News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

True or False

Started by Leatho Shellhound, July 26, 2011, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

False, nobody used more technology than the Yuuzhan Vong did.

Every part of their ships were completely mechanical, and even the Vong themselves were cyborgs, with very few "original parts" left intact. The greatest honor a Vong could have was to undergo a process called "entechment", in which their essence was completely transferred into a dangerous war machine. The Vong Core Sentinels were the most powerful of these warriors, as powerful as tanks and much more maneuverable.

While their advanced, unique technology greatly dampened conventional weapons, they were susceptible to ionic and electrical weapons, which led to the production of X-Wings, Y-Wings, and in the New Empire, TIE Interceptors equipped with ion cannons.

The most powerful Vong ship was the Doom Planet, a ship similar and about as powerful as the original Death Star, albeit without the exhaust port weaknesses. It seemed unstoppable in the first stage of the war, such as when it blew up Coruscant, but eventually it, and the elite Vong armada accompanying it, were defeated when R2-D2 hacked into the Doom Planet's system, sending an override that shut down the entire fleet. Many Bothans died gaining the information necessary to do this.

Afterwards, the New Republic navy under Admiral Ackbar and General Luke Skywalker easily mopped up the remaining Vong fleets in the Second Battle of Wayland, the Third Battle of Naboo, and the Battle of the Alderaan Belt.

The greatest weakness the Vong had was that they were strongly susceptible to Force powers, especially Dark Side powers like lightning, which led to much temptation on the part of the New Jedi Order to resort to Dark Side techniques. In the end, the Jedi refused to compromise their principles and won the war without relying on such things.

;)

There were five space shuttles.
« Subject to editing »

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

The post before me is amazingly well written, although ah suspect that it'z author wrote it az a joke.

Tae prevent any confuzion,
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Quote from: James Gryphon on August 20, 2011, 05:42:06 PM
There's no right way to answer that one.

Carrots are toxic.

Actually, James, the correct answer is true. ;D

False?

Redwall is made from red sapphires.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Falze.

Redwall iz made from red rubiez.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

False.

My chimney is a gateway to Redwall.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Captain Tammo

True, redwall is everywhere!!! :D
Redwall is awesome, true or false
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

False. (Bet you didn't expect to see that!)

Something that is "awesome" is something that inspires awe. The definition of awe, according to the dictionary:

1. an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like
2. (archaic) power to inspire fear or reverence.
3. (obsolete) fear or dread.

Now, Redwall Abbey may inspire fear or dread into the hearts of vermin, but I can't say that it has ever done so to me. Also, I have no overwhelming reverence or fear of it myself, and any admiration I might have isn't anywhere near the level required to qualify as "awe".

If the question was "Is Redwall popular", or "Are the books about Redwall a good book series", I might be able to say yes, but is it awesome? Probably not. ;)

Humans can drink all kinds of water, true or false?
« Subject to editing »

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

True. Tha' doeznae mean they willnae die zoon afterwardz... *hidez a bottle o' poizon behind hiz back an' then triez tae look innocent*

A + B = 99 x C - 5

James Gryphon

True.

A = 56
B = 8.999999999999993
C = 0.7070707070707071

56 + 8.999999999999993 = 99 x 0.7070707070707071 - 5

Cluny the Scourge's tail was magic.
« Subject to editing »

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

The perzon two poztz before me haz a strange zenze o' humour.

Nightfire

True.

HiaG likes weasels, but has not posted anything about them for a long time.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Weasels!

Falze.

Platez make excellent throwin' dizkz, and parentz dinnae ken anythin' aboat wot'z fun.

Tiria Wildlough

False. Every parent has their moments, and it's not fun to throw plates. ;D
My skin is green. :P
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Tha'z fer ye tae ken, an fer me tae nay care aboat.

Mnggal-Mnggal waz perfectly harmlezz. (Ztar Warz.)