The voyage of the Jackdaw RP

Started by The Shade, August 10, 2013, 11:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

OOC: Note: Sign ups are found in the OOC board.

IC: Arguler the pirate captain was sitting in an inn, known as The pirates house. It was a dim old place, right by the sea, and not to busy. Arguler prefered it that way, they were less likely to be caught by local authority. He was thinking dark thoughts, thoughts about his family, and his lost brother, when Short strolled up. The mink slapped him on the back, and they crashed their tankareds together. Arguler swigged the grog, and then sat back again. Today he had heard a merchant ship had set sail two nights ago. Well armed, but still.....the treasures it would hold! He nodded to Short, who drew a pistol from his belt, and fired it. Instantly all noise stopped. Arguler stode up.  'Lets slash the anker' ropes mates!' 'Today we set sail!' His annoucment was met with a roar of approval from the crew.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Sparks of Southsward

OOC: Ah, forgive me chaps, I wasnt aware.                               IC: Red Rage Mcintyre was bent over, dealing with yet another bout of sea-sickness, taking a deep breath as the sea breezes brushed over his head and mouth, he stood up, stretching, then would check his trusty musketoon, along with his claymore and targe on his hip, he then looked out into the vast expanse of ocean, he saw a ship, putting a claw to his chin, he would go to the merchant captain, intent on reporting his greenhorn recon report.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Sparks, we're already sailing.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

OOC: Right  :)

BIC: The bloodthristy crew scuttled up the gangplanks. The ancor rope was slashed, the royals were released. Arguler spun the wheel, and slowly the ship turned, facing the open sea. The wind began to blow, and the sails filled, pulling the ship forward. Arguler leaned on the helm, survaing the waves, already planning ahead. Yes, they would go full sail, and catch that ship as soon as possibly. Then the treasure!!! The raccoon quivered with anticiption.

Dag Downyfur

Riventail sharpened his knife, preparing for the raid. He glanced around, observing the ship and the receding shoreline.
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

The Shade

Argular stood at the helm, yelling orders. 'Somebeast get to the crow's nest, or we'll never see 'em! Unfold the main sail! We need ter git some speed! And ye!' he pointed to Short. Git some grub before I feed yer to the squid!

Dag Downyfur

Riventail, seeing that no beast else was going to do it, climbed up to the crow's nest. The pine marten liked the heights and the vast expanse of ocean had a wild beauty, dangerous yet elegant.

OOC: lol those are poetic thoughts for vermin XD
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Sparks of Southsward

Red made his way through the mid-deck, sailers going to and fro, some sleeping, others drinking, the crew seemed mostly otters, which he didnt care for, but was rather partial to the rum on board, he then approached the door to the captain's quarters, knocking on the door. OOC: Is there any one here on the merchant crew or is the captain

Dag Downyfur

OOC; not as far as I know

BIC: Riventail squinted. He could've sworn he had seen something on the horizon..he rubbed his eyes and looked again. Yes, a small shape that was unmistakable..the tip of a sail..maybe the merchant ship they were searching for! "A sail, I see a sail, on the horizon, mebbe it's the sail of the merchant ship!"

The Shade

OOC: Sparks, you can make the cap'n if you want, but he will most likely be killed it the battle.

BIC:  "The mechant ship?" Arguler swarmed up the ratlines. He natrural speed of climbing soon got him to the lubbers hole. Climbing though, he arrived at the narrow platform that served as a crows nest. "Harr harr, so 'tis. Three points off to starboard!"

Dag Downyfur

Riventail smiled, he was ready for some fighting.

Sparks of Southsward

Red was allowed into the quarters and after reporting his findings, the otter captain would burst out, a naval duckfoot pistol in hand "Get the lead out ya sea dogs, we got pirates, ready the cannons and move the loot down to the galley!" Red would hurry along, loading his musketoon, his fur bristling in excitement

The Shade

Arguler peered through a spyglass at the other ship. "Git the cannons ready lads, I think thev'e seen us!" The raccoon was sure they would win, what other ship was more heavly armed than his?

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: You realize, of course, that being heavily armed doesn't help you much since if you sink us then you don't get the treasure.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade