News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Scary or Disconcerting Moments in Redwall

Started by MeadowR, August 30, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetail

I love my bunny Benny, and my dogs max & Bella
REDWALL IS THE BEST

Firetail

I love my bunny Benny, and my dogs max & Bella
REDWALL IS THE BEST

MeadowR

After starting to read High Rhulain I have to say that it's pretty disconcerting reading how the wildcat leader's face looked after the bird attack. Part of the skull and under flesh showing... nasty!!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Leatho Shellhound

^^ I know right!

One of the frightening, yet exciting moments was when the wytes where leading their victims to their death.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Romsca

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 02, 2014, 08:40:04 PM
One of the frightening, yet exciting moments was when the wytes where leading their victims to their death.

I thought that was sad :'(

Leatho Shellhound

That's why I wrote it as a Scary or Disconcerting Moment in Redwall, I liked the originality of it though. Kinda like that one frog/toad in Mariel of Redwall.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jewel Thief

A particularly disconcerting moment?
I would have two big ones- The scene in Outcast of Redwall in which Balefur and his two fox cronies are fleeing lost in the tunnels, and enter a room with a great, clear, bottomless pool. One fox leaps into the pool and floats down into darkness rather than get slain by the snakes pursuing them, while Balefur and the other slowly back away as the snakes approach...

Then, in Triss, with the scene in which Slitfang (Who was one of my alltime favorite characters, which made this part so much worse) extends a paw to Kurda in friendship, and Kurda slices both his paw and his head off in two swift chops, imaging the herrings and turnips she used to destroy back home, rather than one of my favorite Freebooters getting dismembered and beheaded... Made me want to tear Kurda apart, I can tell ya ;P
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?

Romsca

When Ironhook's head was on top of the mast in The Rogue Crew >:( :'(

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Romsca on June 15, 2014, 08:28:21 PM
When Ironhook's head was on top of the mast in The Rogue Crew >:( :'(
If I know you, then that was probably more maddening to you right?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Romsca

Absolutely! But one moment that I did actually find disconcerting was when in Legend of Luke a rat/weasel/stoat pushed that ferret into the fire after stabbing him in the stomach :o

Tam and Martin

Tiria Wildlough

I found it disturbing in The Rogue Crew when those vermin were descending on Jum Gurdy's uncle Wullow, and the creatures who found his remains afterwards... :-\
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Tam and Martin

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 19, 2014, 11:04:49 AM
I found it disturbing in The Rogue Crew when those vermin were descending on Jum Gurdy's uncle Wullow, and the creatures who found his remains afterwards... :-\

Oh, yes. Definitely.

In Martin The Warrior, when there's those snakes on the heron. It's at the end of the chapter.

mnsc

Gabool the Wild was a little scary when you read it at night(Mariel of RedWall).