut

More! Dis good story, so good, my ferret meat candy army is already taking it over... Mwahahahahhaha!
~Just a soft space boi~

Captain Tammo

Don't get discouraged, we all are eager to see the next chapter!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior